18U TEAM LOOKING FOR A PITCHER

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest osue200

Let me make sure I understand.  (Dixon)Storm is looking for a pitcher.  Except Dixon doesn't coach anymore.  Henderson is now coaching Storm, but is using Dixon's name to recruit players to a team that has only one returning player.  Hmmmmm. 

I checked the Texas Storm Website.

They are now known as the Texas Storm (DeMarini)

According to the website all of the 2008 Storm Gold players have committed to DIV 1 colleges and they have put over 40 seniors in Div 1 programs over the years.

see for yourself    

This is the hidden content, please

This thread started with a post to try to get a couple of players for a extremely reputable organization playing in one of the top tournaments in the nation.   I just wanted to let the less informed readers know the magnitude of this opportunity.  Did not mean to get in a debate about numbers or coaches.  I will file this under the heading " no good deed goes unpunished". I will  continue on my way....doing what I know is best for my own daughter and realizing that some people will take advice and benefit from the experience of others,( who have had success ), and some with no real experience will continue to think they know it all.

Guest 11/13Dad

Wrong team Big Daddy.  That is the Old Storm (Durham) is now (DeMarini).  Larry Durham is still involved with that team.

Guest BreakerCoach

According to the website all of the 2008 Storm Gold players have committed to DIV 1 colleges and they have put over 40 seniors in Div 1 programs over the years.

see for yourself     http://www.texasstormsoftball.com/about/

This thread started with a post to try to get a couple of players for a extremely reputable organization playing in one of the top tournaments in the nation.   I just wanted to let the less informed readers know the magnitude of this opportunity.  Did not mean to get in a debate about numbers or coaches.  I will file this under the heading " no good deed goes unpunished". I will  continue on my way....doing what I know is best for my own daughter and realizing that some people will take advice and benefit from the experience of others,( who have had success ), and some with no real experience will continue to think they know it all.

Now Im totally confused ! Who is looking for a pitcher Storm (Dixon), Storm (Durham), Storm (DeMarini), or Storm (Henderson) ?

No doubt it is a good oppurtunity for a good organization for someone but the "magnitude" ! Who is coaching this team ? Its not that difficult of a question.

see for yourself    

REALLY?  Open mouth, insert foot!  :D :D :D

see for yourself    

The Storm team you talk about is not listed on this Storm site!

OK, I'll say it!!  July 4th!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you !  

How 'Bout them Tigers ?  I'm watching them play with the little white ball and they are on a mission.   They pulled it out in the top of the 9th last night and not are putting a Tiger woopin' on those anteaters tonight.

21 to 7 top of 9th.

Big Daddy, don't take this the wrong way. I still think if a kid does not have a team, or if there team is not playing anywhere this weekend, they would be crazy to pass up this opportunity to play at a tournament of that magnitude, and that is why they still play under the Dixon banner. Dixon has a spot in this tournament, and Henderson is taking it. Nothing wrong with that, and it has been done before, probably several times.

Big Daddy, don't take this the wrong way. I still think if a kid does not have a team, or if there team is not playing anywhere this weekend, they would be crazy to pass up this opportunity to play at a tournament of that magnitude, and that is why they still play under the Dixon banner. Dixon has a spot in this tournament, and Henderson is taking it. Nothing wrong with that, and it has been done before, probably several times.

That's all I was trying to say......Thanks for the Help JT.   I appreciate it !

Guest osue200

Just be honest with who your trying to pursue.  Don't mislead them with something your not.  Being able to play in this tournament is a great opportunity for anyone.

Guest osue200

see for yourself     http://www.texasstormsoftball.com/about/

LESS INFORMED  =  PRICELESS  Juicebox nominee right here.

And way to much experience on here to make that kinda of statement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin