Pacific Northwest Regional Champions:  Skagit Valley, Washington

Ohio Valley Regional Champions:  Youngstown, Ohio

New England Regional Champions:  Norwalk, Connecticut

Midwest Plains Regional Champions:  West Fargo, North Dakota

Middle Atlantic Regional Champions:  Syracuse, New York

Host:  Quincy, Massachussetts

Eastern Massachussetts State Champions:  Cambridge, Massachussetts

Tallahassee was last years champion.

Pools:  American Division:  Tallahassee, FL; West Fargo, ND; Syracuse, NY; Palo Alto, CA; Quincy, MA.

National Division:  Nederland, TX; Norwalk, CT; Skagit Valley, WA; Youngstown, OH; Cambridge, MA.

Pool Play

Game#      Date       Away    Home                      Time

1 16-Aug Norwalk, CT Youngstown, OH       12:00PM

2 16-Aug Syracuse, NY West Fargo, ND         2:30 PM

3 16-Aug Cambridge, MA Nederland, TX         5:30 PM

4 16-Aug Quincy, MA Tallahassee, FL         8:00 PM

5 17-Aug Nederland, TX Skagit Valley, WA         12:00 PM

6 17-Aug Tallahassee, FL Palo Alto, CA         2:30 PM

7 17-Aug Youngstown, OH Cambridge, MA         5:30 PM

8 17-Aug West Fargo, ND Quincy, MA         8:00 PM

9 18-Aug Skagit Valley, WA Youngstown, OH         12:00 PM

10 18-Aug Palo Alto, CA West Fargo, ND           2:30 PM

11 18-Aug Cambridge, MA Norwalk, CT           5:30 PM

12 18-Aug Quincy, MA Syracuse, NY           8:00 PM

13 19-Aug West Fargo, ND Tallahasse, FL         12:00 PM

14 19-Aug Nederland, TX Norwalk, CT           2:30 PM

15 19-Aug Skagit Valley, WA Cambridge, MA           5:30 PM

16 19-Aug Syracuse, NY Palo Alto, CA           8:00 PM

17 20-Aug Norwalk, CT Skagit Valley, WA           12:00 PM

18 20-Aug Youngstown, OH Nederland, TX           2:30 PM

19 20-Aug Tallahassee, FL Syracuse, NY           5:30 PM

20 20-Aug Palo Alto, CA Quincy, MA           8:00 PM

I've wondered about something for a few years now but never had a place like this forum to ask about it.  My question is:  How do the Nederland/MC Babe Ruth and Sr. Babe Ruth teams have so much success year after year?  It seems like almost every year one of our teams is going to and sometimes winning the World Series.  Our local Little League teams and even high schools do OK but nothing like the Babe Ruth teams.  What's their winning formula???  Thanks for any replies.

First, the league has been around for about 50 years. So, the 2 crowns we have in Little Babe Ruth (13-15), and 1 crown we have in Sr Babe Ruth (16-18) is not that many in comparison to the all the years we have been playing.

Now, our leagues has been to World Series quite a few times, but to win it, everything must be in place.

As far as the success, Southeast Texas is a baseball mecca. Football may get the lion share of the pub, but we are really a baseball community. When you take this best players on your tournament team from boundaries and play other leagues across America from their boundaries, we always can be competitive.

Guest Penny

I love Babe Ruth baseball, don't want to knock it, but not there are many leagues that play summer ball, Babe Ruth is just one.  It's not like they are playing the best in the world at their age.  There are many programs at this age.  Additionally, we are essentially pulling an all star team from a HUGE area, I would argue that based on the geographics in a talent rich area, along with the number of Babe Ruth programs that we EXPECT to be playing deep into Regionals and the World Series.  Just my two cents.  It is a great summer program to give kids a place to play great competition.  Consider it the Cape Cod league of SE Texas.

Actually, 11 of the 15 players were playing select baseball (Big Timers and Sundevils) and planned their summer so they could play on this team.  I bet we are not the only team that has players that wanted to play Babe Ruth summer baseball and made sure their schedules accomodated it. 

Guest b-a-g fan

Be Thankfull that there is a leauge other than travel ball to allow kids to play all the way to 18 years of age . Most girls Softball leagues, end after 14 ,so only the cream of the crop can play through the HighSchool years . Babe ruth is a fantastic organization and one of my friends child, is on the team going to the World Series,and he made the comment ,when he came to this league that Nederland BabeRuth is the cream of the crop and he was in aww for his child to play here. Go get em young Men the City of Nederland is behind you . Our Nederland ladies came close this year but you guys are going to bring the gold back to Nederland were it Belongs  :o :o :o

Guest PNG4LIFE

Good luck guys! I have no doubt if you continue playing like you have and the coaches keep their heads in the game, you will have a great chance of bringing home the trophy.

We have received calls in the last few years from Orange County wanting to start a Babe Ruth league for the 13-15 yr old's since boundaries exclude that county.

We can help guide you in the right direction if there is interest for an Orange County Babe Ruth 13-15 yr old league, just pm me. Orange County is loaded with baseball players in that age bracket, and with the Select organizations that ya'll have, it would be a perfect fit. 

We have received calls in the last few years from Orange County wanting to start a Babe Ruth league for the 13-15 yr old's since boundaries exclude that county.

We can help guide you in the right direction if there is interest for an Orange County Babe Ruth 13-15 yr old league, just pm me. Orange County is loaded with baseball players in that age bracket, and with the Select organizations that ya'll have, it would be a perfect fit. 

I thought kids from Orange county did play in the ANederland Babe Ruth league. :-\

I thought kids from Orange county did play in the ANederland Babe Ruth league. :-\

TD

Orange County does play in Mid County Sr Babe Ruth 16-18,  Nederland Babe Ruth ages 13-15 has boundaries of Jefferson County. Both leagues are affiliated with Babe Ruth but are autonomous with different boards.

TD

Orange County does play in Mid County Sr Babe Ruth 16-18,  Nederland Babe Ruth ages 13-15 has boundaries of Jefferson County. Both leagues are affiliated with Babe Ruth but are autonomous with different boards.

Thank you

14-Year-Old World Series

QUINCY, MASS

NORWALK, CONNECTICUT vs YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO

Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008

Game #: 1

Game Time: 12:00 pm (EST)

Updated: 8/16/08

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10  R  H  E

NORWALK  0  0  0  2  0  0  1  .  .  .  3  6  1

YOUNGSTOWN  1  0  0  2  0  1  x  .  .  .  4  6  0

WP: JUSTIN FLEO

LP: ALEX PETRIDES

2B: FLEO, DAN POPEO, RICKY JONES (Y)

3B: LEON FLEMING (N)

Game delayed about 1 hour due to wet grounds.

TELLEFSEN AWARDS:  LEON FLEMING, NORWALK

RICKY JONES, YOUNGSTOWN

14-Year-Old World Series

Quincy, MA

VALLEY BR-SYRACUSE NY vs WEST FARGO, ND

Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008

Game #: 2

Game Time: 2:30 pm (EST)

Updated:

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10  R  H  E

VALLEY          0  0  1  0  2  0  0  .  .  .    3  8  0

WEST FARGO  0  0  0  0  0  0  0          .  0  1  4