Vidor upsetting Ozen?

dash111

That Vidor Team was lights out from 3 point land.  They were very well coached.  English knows his x's and o's.  The reason Vidor didn't win district is because they lost a game to one of the cellar dwellars and lost a game to my Jags.  Ozen lost to vidor twice in district but whipped everybody else.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

They lost to Dayton, Central and LCM that year...That was the first year of the "post-Perkins" era, and the team was very young that year...27-7, 12-2 in district still isn't half bad for a "DOWN" year, huh?? ;D

Guest DickVitale

dickie u are way off. Dayton was not even in the district. And vidor did not lose to lcm that year. The district that year was wos sislbee png ned central ozen vidor lumberton lcm

You are right, my bad...They lost to Central, Silsbee, and WOS...You are correct...Charge it to my old age!! 33!! ;D

Guest DickVitale

I could have sworn..but OK....THEY LOST THREE DISTRICT GAMES...right...OK...They came in 2nd place BEHIND Ozen right?? OK..That I DO know FOR SURE  ;).... Are you sure that they did not lose at Silsbee that year?? Who was the third loss too then, because it slips me...

Guest DickVitale

Well they definitely were not OUTCOACHED!! ::)..I mean, the other 637 times that Boutte beat English it was due to better talent, right? Coaching had NOTHING to do with it when Boutte wins, right? He was outcoached 3 times in 3 losses to Vidor, right? Sounds crazy, right? Thats exactly what I thought... ;)

Guest DickVitale

It WAS PNG!! PNG, Central, and WOS beat Vidor that year!...Thanks, Soulja...I hate it when I get a brain freeze like that!! Basketball GURU's mess up sometimes, too!! :D

Well they definitely were not OUTCOACHED!! ::)..I mean, the other 637 times that Boutte beat English it was due to better talent, right? Coaching had NOTHING to do with it when Boutte wins, right? He was outcoached 3 times in 3 losses to Vidor, right? Sounds crazy, right? Thats exactly what I thought... ;)

I never said coaching has nothing to due with it when Boutte wins. I have said this before and will say it again. Boutte does a great job. The job he did last year, to make the finals was great coaching.

Guest DickVitale

Maybe that was another guy named "team first" that said on page 2 of this thread that Boutte was "outcoached 3 times that year versus Vidor"...My mistake, it could not have been you.. ::)....right?

is this even a serious post whoever play ozen in the near future better be on the look out for a young man by the name of decarlos frank he has been on fire in the last few games he had 33 last game and as for central lets just say i feel sorry for gulley and the rest................. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

::) ::) ::) ::)  Get real.  I hope Coach unleashes Gulley.  Let's keep it real.  Who does Ozen have that can handle this beast?!!  I just hope the rest of the team can start playing on a high level.  We're going to need this from here on out to the playoffs.

IMO......gulley is no beast if noone on OZEN's team cant control him then he would of been able to take over at the end of the game and failed to do so.........but if im not mistaking decarlos did just that and got his team the victory now we all know who the true beast is

Guest DickVitale

And I say that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...So the score is 637 to 3, Boutte over English, and you tell me that 3 times in a row he got outcoached by him....That is really crazy...I may have forgotten who Vidor lost to initially, and that is OK, BUT what you are saying is really dumb...Vidor matched up really well with Ozen that year...Would they have beaten them in the playoffs...I would bet not..They were not blowouts, as a matter of fact, 2 were OT games..They were all very close, but a turnover here, a blown assignment defensively there, a missed FT, etc, etc...THOSE were the reasons...BOTH coaches had solid game plans going in, Vidor's kids were OLDER and executed just a bit better down the stretch...It happens...OZEN STILL WON THE DISTRICT THOUGH...How about that?  ::)

u are wrong again. There where no ot games. Now this is the dumb statment. that Boutte is up on Englosh 637-3.  That is just plan dumb. Boutte gets all his wins and English just gets 3.  I also like this one. Vidor kids where older, Well Ozens kids where taller. Wow

Once again Boutte does a great job

Once again Eglish out coached him that year.

Guest DickVitale

I was being sarcastic but, the point was that those three wins were the only times that he had EVER beaten him, still to THIS date...3 times in about 25 -30 tries, realistically.  English is REALLY getting it done against Boutte coached teams, with all 3 wins in about 30 atempts!! ::)..And YOU are wrong because I know that the game in Nederland was OT, which was the first meeting, and I THINK the game went OT in Vidor....The part about Boutte getting outcoached is just PLAIN DUMB...But it is YOUR opinion, so I will leave it at that..No matter how DUMB it sounds, its YOUR opinion, and I will respect that.. ::)

Guest DickVitale

I am not 100% sure because THAT year I had taken a head coaching job in Houston.  I am certain that the game was OT at the Nederland tourney, though..But my point still stands, though...The score is like 799-3, Boutte, and guys on here will still say that on those 3 occasions he was outcoached, and that is crazy...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder