Will Tramain Thomas be able to walk on his college basketball team?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

I have not watched him at all this year, but I saw him a couple of times as a sophomore and a junior...He CAN play, but football is his thing for the next level.

Like I said, I agree that football is his ticket.  But as someone that has watched Tramain his entire career, I can tell you that he is more than qualified to play in a conference like the Big 12 at a schools like Tech, Baylor, etc.  His AAU career speaks for itself.  He played, competed, and excelled with the best over his career on the national circuit. 

But like someone said earlier, its a dead issue because he is playing football.  And thats, that!!!

Guest tigersvoice

I have not watched him at all this year, but I saw him a couple of times as a sophomore and a junior...He CAN play, but football is his thing for the next level.

How can you so accurately measure a man's heart and desire from that distance, DickyV?

Guest DickVitale

How can you so accurately measure a man's heart and desire from that distance, DickyV?

I am not measuring his heart, just evaluating his basketball upside..He CAN PLAY..I have NEVER denied that, but at his size, playing his position at a high D-1 level is NOT LIKELY.  At EC in 2A basketball, he is a for sure stud, no question, but things change once you go to the next level.  It is a mute point, but it is good to speculate these things!! ;)

Guest tigersvoice

I am not measuring his heart, just evaluating his basketball upside..He CAN PLAY..I have NEVER denied that, but at his size, playing his position at a high D-1 level is NOT LIKELY.  At EC in 2A basketball, he is a for sure stud, no question, but things change once you go to the next level.  It is a mute point, but it is good to speculate these things!! ;)

Well, when you are recruiting for me, you better know the kid's make up as well as your opinion of his "Basketball Upside."  You know there are players throughout the system that have no business playing where they are playing - but they do it anyway - the ol' intangibles!  We'll never know because TT has chosen football.  On another thread the theme is that a player finds it too demanding on them physically to try to play both

college football and college basketball.  And demanding it is, but it doesn't even address how hard it is ACADEMICALLY to carry out that feat!  Your IQ better be near genius to carry THAT LOAD.

Guest DickVitale

AAU is not NCAA division 1 basketball...Lets not get beside ourselves here..For the last time...as good as he is at little East Chambers, he CANNOT play high major D-1 BASKETBALL...UNC, Duke, UCLA, Texas, Georgia Tech....NONE of those...Maybe Lamar, McNeese, SHSU, SFA...Listen, I know you may really want this kid to be THAT good in basketball, but the reality is that HE IS A DARN GOOD FOOTBALL PROSPECT...and that's that...

Guest tigersvoice

AAU is not NCAA division 1 basketball...Lets not get beside ourselves here..For the last time...as good as he is at little East Chambers, he CANNOT play high major D-1 BASKETBALL...UNC, Duke, UCLA, Texas, Georgia Tech....NONE of those...Maybe Lamar, McNeese, SHSU, SFA...Listen, I know you may really want this kid to be THAT good in basketball, but the reality is that HE IS A DARN GOOD FOOTBALL PROSPECT...and that's that...

Let it be written.  Let it be done.  DickyV, in his emmense knowledge and expertise, not to mention his ego, that he had supersized, has put his "That's that" on the subject.  Geeze - I don't know how he handles being the final authorithy on everything as well as he does.  Do me a favor DickyV, PM me your coaching record.

Dick V, how do you know this if you've only seen him play 1 or 2 times his Soph year?  Don't just make comments and assessments on someone you have no knowledge about.  That would be like me handicapping DeCarlos Frank's game after only watching him at the State Tourney last year as a Soph.  It makes no sense.  And believe me, Im not trying to take up for Tramain, nor do I want him to be that GOOD in B-ball, its just you talk before you think.  Its amazing how much you post without knowing what your talking about.   

ONCE AGAIN READ, REREAD, REREAD AGAIN, BEFORE YOU PRESS SEND!!!!!!!!

Tremain is a good basketball player.  he could probably walk on at arkansas, but i don't know how much of the court he would see.  what would be the point of jeaopardizing his football career in order to play 10 minutes (or less) for the basketball team.  if he concentrated only on basketball, he might could compete for some playing time eventually, but i don't know that it would come easy, and i don't know that it would be worth it.

Guest DickVitale

Tell you what...Lets just call my guy Danny Ainge up in Boston and tell them that we have a guy that is ready to jump to the NBA...Heck, Perk did it, why not Tremain, right? I'll have his people call your people so you can make the announcement that he will NOT play football, and go to the NBA...Yeah lets just do that!! ::) ::)..You people on here KILL ME...Some of you, that is...KILL ME...Are you guys THAT blind?? really? That kid is a 6'1 (maybe) football player, that is tearing a 2A district to pieces, and you guys (some of you) want to send him to Duke!!..Get real, folks, please!!!

Try This.....I would take DeCarlos 10 times over TODAY as a SOPHOMORE before Tremain in basketball, and that is no knock on Tremain...DeCarlos is a BASKETBALL player with MUCH MORE BASKETBALL UPSIDE....TODAY...How about that? and yeah tigersvoice, THAT'S THAT!!

You are a TOTAL IDIOT!!!!!!!  Who said anything about NBA????  Who said anything about Duke?  I said Baylor, Tech, etc. 

And I guess the Baylor coaches are total idiots when they offered him a full ride for either Basketball or Football. 

I totally see why people say the things they say about you, because you are a work of art.

And I just figured it out!!!!!!  I know what I'm giving up for Lent-  (DrumRoll, please) IM GIVING UP ARGUING WITH IDIOTS (IN PARTICULAR, DICKY V) ON MESSAGE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Guest DickVitale

As I have said many times before...The dumb people on here will show themselves, I don't have to call names...Just read how ignorant your post sounds..We were having a very simple discussion and you turn it into a rant...sad..I am done...Have a good evening.

Guest DickVitale

You don't know whoever "they" his doesn't either...Like I said this is pointless and unnecessary. You are another internet thug, because if you saw me in person you would be friendly and shaking hands and such...all of this anger would not show...guarantee that...So if you wanna be an internet tough guy, be my guest.

Guest tigersvoice

You don't know whoever "they" his doesn't either...Like I said this is pointless and unnecessary. You are another internet thug, because if you saw me in person you would be friendly and shaking hands and such...all of this anger would not show...guarantee that...So if you wanna be an internet tough guy, be my guest.

Man, I would like to respond but 1) I don't know what your are saying and 2) I don't know if it is directed at me.  Can you translate this?