Vidor vs. Central Tue.*Game will be broadcasted here!GAME AT VIDOR*

KFDM COOP

bcjag---I do not like to get involved in football discussions but for you I will make an exception. Either your memory is terrible or you have been watching a different game. It was the Jags that received all the breaks late in the game (last year) from the refs including the safety that was not called after Vidor put you on the one foot line. What lost the game for Vidor were the three fumbles all near midfield. They (Vidor) did run one fumble in for a touchdown after a blotched punt reception by the Jags. But the go ahead touchdown that won the game came late in the game with close to two minutes remaining as the Jags on Vidors 45 run one play for a touchdown after a fumble recovery. Vidor actually received more penalties against them than did the Jags plus they gave away (Vidor)two more fumbles than they recovered. If you are going to come on here claiming referee bias please be a little more specific because your memory and allegations are just not sustainable.

If Vidor can hold on to the ball, and that is a big if, I look for a Vidor win. If they continue to give the ball up there is no way they can win. Last years Jags had a hard time running the ball but had a lot of success in the air. Improvement on defense will make that more difficult this season.

But if you want to talk about bad refs, some of the worst officiated basketball games I have seen have been in the Central gym. I have seen plenty of bad calls and a lot of good ones along the way.

He was talking about the last game is Vidor in 2006 when the scoreboard went out and stuff.  He wasn't talking about last years game.

As far as the Basketball comment, I'll be more than happy to discuss that with you on the Basketball threads...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is Vidor wants to be the next Lumberton '07... Sorry it wont happen!!!! ;D  :D;)

The "Bottom Line" on this Central vs. Vidor spread is about Central and Vidor.

Don't come in here and even mention lumberton...

stay on your own spreads and relive the glory days of last year and we are going to play football and make everyone in this town forget about that L-Train

;)

I was just being facetious... I am a Jag fan baby...

In the first half, the scoreboard mysteriously went out, so no one knew how much time was left and stuff.  I guess they was trying to work on it, so it would come on briefly throughout the first half.  It seemed like the clock only came on when Central was on offense.  When Vidor got the ball, the clock goes out.  A lot of Jag fans were in the stands including myself using choice words for the situation.  In the in the second half, pretty much the same thing happened.  Then the clock started working some time in the 4th quarter with only seconds for Central to score the go ahead TD.  If my memory served me correct, this is what happened...

you must have a bad memory soulja boy..     ::)

The scoreboard went out in the 2nd.qtr.  Coach Mathews had a maintenance guy sitting on a ladder perched up on the scoreboard.When Central (according to soulja boy and his buddies)had the ball the clock would come on and then Coach Mathews would give the signal to the maintenance guy to turn it off..Although the refs were keeping the clock down on the field..BUT the refs were in on it too you see..all 5 or 6 of them..  Coach Mathews would give them another signal to start or stop the clock.

so all the referees ,coaching staff,vidor players,vidor fans, and the maintenance crew was in on it..It was the biggest conspiracy since JFK. So you see we bought out all the referees, and everyone involved to keep it quiet from the Central fans..And It worked until the end with 12 seconds left on the clock there QB scored the game winning TD.

here is scenario 2:  the clock went out in the 2nd qtr.it was fixed by the 3rd qtr. and Vidor might have just played central a great game .. you decide which one you want to believe..

In the first half, the scoreboard mysteriously went out, so no one knew how much time was left and stuff.  I guess they was trying to work on it, so it would come on briefly throughout the first half.  It seemed like the clock only came on when Central was on offense.  When Vidor got the ball, the clock goes out.  A lot of Jag fans were in the stands including myself using choice words for the situation.   In the in the second half, pretty much the same thing happened.  Then the clock started working some time in the 4th quarter with only seconds for Central to score the go ahead TD.  If my memory served me correct, this is what happened...

Say it aint so. :o :o  that is hard to believe  that was going on in yalls stands!! WOW..I am stunned!

The scoreboard went out in the 2nd.qtr.  Coach Mathews had a maintenance guy sitting on a ladder perched up on the scoreboard.When Central (according to soulja boy and his buddies)had the ball the clock would come on and then Coach Mathews would give the signal to the maintenance guy to turn it off..Although the refs were keeping the clock down on the field..BUT the refs were in on it too you see..all 5 or 6 of them..  Coach Mathews would give them another signal to start or stop the clock.

so all the referees ,coaching staff,vidor players,vidor fans, and the maintenance crew was in on it..It was the biggest conspiracy since JFK. So you see we bought out all the referees, and everyone involved to keep it quiet from the Central fans..And It worked until the end with 12 seconds left on the clock there QB scored the game winning TD.

here is scenario 2:  the clock went out in the 2nd qtr.it was fixed by the 3rd qtr. and Vidor might have just played central a great game .. you decide which one you want to believe..

Me and a bunch of other pirate fans had this discussion before.  One heated discussion was before the football season even started.  So I will not entertain this old nonsense.  Bottom line is that we won on that night, and nothing will change tomorrow night.  We'll win again.  And maybe me or any of my 'buddies' won't have to hear your corny Jay Leno jokes again... ::) ::)

Me and a bunch of other pirate fans had this discussion before.  One heated discussion was before the football season even started.  So I will not entertain this old nonsense.  Bottom line is that we won on that night, and nothing will change tomorrow night.  We'll win again.  And maybe me or any of my 'buddies' won't have to hear your corny Jay Leno jokes again... ::) ::)

good luck to you and may the best team win.. ;)

BMTsoulja..Before correcting my post please go back and read what I actually commented about. Your buddy said that "in the last few years, the refs kept Vidor from getting blown out". The last time I checked last season was in the last few years. One example of bad judgement on his part was good enough for me.

Speaking of basketball, I understand your 6'8" player will now be playing for Ozen since moving in with his dad. If this is true Gulley and Jefferson will not be able to handle the Pirates by themselves. Look for a Pirate upset special.

Last year's team was not very good.  You won't see me mentioning much from that team any time soon.  So if he was talking about them, more power to him!  ;D ;D

I havn't heard of the kid going to Ozen.  If this is true, it would have been good for him to stay at Central.  He have a lanky body with long arms that would have been nothing but positive for us.  I tell you one thing...Don't think that Gulley and Jefferson will be the whole team.  We won't be missing much if big Jeff leaves...

no guys

remember... this is an "away" game for us... at our own stadium... lol

I fell to see the humor ??? I wonder, has Vidor had anymore problems with that scoeboard since that game? just wondering

fail to see the humor? sorry, pet peeve

also i don't know about the scoreboard

i do know that it got pretty messed up during rita...

not sure about the wiring...

also, both coaches agree on the refs, and i was not at that game, but i do believe that vidor gets a bad rep about anything that goes wrong at pirate stadium

you dont see all of us on the forums crying about the bogus holding call last year on us in the png game at our stadium that cancelled out a touchdown pass that would have won us the game...

no hard feelings, and let the best team win

no guys

remember... this is an "away" game for us... at our own stadium... lol

I fell to see the humor ??? I wonder, has Vidor had anymore problems with that scoeboard since that game? just wondering

fail to see the humor? sorry, pet peeve

also i don't know about the scoreboard

i do know that it got pretty messed up during rita...

not sure about the wiring...

also, both coaches agree on the refs, and i was not at that game, but i do believe that vidor gets a bad rep about anything that goes wrong at pirate stadium

you dont see all of us on the forums crying about the bogus holding call last year on us in the png game at our stadium that cancelled out a touchdown pass that would have won us the game...

no hard feelings, and let the best team win

May the best team win

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin