18U TEAM LOOKING FOR A PITCHER

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 11/13Dad

No I didn't figure anything out.  Big Daddy said he thinks there were 180 teams in the Boulder Independence day tourney.  I said there were 80.  That's all I figured out and cannot understand why you are in the mix, my statement was for him. 

Shouldn't you be more worried about building "your friends" team?

Sure I want to help in that way too(building) Yes you may have been talking to Big Daddy and yes this is a public forum too. I was talking college schools recruiting at the Boulder tournament, more than 80 heck more than 180. Big Daddy,  JOhnny T, Rangerdad (coaches standing in line) are talking about recruiting about how many schools ETC..  Do you have a player looking for a team?

Guest 11/13Dad

I just want to jump in and stir this UP.  Having way to much fun watching 13 in action. 

Sounds like something BC would say lol

Maybe I can clear this up.  The Boulder Independance Day Tournament is played in three different locations.  80 teams play in Boulder Complex......32 teams play at the Louisville Complex....and 32 teams play at the Longmount Complex.  80+32+32 = 144  (2nd grade math).  I was just going from memory of the 2006 numbers when I said 180 teams. I was wrong, I checked the website for 2007 and I should have said 144 teams.  I was 36 teams off. Which only makes it better for the teams that get in.

180 or 144....the tournament is one of the toughest tournaments to get in to and it would be special for any team or player who is fortunate enough to be included.

I was just trying to give my 2 cents worth to anyone who wasn't familar with the clout this tournament carries. 

The 32 + 32 team tournaments are just for making extra money, With the promise of.. if a team drops out then YOU can play with us. P.S. The teams NEVER drop out!!!! LOL

The coaches will be at the 80 team tournament. That being said, if your athlete has been emailing coaches and/or sent profile they WILL come to see what they are all about.

I have been at the Fireworks the last few years and I have seen the same coaches on the list for the Independence at the Fireworks. The coaches go see the players that they have communicated with or have showed interest in their program.

great job by everyone. Several good points were made. Some solid fact were reintroduced. Math lesson learned. History lessons learned. Stirring the pot. Some in the mix that was not needed or kneaded set the oven at 180 or 144 whichever you prefer and see the results in the Independance Tournament.

The 32 + 32 team tournaments are just for making extra money, With the promise of.. if a team drops out then YOU can play with us. P.S. The teams NEVER drop out!!!! LOL

The coaches will be at the 80 team tournament. That being said, if your athlete has been emailing coaches and/or sent profile they WILL come to see what they are all about.

I have been at the Fireworks the last few years and I have seen the same coaches on the list for the Independence at the Fireworks. The coaches go see the players that they have communicated with or have showed interest in their program.

The "32" 16U teams at the Longmount Complex had just as many Coaches as the Boulder Complex.

I know I don't have to tell you RD that the 16U age group is becomming the "HOT Spot"  for College recruiters.

Good Luck to all .....See you there ! 

Guest BreakerCoach

I noticed this is Texas Storm (Dixon) They have had incredible success throughout the years and he has done well. But I thought he stopped coaching ? Did someone pick up the team or does he still coach the team ?

Guest BreakerCoach

Yes Ronn has retired (so he could follow Kiersten through College) and the only player returning from that team is Dani Barragan, I believe. Henderson(sorry don't know first name) took over the team, and I don't believe Ronn is involved at all.

Thanks JT, I thought he "retired" so this is a Texas Storm Team (Henderson ?)and not Texas Storm (Dixon).

Stick to baseball big daddy ,think you may have  a little more expertise  in that area  ;)

I might have learned just a little about recruiting when I went through it the first time.

I have also learned that in Softball they start looking a lot earlier than in Baseball.

I'm glad I found that out in time......for some it is too late.....that's sad!

Ability + Commitment + Exposure =  Softball Scholorship  ( Academics help a ton too )

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin