West Brook - Ozen on NBC Friday Night

Beginning this Friday, courtesy of KBTV ( NBC channel 4 ), high school football will be on local television.  Friday night's match up between West Brook and Ozen will be aired in it's entirety at 10:35PM.  Another KBTV game

to be aired will be Central at Lumberton.  Same time frame, same station.

Chris Pruitt, the new station manager at 4, is the mastermind behind placing local high school games on right after the game.  He has said the station hopes to do more in the near future if this is well received.  I think it took about 2 seconds to convince James Ware and Nick Canizales this might be a good idea.

A familiar name will be totally involved with the taping of these games.  Sheffield Productions, formerly of Friday Night Experience, will tape the two games mentioned plus a whole schedule of other teams.  All Kelly home games plus selected Vidor,  Nederland, and  Bridge City games are several of the games on this schedule.   

Except for the two Channel 4 games ( airing on NBC ) the rest of the season's games will air on Time Warner 18  ( on the following Wed after the game at 7:00 PM ) and roll over to digital channel 1 for 30 days.  Sheffield Productions schedule for this season can be found in the Examiner, Port Arthur News and Beaumont Enterprise. 

For those interested , Mike and Lew Sheffield are proud to announce their whole video crew is still together after 13 fine seasons and looking forward to placing their best foot forward by taping two games for James Ware and his bunch at KBTV and finishing off with a full schedule of local schools on the agenda.  Faithfull followers will be excited to know about new and better replay equipment with the support of onscreen graphics.  More details to follow, but credit readers familiar with the names "Big Foot", the "Highlights Queen", DJ, and Evinrude,  will be pleased to know all are on board plus the rest of the full cast are returning for this season. 

Guest EagleFan01

You have to make sure you do some small school games not just the big 4A and 5A schools get some of the 3A and below also.... This is a great idea can't wait to see this....

Sheffield Productions 2008 Football Schedule

all games except two noted are to air on Time Warner

channel 18 and digital channel 1

*Aug 29    West Brk hosts Ozen ( NBC channel 4 )

Sept 5    Bridge City hosts Kountze

Sept 12  Kelly hosts Houston Furby

Sept 19  Kelly hosts Splendora

Sept 26  Kelly hosts Bridge City

Oct 3    Kelly hosts Houston St. Pius

*Oct 10  Lumberton hosts Central ( NBC channel 4 )

Oct 17  Kelly hosts Houston St Thomas

Oct 24    TBA

Oct 31  Vidor host Nederland for homecoming

Nov 7    Bridge City hosts Hampshire Fannette

Hey , how about them apples. . . three 3A schools, four 4A schools , one  5A school and 5 Kelly games.     

Oct 3     Kelly hosts Houston St. Pius

*Oct 10   Lumberton hosts Central ( NBC channel 4 )

Oct 17   Kelly hosts Houston St Thomas

Oct 24    TBA

Hey , how about them apples. . . three 3A schools, four 4A schools , one   5A school and 5 Kelly games.       

LOL  Houston FURBY??? :D

Just think for a moment how dumb this really is.  All Kelly home games televised.  The Kelly fans are gonna go to those games.  No one else really cares about them.  Who is going to watch them that night?

However, many local fans would watch Ned, PNG, Central, Ozen, Orange etc.  because they have an interest in those teams.  They might be future opponents,or might affect their standings.  There has to be a reason for this.  Can someone explain?

Well here goes............... Jim Barton and Port Arthur News Friday Night Experience have contracts governing the broadcast of many games. This production company has approached many local AD's with an offer of an opportunity to get their teams on television. So many other variables are involved to make things "HAPPEN" , mostly involving sponsorship dollars. It does take money to put on the show, cause it ain't being done for free. As far as Kelly goes, Coach Long has been strongly supportive of this company's efforts to bring this area a "SECOND CHOICE" in viewing enjoyment. The same can be said for Coach Stump in Bridge City.  I ask you all to please be patient with this company and give them a chance. Watch the games and I promise you will at least enjoy the effort and technology that is put in to its production. As things grow over time you will see bigger and better things and also the games you seek as more believers come on board. Again, Kelly was willing to make a commitment. That is why you have these home games. I do understand that a PNG-Lumberton game is there for the commitment, but they haven't got one yet. Anyone out there got the Coach's ear may want to give MB a call................................

I understand all the sponsor mumbo-jumbo... Just letting someone know KATY#9 in the STATE vs. West Brook#12 in the STATE Saturday, September 27, Alex Durley Stadium.

There are a lot of people that won't get to see a game of this caliber until the 3rd or 4th season of Lamar's football program...if then?

Just thought that a lot of people out there say "What is the difference in 5A compaired to 2A,3A or even 4A?" Well, televise this one and they can see.

I figured it came down to dollars.  It's a shame because the ratings will be bad and it might not make it off the ground.  I guess the public schools don't have money to commit to this project.   Too bad!

I agree.  No offense to Kelly fans but I'll pass.

I understand all the sponsor mumbo-jumbo... Just letting someone know KATY#9 in the STATE vs. West Brook#12 in the STATE Saturday, September 27, Alex Durley Stadium.

There are a lot of people that won't get to see a game of this caliber until the 3rd or 4th season of Lamar's football program...if then?

Just thought that a lot of people out there say "What is the difference in 5A compaired to 2A,3A or even 4A?" Well, televise this one and they can see.

Ya know, Soulja and I were just talking and both said the same thing at the same time! KUDOS, EX-Ceauch. And yes, there is a big difference between the state's premier teams in different classifications. It would really be a shame to miss the opportunity to broadcast a game with two state ranked teams on TV. LOTS of people would watch!

Oct 3     Kelly hosts Houston St. Pius

*Oct 10   Lumberton hosts Central ( NBC channel 4 )

Oct 17   Kelly hosts Houston St Thomas

Oct 24    TBA

Hey , how about them apples. . . three 3A schools, four 4A schools , one   5A school and 5 Kelly games.       

This a good case of "Money Talks and Bull%$#@ Walks".

If any one talks to Mr. Barton. Ask him how much it would cost to broadcast this game. I'm sure WESTENDERS can afford it.

As for me...I would tape it, but like Michael Jackson said..."I'll be there!!!"

How can you miss a chance to see C. Mike????

Like the man said, Barton already has contracts with schools ( Nederland, PNG, and PAM ) and he is obligated to them. It's all about money. Bmt Kelly obviously stepped up and provided some sponsors to get the telecast. That's why we are broadcasting the teams we are doing ( Kirbyville, Silsbee, Lumberton, and BISD GOW ) because we got sponsor money to do it along with them providing their own broadcast teams.. If other schools would come up with their own money and broadcast teams, we would do them also.

It's not about broadcasting the best game, but about who is going to pony up to take care of the costs.

So since you brought it up, what does a school typically have to put up ($$) to get their game broadcast on TV?

I have no idea how much it cost to broadcast a game on TV. I only know what the costs are for broadcasting audio over the internet.

Our contracts with the schools that we are broadcasting is for the whole season, not per game.

So since you brought it up, what does a school typically have to put up ($$) to get their game broadcast on TV?

I have no idea how much it cost to broadcast a game on TV. I only know what the costs are for broadcasting audio over the internet.

Our contracts with the schools that we are broadcasting is for the whole season, not per game.

I was just curious, because I know that there are fans that would love to see the Katy/WB game later next month. However, none of us will get to see it if Gustav keeps inching it's way toward us! :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami