Newton 46 HJ 28 Final/Comments

HJ had a 50+ yard run called back late in the 4th with the score 33-28....  it was a game breaker and put HJ back inside their own 20....  Great effort Hawks... game was much closer than the final indicated...

Newton will be fine.... they get better as the season goes.....  Now district starts.

HJ had a 50+ yard run called back late in the 4th with the score 33-28....  it was a game breaker and put HJ back inside their own 20....   Great effort Hawks... game was much closer than the final indicated...

Newton will be fine.... they get better as the season goes.....   Now district starts.

Both of those long runs that were called back were killers and really could have changed the end results. H.J. Hawks are better than I would have guessed before I saw them play. Keep playing With The Heart Shown Tonight And Good Things Will Happen. I will be eagerly watching how The Hawks do the rest of the way in 2008. Good Luck and Stay Healthy.

did yall ever stop to think that maybe the game was so close was cause hj isnt a terrible team like you all think? maybe for once yall can actually give the hawks the props they deserve because like the seniors have been sayin since they were freshman the class of 09 is gonna be somethin

GO HAWKS!!

we finally showed people what we were really made of

Guest EagleFan01

Newton also turned the ball over three times two of those HJ got inside there on 20.. HJ was very solid on the ground they have two good backs. Newton fans have been saying this all year the eagles have a great passing attack this season good solid qb and some really good recievers. The qb is young and made some mistakes last night missed some wide open recievers. He also made some good throws he will only get better and he progresses. Good Luck to HJ the rest of the way keep up the good work.

I'm glad Coach Barbay took HJ seriously (words from him at the Quarterback meeting), while it appears others don't give them the credit they deserve. Your offense made some great plays and kept Newton fans on the edge of their seats until that final moment. It seems like you just couldn't get those breaks on the field that decide so many games. Keep up the good work and continue to surprise those who don't recognize your talent. Good Luck!

The Hawks D held Newton to 167 on the ground.  Who would have thought? But Newton has some 1st rate recievers and had an excellent plan for getting them the ball. I'm not into moral victories but it does show something about the desire for the Hawks to earn some respect.

On a side note the players, coaches and fans for Newton are polite and respectful.  All around 1st class and true sportsmen.

Newton also turned the ball over three times two of those HJ got inside there on 20.. HJ was very solid on the ground they have two good backs. Newton fans have been saying this all year the eagles have a great passing attack this season good solid qb and some really good recievers. The qb is young and made some mistakes last night missed some wide open recievers. He also made some good throws he will only get better and he progresses. Good Luck to HJ the rest of the way keep up the good work.

Newton, I think has a great quarterback. he can release the ball with huge speed and the receivers did a nice job catching the ball all night. 1 interception that the QB for the Eagles threw was a terrible decision. he chunked it up in the air for grabs  ;) . If you're stopping one of Newton's main plays, they are coming at you with another one in different formations.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder