*Vidor vs. Central/56-51 CENTRAL WINS/COMMENTS*

Guest Williamson13

wow we let this one get away...Despite the horrible officiating..Vidor still should have won. and i hate to be the ridiculous fan that blames the officials but wow they really cost vidor the last minutes of the game. But you cant blame the officials for Vidor passing the ball straight to defensive players. Great performance by Scotty Howard  7 for 7 from long range...He really had the fans going.

This game was the most interesting game I have seen in a long time.  Vidor was LIGHTS OUT from 3 point land.  The was looking like that Pirate team that beat Ozen 3 times on one year.  For some strange reason, we didnt' start Charlston (our 6'7" big) or our 6'8" freshman.  Vidor was going on the inside early and exploiting our little guys.  Phillip Jefferson was a man early and was hitting threes.  When we brought out our bigs, that's when the onslaught began.  They was eating our lunch from 3 point land, it wasnt' even funny.  One guy penetrates and one of our guys get out of position in the 3 -2 zone, and that one open guy was knocking them down.  The Vidor fans were going crazy for 3 periods .  Gulley wasn't much of a factor in this game.  4th period came we were actually up.  Vidor came storming back and took an 8 point lead with a few mins remaining.  The difference maker in this crutial period was that Vidor was actually starting to miss these 3 pointers finally.  Got a couple of layups from our bigs.  In the last minute/minute and a half, we got key steals with layups.  We had guys hit clutch free throws(Gulley hit one and Charlston).  Even though Pirate fans were fired up with the face and body paint and all, they started leaving when we hit our clutch free throws.  Jag fans started singing the hey, hey, hey, goodby song.  The look on the Pirate fans' face....Priceless! 

Game ball goes to Charlston and Jefferson.  Co MVP's.

Jefferson for keeping the pressure on early with his hot shooting, and Charlston for all his clutch free throws.

wow we let this one get away...Despite the horrible officiating..Vidor still should have won. and i hate to be the ridiculous fan that blames the officials but wow they really cost vidor the last minutes of the game. But you cant blame the officials for Vidor passing the ball straight to defensive players. Great performance by Scotty Howard  7 for 7 from long range...He really had the fans going.

Your not lying.  This was a poorly officiated game.  Calling a jump ball on a blocked shot.  Players steping on the baseline and no out of bounds.  What about those horrible offensive fouls called on Gulley and Charlston while makeing a post move?  There were many bad calls for Vidor too.  Both ways!

As bad as the officials were (and they were pretty bad), it was not their fault Vidor lost.  When you have the lead and the ball with 1:00 on the clock and don't get it done, then it's pretty much on Vidor.  The Pirates should have closed them out, but didn't.  But it was a great game, with a good crowd.  Very entertaining. I hope Vidor continues to play with that kind of passion, because the playoffs will be in their future if they do. 

As bad as the officials were (and they were pretty bad), it was not their fault Vidor lost.  When you have the lead and the ball with 1:00 on the clock and don't get it done, then it's pretty much on Vidor.  The Pirates should have closed them out, but didn't.  But it was a great game, with a good crowd.  Very entertaining. I hope Vidor continues to play with that kind of passion, because the playoffs will be in their future if they do. 

I agree Aces. The third spot seems to be between us and Nederland. This game would have really helped our cause, but it just was not meant to be.

Guest Williamson13

Your absolutely right...Vidor did blow it and i'll never let Jared forget about that not very smart drive he made to the goal with fifty three seconds to go....We made way too many mistakes this game..did not play as well as we have been playing. Coach Rice also made some great adjustments on the defensive end the second half

Come on people why blame the officials it was not their fault Vidor lost... up with a minute left and you blow it come on.. What I don't understand is why on earth didn't the coach from Vidor call a time out when Central went a head because from what I saw Vidor could not handle the full court pressure all night surly he new this was going to happen and it did and besides calling a timeout to regroup he instead let them play on and we all no what happen next.... so why blame the officials maybe its the easy way out instead of blaming your own coach....great game by both teams..

Vidor's coach called a brilliant game against us.  He didnt' call a time out because hopefully, he would have caught us scrambleing, which we were doing 95% of the night.  There was a Vidor player that threw the ball directly to a Central defender in the last seconds, though.  This game was lost because of Jag players making plays and Vidor players messing up in the last seconds.  They were very sharp the whole night though, but like I said in a previous post, you have to play all 32 mins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin