What sport is your school most known for?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss.  I could've posted this in any of the high school forums but i thought the most people would read it here.  When i hear people talk about other schools, they'll say, that school is a baseball school or football school, or whatever sport they are known for.  So i got to thinking, what is other peoples perceptions of all the schools in the area.  When you think of a certain school, what sport comes to mind?  You can answer that based on tradition, success, or something else and whether its based on the past or present day or whatever criteria you like.  I am most familiar with 21-3A so i was gonna list those schools and leave my school blank.  Post whatever schools or districts you like or are familiar with.  Look at my answers, maybe i'm wrong about a few, so post your own opinions on what you think what sport those schools are known for....

21-3A

WOS- football

HJ- basketball, golf

Silsbee- basketball, football

Kirbyville- football, tennis

HF- football

BC- baseball

Jasper- baseball, football

OF-

Guest ECBucFan

E.c. Could be football and basketball imo

Yes, it could and should be both. But if just having to choose, its football, though, IMO. Basketball has had a ton of success, so I guess thats why ST1 named BB. 

E.c. Could be football and basketball imo

Yes, it could and should be both. But if just having to choose, its football, though, IMO. Basketball has had a ton of success, so I guess thats why ST1 named BB. 

Ill have to respectfully disagree...e.c. Hasn't been a real threat for the state football title, but people always wonder if we'll do it in basketball since we usually manage to beat Kountze at least once or twice a year.

Guest whoabroncos09

for dayton it is football for sure!!!!

our school pretty much bows down to the football players.

but we love it!

I can agree with most of those but add track to WOS and Jasper and pole-vaulting to OF.

I agree Tiger90, based on the past, OF is most known for pole vaulting because of the past success, although the coach who was behind all the success of pole vaulting program is no longer there.  And just until recently, OF made the playoffs in baseball almost every year, i think maybe every year in the 90's.  So i'd say also OF was known for baseball besides pole vaulting.  But present day i might go with basketball.  The boys basketball team has made the playoffs 2 times in the last 4 years and the girls basketball makes the playoffs every year.  With the little dribblers program being around a while now and more kids playing bball now and expectations are now high for the boys basketball team, i might be inclined to say present day and future could be basketball.  Do you agree with me Tiger90 (and anyone else)?

Here are some more:

Buna - baseball (basketball in 50's and 60's)

Kountze -  basketball

Anahuac-  football

Orangefield-  football

Big Sandy -  track

Burkeville  -  football

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder