*Lumberton vs. Vidor Updates/VIDOR WINS 27-12/COMMENTS*

Beard was crampping up pretty bad. I saw him tightin up and go to the ground. Your handle says coach on it doesnt it? And your dogging highschool kids.... pretty sorry

See what you don't understand that the sarcasm wasn't to the play of young man on the field it was towards the fellow who was trying to make an excuse. So if I in anyway underminded the 3 players I apologize and that was not my intention.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two programs with similar kids and good coaching staffs....I was not there but it sounds like the game was exactly what is should have been....a good one that came down to playing hard, keeping your cool,and being lucky on injuries.If you talk pre-game smack you have to be willing to eat some crow . The Vidor fans are laying it on thick but if the tables were turned it probally would be the same way.Just my opinion.

Two programs with similar kids and good coaching staffs....I was not there but it sounds like the game was exactly what is should have been....a good one that came down to playing hard, keeping your cool,and being lucky on injuries.If you talk pre-game smack you have to be willing to eat some crow . The Vidor fans are laying it on thick but if the tables were turned it probally would be the same way.Just my oppion.

Have to say probably the best observation I have seen posted here yet.

Two programs with similar kids and good coaching staffs....I was not there but it sounds like the game was exactly what is should have been....a good one that came down to playing hard, keeping your cool,and being lucky on injuries.If you talk pre-game smack you have to be willing to eat some crow . The Vidor fans are laying it on thick but if the tables were turned it probally would be the same way.Just my oppion.

Have to say probably the best observation I have seen posted here yet.

thanks..

i'm a big vidor fan but lumb. played a great game last night.they came out just as i expected them to.but even tho they were ahead at the half vidor never gave up one time.i think that lumb. thought they had it in the bag and thats when the game got interesting.vidor knew what they had to do to come out with the win and i think they earned it by the way the o-line steped it up and was gettin their assignments done if it wasn't for them their runnin backs would be out for weeks because the lumberton D are some big guys that bring it their all.bottum line is that both tems came to play and they both worked hard and left it on the field.all i can say is that lumberton gave us a run for our muney.great job to both teams.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

yea no joke!!!

I'm waitin on my apology from its all about the u, because i told him vidor would run all over them and he said he would admit it if they did, so I'm waitin its all about the u :-)

Vidor is a good team not sure if they are a playoff team.  As far as running all over Lumberton, what game did you watch?  Lumberton handled the Pirates in the first half.  Lumberton comes out in the second half the at least three of their best players on the sidelines to various reasons.  Vidor scored only when Beard was out of the game (all of the 3Q and most of the 4th).

I will be convinced Vidor is good playoff team when they go thru mid-county with some wins!

For 1 thing Vidor shot itself in the foot in the first half... if you were at the game then you remember Vidor fumbling on Lumberton's 8 the score at that time was 3-0... Lumberton came out physical on first drive ( ask #23 ) but only came up with a field goal.... Your kicker does have an awesome leg. I can not say that Lumberton dominated Vidor in the first half. As far as the 3 players on the sidelines it must of been the hard hitting that Vidor was dishing out in the first half.... and continued with in the 2nd half... Why was Beard out "(all of the 3Q and most of the 4th)."? Did he have homework to do? Have a migraine? or was it that he was getting the stuffing knocked out of him by the Vidor O Line? And if your whole defense hinges on the play of 3 men, then Lumberton has bigger problems then your acknowledging. I do hope that Coach C can get Mr. Hanna and his temper under control because that is 1 heck of a RB!!  

First of all, I would like to say congrats to the Vidor football team and the Vidor coaches for a well deserved win. They earned it as much as I hate to say it. The Raiders were pretty much handling them in the first half but Vidor came out in the second half and played with a lot of intensity & physicality and the Raiders didn't seem to be up for the challenge to finish out what they had started. Once Vidor got the momentum at home it went down hill fast. I will say this though...I do still believe that the Raiders have the better team. Vidor won fair & square and I'm not going to make any excuses for why Lumberton lost. Vidor was the better team Sat. night. They wanted it more. But I still think Lumberton is a better overall football team. If they played 10 times, I think Lumberton would win more. Second...notice I said congrats to the Vidor FOOTBALL TEAM & Vidor COACHES... I do not owe anyone any apologies as I gave my opinion on the game and whether it ended up being right or wrong, I owe no one apologies. All that matters is that I give the Pirates props for winning the game. I will admit that I said I didn't think Vidor would win by 2-3 td's. They ended up winning by 2 so I'll admit that they proved me wrong on that. However, I never said Vidor couldn't or wouldn't win the game. I never gave a prediction if U go back and look at my posts. I said I thought Lumberton was the better team before the game and I still stand by that. I'm not going to go into the rushing yards because Vidor racked up many of those with a major piece of the Raider D out for a long time...so I'

m not even going to go there. Coach cHomeaux, I can assure U that the player you're referring to did not get the stuffing knocked out of him. As a matter of fact he was doing the knocking. I'm sure if U were watching the game closely U would have seen him decleating an individual close to the Vidor side as he was blocking during one of the Raider td runs that was called back before half-time. The reason he was out had nothing to do with anyone on the Vidor side. I can assure U that. Cramps! I'm sure it is easy for U to sit behind your computer screen and run your mouth about certain HS players whenever U don't have to say it to their face. I'm sure your tone would be different if you weren't hiding behind your pc...Coach! Not very professional behavior if you're really a coach.

I just can't wait to hear what the experts like Band of Brothers, ITS all _about_the_U, Raiderfan87, and RaiderPride09 have to say.  I mean they had such insightful predictions and comments before the game, surely they have plenty to say now.  And there are many other football "experts" from Lumberton that I am leaving out but the list just seems to be too long to get everyone in.  Come on guys speak up.  We are dying to hear your expert analysis of the whipping your boys took last night.

yea no joke!!!

I'm waitin on my apology from its all about the u, because i told him vidor would run all over them and he said he would admit it if they did, so I'm waitin its all about the u :-)

Vidor is a good team not sure if they are a playoff team.  As far as running all over Lumberton, what game did you watch?  Lumberton handled the Pirates in the first half.  Lumberton comes out in the second half the at least three of their best players on the sidelines to various reasons.  Vidor scored only when Beard was out of the game (all of the 3Q and most of the 4th).

I will be convinced Vidor is good playoff team when they go thru mid-county with some wins!

For 1 thing Vidor shot itself in the foot in the first half... if you were at the game then you remember Vidor fumbling on Lumberton's 8 the score at that time was 3-0... Lumberton came out physical on first drive ( ask #23 ) but only came up with a field goal.... Your kicker does have an awesome leg. I can not say that Lumberton dominated Vidor in the first half. As far as the 3 players on the sidelines it must of been the hard hitting that Vidor was dishing out in the first half.... and continued with in the 2nd half... Why was Beard out "(all of the 3Q and most of the 4th)."? Did he have homework to do? Have a migraine? or was it that he was getting the stuffing knocked out of him by the Vidor O Line? And if your whole defense hinges on the play of 3 men, then Lumberton has bigger problems then your acknowledging. I do hope that Coach C can get Mr. Hanna and his temper under control because that is 1 heck of a RB!!  

First of all, I would like to say congrats to the Vidor football team and the Vidor coaches for a well deserved win. They earned it as much as I hate to say it. The Raiders were pretty much handling them in the first half but Vidor came out in the second half and played with a lot of intensity & physicality and the Raiders didn't seem to be up for the challenge to finish out what they had started. Once Vidor got the momentum at home it went down hill fast. I will say this though...I do still believe that the Raiders have the better team. Vidor won fair & square and I'm not going to make any excuses for why Lumberton lost. Vidor was the better team Sat. night. They wanted it more. But I still think Lumberton is a better overall football team. If they played 10 times, I think Lumberton would win more. Second...notice I said congrats to the Vidor FOOTBALL TEAM & Vidor COACHES... I do not owe anyone any apologies as I gave my opinion on the game and whether it ended up being right or wrong, I owe no one apologies. All that matters is that I give the Pirates props for winning the game. I will admit that I said I didn't think Vidor would win by 2-3 td's. They ended up winning by 2 so I'll admit that they proved me wrong on that. However, I never said Vidor couldn't or wouldn't win the game. I never gave a prediction if U go back and look at my posts. I said I thought Lumberton was the better team before the game and I still stand by that. I'm not going to go into the rushing yards because Vidor racked up many of those with a major piece of the Raider D out for a long time...so I'

m not even going to go there. Coach cHomeaux, I can assure U that the player you're referring to did not get the stuffing knocked out of him. As a matter of fact he was doing the knocking. I'm sure if U were watching the game closely U would have seen him decleating an individual close to the Vidor side as he was blocking during one of the Raider td runs that was called back before half-time. The reason he was out had nothing to do with anyone on the Vidor side. I can assure U that. Cramps! I'm sure it is easy for U to sit behind your computer screen and run your mouth about certain HS players whenever U don't have to say it to their face. I'm sure your tone would be different if you weren't hiding behind your pc...Coach! Not very professional behavior if you're really a coach.

Dude lighten up. He was not degrading anyone he was making a reference to some hard hitting going on.Also like I said in a previous post Vidor had 2 on defence leave the game put the rest of the team kept playing. If your whole D revolves around one player L-Towns  in trouble.

yea no joke!!!

Dude lighten up. He was not degrading anyone he was making a reference to some hard hitting going on.Also like I said in a previous post Vidor had 2 on defence leave the game put the rest of the team kept playing. If your whole D revolves around one player L-Towns  in trouble.

He's been this way ever since he joined.  I almost got a tear in my eye with that long winded, very well several day thought out narrative.  It's a freakn'message board! ha ha ha ha.....man you don't have to explain yourself to anyone nor does anyone else on here.  Congrats again Vidor!

yea no joke!!!

All I can say is you see it your way and I see it my way. I do not know why you take this as a personal attack. I complimented the team, Coach C and Mr. Hanna. and you say I am running my mouth?? I guess your right. I was seen Hanna run over 1 of our players and he was out til after half time... as I have said before and probably will say it again that man runs like a truck... but I am just running my mouth again so I will leave it alone. Have a nice day U.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder