18U TEAM LOOKING FOR A PITCHER

A friend has asked me to post. He is looking for a 18u pitcher if interested give him a call 832-275-0697.

The team will be in all the right places to be seen. Playing Gold qualifiers, EXPOSURE in Stars Over Texas, Plano and one of only a few Texas teams to be asked to play in the highly sought after Independence Day Tournament in Boulder Colorado during the summer.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend has asked me to post. He is looking for a 18u pitcher if interested give him a call 832-275-0697.

The team will be in all the right places to be seen. Playing Gold qualifiers, EXPOSURE in Stars Over Texas, Plano and one of only a few Texas teams to be asked to play in the highly sought after Independence Day Tournament in Boulder Colorado during the summer.

any info on the team.  which team and where is it.  and who is the coach

Team is looking for a 2nd base now due to injury. Team will be in Alabama in June looking to fill this position ASAP.

Team wish list

1 =  pitcher

1 = 2nd base

Texas Storm plays Gold and exposure tournaments if interested just call 832-275-0697

no, she is playing for a team out of Dallas or somewhere in that area.

Thanks

Daughter played for Ronn last year, and I believe there were 4 younger players returning to the team and just was wondering where they were playing this year.

Barragan

Maples

Luska

Kapler

I think....................

Still looking for a pitcher and 2nd basemen. Great group, solid hitters, good catching crew. Come out and take a look for yourself.

The Independance Day Tournament is probably the second most attended, ( by college recruiters), tournament in the nation.  (ASA Gold being #1)  It is extremely hard to get into, ( almost impossible ).  If you are able to play with this Storm Team and are interested in being recruited.... you would be a fool to turn down the opportunity.

I think there were 180 teams there last year.

Between the Big 3 going on in the greater Denver area, there is probably close to 180 teams, and talking to coaches last year, they did bounce back in forth on all three. Probably as big of a gathering of big time schools as Gold Nationals. These tournaments are the first time coaches can talk to these kids off campus this year. It was a really neat scene watching the coaches wait there turn to talk to the players.

During the 2007 tournament, 342 coaches representing 217 colleges signed-in at our college coach registration table.  Listed below are the colleges and universities represented.  Most are NCAA Division I schools, but Div II, Div III, NAIA, and JC were also in attendance. 

These are the facts. Big Daddy is correct they do not let any one in this tournament. Every 18u coach that knows softball wishes he was in THIS tournament. With recruiting changes you can easily expect even more coaches there this year.

look at it this way also.

Sparkler ..... nice to look at , low entertainment short lived, too much movement by teams! anyone can get in!

Fireworks..... bigger in entertainment, limited number of teams, coaches do attend, but they are fireworks, they do pop and the show is over.

Independence......2 fields ONLY, invitation only (exception of 4) , only competitive teams allowed, their discretion! Most sought after by knowledgable 18u coaches. INDEPENDANCE , not a single pop(sparkler), not just a few pops with occasional ooohs and aaaaahs(fireworks) all day everyday, Independance Day.

Check your facts here, take the 1 off of your 180

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks for the Link....I did check my facts !   In fact I was at the tournament last year.

144 teams  342 College Coaches Registered ( Most Veterans can tell you alot of Coaches don't Register)

30 to 40 recruiters at most Games. Like I said..." You would be a fool to pass up this opportunity".

(edit)  Plus Texas Storm Gold and (Dixon) are a class act! 

I wish my kid was old enough.....I would jump all over this chance.

Guest 11/13Dad

The tournament that this Texas Storm team is going to in Boulder is 80 teams.  This will be my third year going so no history lesson is needed. 

Your comment was that 180 teams you thought were there last year.  The website says different.  Who gives a rat's ass about Aurora, Broomfield, BFE or how many teams in the greater Denver area. Your comment which I agree with is that this Texas Storm team is in the best of the best in the Boulder Indy tournament.

One other statement one of you made which I agree with, it's a lot easier to be removed from the tournament than to be included in the tournament.

13 -    Not sure of the angle or question you might have? I posted the quote from the website how many college teams Dan mentions(words) not teams listed.

It is easier to be removed than to get in. Coaches want the best and to see the best! Storm (Dixon) as a reminder has been there since inception and that carries clout. Some neigh sayers who have left and have begged to take them back.

Guest 11/13Dad

No angle or question, just a statement of facts that the number of teams in the Boulder Independence Day tournament is 80.  I showed a link to check facts of a statement. Make the readers of this post a little more knowledgeable

Next time I can pm if overly sensitive.

Nope not sensitive here. Clearly more than 80 teams!!! At times you could count as many as 30 - 40 different schools at one field. Dan did not list each school. listed ,yes, around 80.

Not to give you a history lesson, thisquote is just above the listed teams

" During the 2007 tournament, 342 coaches representing 217 colleges signed-in at our college coach registration table.  Listed below are the colleges and universities represented.  Most are NCAA Division I schools, but Div II, Div III, NAIA, and JC were also in attendance". 

Guest 11/13Dad

This is getting stale.  From the website also

In 2008, there will be 3 separate tournaments: Independence Day 18's - Boulder (80 teams), Independence Day 18's - Louisville (32 teams), and Independence Day 16's - Longmont (32 teams).

Guest 11/13Dad

My statement was to BigDaddy and you thought I was talking about college.  There are no college teams there, college coaches yes.  BigDaddy was talking about teams, so was I

(reply #11 on this thread)

Between the Big 3 going on in the greater Denver area, there is probably close to 180 teams, and talking to coaches last year, they did bounce back in forth on all three. Probably as big of a gathering of big time schools as Gold Nationals. These tournaments are the first time coaches can talk to these kids off campus this year. It was a really neat scene watching the coaches wait there turn to talk to the players.

Still looking for a pitcher and 2nd basemen. Great group, solid hitters, good catching crew. Come out and take a look for yourself.

The Independance Day Tournament is probably the second most attended, ( by college recruiters), tournament in the nation.  (ASA Gold being #1)  It is extremely hard to get into, ( almost impossible ).  If you are able to play with this Storm Team and are interested in being recruited.... you would be a fool to turn down the opportunity.

Maybe I should have sent YOU a PM!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    timebe
    Newest Member
    timebe

• I ve seen this done in several other countries.  And in those countries it happens very lil because of the severity of the consequences.   I saw a video of other world leaders ask “why does America allow such destructiveness” when all the civil unrest was happening because a criminal/criminals were killed  by not following commands.     we have a great system in place but it’s been compromised and we could still learn from other countries.
    • I am out of VOTES, but I will give a BIG AMEN!!!!
    • You start opening fire and drop about 10 or 12 of these protesting morons it will break up pretty quick.    This ties in with killing the chicken killing dog.
    • This is an easy one. We have let grifter unqualified coaches infiltrate our children and convince them that they will be D1 athletes if they only focus on a single sport. We've got kids, with single digit ages, playing their sport year-round to "maximize exposure" despite the fact that most college coaches on the recruiting trail will value a multisport athlete. This translates to the school year and ends up with kids being football, basketball, baseball only kids. Track is pretty much the only one left that keeps kids playing other sports and that's primarily because football coaches demand their football kids be track athletes. I literally talked to a man last night, who just moved to Texas from Oklahoma who was telling me his kid played on two different football teams during the season last year. One for his school, one for his select league. During the week the kid was a RB for his school, and on the weekends, he was a QB for his select team. This would equal 7 days a week of full contact football for a 6th grader......6th grader. Once that ends, rolls straight into 7 on 7 for the spring and back to football in the summer. All this for a kid, who seems to be a good athlete, but probably has a ceiling of D2 at best, if he doesn't burn out before that. Parents are silly and think they can develop their kids into being the next Quinn Ewers, but they completely miss the biggest factor in creating that type of athlete.....genetics. Genetics are undefeated. Always have been, always will be. Play sports because you love to compete then compete in everything you do. Quit giving bullsheet rings to "state champions" every single weekend all over the US and get back to valuing team championships won at the community level to build the continuity when they are young. This is the only way to reestablish the pride once felt by every kid in every town across Texas when they got to put on a uniform with their school colors. Otherwise, we can kiss the magic of high school sports goodbye. 
    • We are proud for sure! It was a great game!
  • Topics