*Chad Landry Named New BC Baseball Coach*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, congratulations to Chad Landry and BC.  I repeat that I think this is a great fit for both.

Second, congratulations to Kyle Green and Vidor.  The Pirates kept a good coach and can continue to build that program in the same positive direction it has been going.

Okay...problem solved.  What's next????

Compliments of Gary Stelly at www.kogt.com

chadlandryon6.jpg

Chad Landry will be the next head baseball coach at Bridge City High School.  He has been offered, and accepted, the position pending approval at next Monday's school board meeting.  Landry spent five years as head coach of Hamshire-Fannett, making the playoffs in three of those years.  "We're real happy to have Chad," said BC Athletic Director Cris Stump.  "He's a motivator and he works well with kids."  BC Superintendent Dr. Jamey Harrison echoed those comments.  "He was real impressive in his interview and he made no bones about how excited he would be if he came to Bridge City."  Landry said he is excited about the new challenge and also thanked the H-F community for their support.  "It's really hard leaving those kids.  You get to know them from the 7th grade so it's real personable there.  The parents were supportive and always got us what we needed."  The search for a new coach has been a long one clouded with stories and rumors.  Emerick Jagneaux turned the job down after taking the Deer Park job.  Kyle Green of Vidor was supposedly offered the job and turned it down.  Harrison said, "Green was a consideration but at the same time we were talking to Chad.  Chad was not our third choice because we had never officially offered the job to Kyle."  Landry responded, "I don't care where I was on the list. I'm just happy to be given the opportunity."  He was so excited that he doesn't even know what his other duties are yet.  Obviously he'll coach football but doesn't know at what level.  Landry graduated from Nederland in 1997 before playing at Seminole JC and Texas Tech.  He and his wife Mandi are expecting the first child, a boy, in August

chadlandryon6.jpg

Chad Landry will be the next head baseball coach at Bridge City High School.  He has been offered, and accepted, the position pending approval at next Monday's school board meeting.  Landry spent five years as head coach of Hamshire-Fannett, making the playoffs in three of those years.  "We're real happy to have Chad," said BC Athletic Director Cris Stump.  "He's a motivator and he works well with kids."  BC Superintendent Dr. Jamey Harrison echoed those comments.  "He was real impressive in his interview and he made no bones about how excited he would be if he came to Bridge City."  Landry said he is excited about the new challenge and also thanked the H-F community for their support.  "It's really hard leaving those kids.  You get to know them from the 7th grade so it's real personable there.  The parents were supportive and always got us what we needed."  The search for a new coach has been a long one clouded with stories and rumors.  Emerick Jagneaux turned the job down after taking the Deer Park job.  Kyle Green of Vidor was supposedly offered the job and turned it down.  Harrison said, "Green was a consideration but at the same time we were talking to Chad.  Chad was not our third choice because we had never officially offered the job to Kyle."  Landry responded, "I don't care where I was on the list. I'm just happy to be given the opportunity."  He was so excited that he doesn't even know what his other duties are yet.  Obviously he'll coach football but doesn't know at what level.  Landry graduated from Nederland in 1997 before playing at Seminole JC and Texas Tech.  He and his wife Mandi are expecting the first child, a boy, in August

Whatever...I know for a fact he was offered the job... But that is here are there..that is bc wiggling their way out of getting bad hype.  I know kyle is very happy for chad...congrats to him!!

Guest Pirate V Ball

chadlandryon6.jpg

Whatever...I know for a fact he was offered the job... But that is here are there..that is bc wiggling their way out of getting bad hype.  I know kyle is very happy for chad...congrats to him!!

Congrats to Coach Landry. But Yes Kyle WAS offered the job.

From the Orange Leader:

“To be honest, I don’t consider it being that I was offered the job,†Green said. “I would hate to speak for Stump but in my mind I have the opportunity to go over there. Right now I’m not even sure I am the man they want. I have not physically spoken to him in a while and it was never worded like “Do you want the job?’

Guest Pirate V Ball

I know what the article says but they were waiting on an answer from Green, Green was offered and that's who Stump wanted last week.

I know what the article says but they were waiting on an answer from Green, Green was offered and that's who Stump wanted last week.

“To be honest, I don’t consider it being that I was offered the job,†Green said. “I would hate to speak for Stump but in my mind I have the opportunity to go over there. Right now I’m not even sure I am the man they want. I have not physically spoken to him in a while and it was never worded like “Do you want the job?’

Guest Pirate V Ball

You can post that all day if you want! Green was offered the job and most people know it. Stump said personnally "Let me Know".

You can post that all day if you want! Green was offered the job and most people know it. Stump said personally "Let me Know".

No offense but who cares? If Coach Green is happy and BC got their man what's the point? This should not be aired out on a website anyway. ya think?  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder