Distrist 24 2A

hornet06

Watched Anahuac a couple of times now.  With basketball over they should be able to make a run at a playoff spot.  In my opinion their outfield has to be one of the best in the area.  They are fast and can make plays.  If they get their pitching in order their gonna be tough.  Hitting has some ways to go.

Not sure what to expect out of Warren this year.On the plus side they have a coach this year that really knows the game.They have three kids back this year that didn't play last year that will really help.Ryan Heiselbetz,who was one of the better players in the area going in to high school before being shot in a terrible accident.This young man is a very good pitcher and can hit for power.I'll be yelling for him to make a big comeback.Mike Hooks who can also help on the mound,hits the ball well and can fly on the bases.Brandon Young,can play just about any defensive position and is another kid who is as fast as anyone around on the bases.On the down side it doesn't look like Caleb Swinney(a very good pitcher and in my opinion there best player last year) is going to play nor is Scott Carnley,a very good defensive second baseman and one of the best base hitters in the district.Ther success will depend on how Ryan and Colt Kelly hold up on the mound.They will hit the ball pretty well I believe.

Guest larry mcgee

i was at the buna/orangefield scrimage(Buna 6 Orangefield 5) and from what they showed today nobody in this district can beat them. I think a kid named Clark threw the first three and was amazing. He threw hard and had some good off-speed. Then Hillin pitched and struggled a little bit. The rest of the pitchers threw good as well. This team hits the ball very well and has way too much depth for anybody in the district. Its a toss up for second and third

Not sure what to expect out of Warren this year.On the plus side they have a coach this year that really knows the game.They have three kids back this year that didn't play last year that will really help.Ryan Heiselbetz,who was one of the better players in the area going in to high school before being shot in a terrible accident.This young man is a very good pitcher and can hit for power.I'll be yelling for him to make a big comeback.Mike Hooks who can also help on the mound,hits the ball well and can fly on the bases.Brandon Young,can play just about any defensive position and is another kid who is as fast as anyone around on the bases.On the down side it doesn't look like Caleb Swinney(a very good pitcher and in my opinion there best player last year) is going to play nor is Scott Carnley,a very good defensive second baseman and one of the best base hitters in the district.Ther success will depend on how Ryan and Colt Kelly hold up on the mound.They will hit the ball pretty well I believe.

I heard Scott Carnley is having a kid and that is why he is not playing is this true???

Guest larry mcgee

Kountze will be successful in this district. But to say they will own is a stretch. Buna defeated Silsbee but cant beat Kountze??? Not happening. Kountze will do good but will not be able to beat the Cougars.

Guest THE FAN

Buna just defeated the 15th ranked 3A team in the state of Texas. as long as they play like they can, nobody in district can knock them off.

[move]The Fan[/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder