*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Eye jogging north now...believe me guys...the worst has yet to come for SETX. Eye may end up going over High Island.

seems like this thing has picked up speed don't you think? the eye bout to come over Galveston, well part of it, i don't know what a double eyewall means but it cant be good for Galveston/high island

From what I can gather the double yoked eye actually has the hurricane fighting against itself. If either wall takes over it gets stronger ... from what I understand I am in no way a weatherman...........

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Audrey Surge at SP...

from

This is the hidden content, please

History has shown that the Port Arthur area is vulnerable to the occurrence of destructive storm surge associated with tropical cyclones. The vulnerability of the area has been proven by two storms of recent memory, Hurricane Audrey in June 1957, and Hurricane Carla in September 1961. Audrey, which moved inland some 16 miles east of Sabine Pass, was one of the most severe hurricanes to strike the coast of the United States in the month of June. It generated a surge of 9.4 ft above MSL at Sabine Pass, with 5.6 ft above MSL recorded at Port Arthur and 4.5 ft above MSL recorded at Beaumont. Several lives were lost, and over 1.5 million dollars of damage was suffered in the area. Hurricane Carla, the largest storm to strike the Texas coast since 1900, crossed the coast approximately 200 miles southwest of Sabine pass, but surge heights of 9.4 ft above MSL at Sabine Pass, 7.6 ft above MSL at Port Arthur, 8.5 ft above MSL at the mouth of the Neches River, 8.1 ft above MSL on the north shore of Sabine Lake, and 7.4 ft above MSL on the Sabine River at Orange were recorded. The surge inundated 40 percent of the Port Arthur area, with millions of dollars in damage suffered (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1979).

anyone see that naked dude (no homo) run right behind the weather guy in Beaumont  :D

hilarious

anyway, its not really looking too good for P.A., i just got a call the water is starting to splash over the seawall now. at least 75% of the town has left though, thats a very good thing, i didnt think more than 55% would leave.

oh, the heavy surge hasnt happened yet. thats the scary part.  :(

anyone see that naked dude (no homo) run right behind the weather guy in Beaumont  :D

hilarious

anyway, its not really looking too good for P.A., i just got a call the water is starting to splash over the seawall now. at least 75% of the town has left though, that's a very good thing, i didn't think more than 55% would leave.

oh, the heavy surge hasn't happened yet. that's the scary part.  :(

Yes I did that was funny!!! The only thing that would of made it funnier would of been him busting his ____!!!

Audrey Surge at SP...

from

This is the hidden content, please

History has shown that the Port Arthur area is vulnerable to the occurrence of destructive storm surge associated with tropical cyclones. The vulnerability of the area has been proven by two storms of recent memory, Hurricane Audrey in June 1957, and Hurricane Carla in September 1961. Audrey, which moved inland some 16 miles east of Sabine Pass, was one of the most severe hurricanes to strike the coast of the United States in the month of June. It generated a surge of 9.4 ft above MSL at Sabine Pass, with 5.6 ft above MSL recorded at Port Arthur and 4.5 ft above MSL recorded at Beaumont. Several lives were lost, and over 1.5 million dollars of damage was suffered in the area. Hurricane Carla, the largest storm to strike the Texas coast since 1900, crossed the coast approximately 200 miles southwest of Sabine pass, but surge heights of 9.4 ft above MSL at Sabine Pass, 7.6 ft above MSL at Port Arthur, 8.5 ft above MSL at the mouth of the Neches River, 8.1 ft above MSL on the north shore of Sabine Lake, and 7.4 ft above MSL on the Sabine River at Orange were recorded. The surge inundated 40 percent of the Port Arthur area, with millions of dollars in damage suffered (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1979).

Ok I give ..... what does MSL stand for??

hilarious

anyway, its not really looking too good for P.A., i just got a call the water is starting to splash over the seawall now. at least 75% of the town has left though, thats a very good thing, i didnt think more than 55% would leave.

oh, the heavy surge hasnt happened yet. thats the scary part.  :(

I was on TV!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124