Lumberton Girls Basketball

ukfan27

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach 27 it is clear 8 years isn't enough. I've got 14 years and some of those years was agaist chelsey and wilson and if its plain dumb to keep your best players on the floor your in the minority.If you watch the best players in the area they do not come off the floor until the end  period. You must consider yourself a better coach than the ones at Lumberton, HJ, HF, Orangefeild and all other top programs. Lumberton didn't lose a game because the bench didn't play any more minutes. They lost because their best girls got into foul trouble. You win tough games with your best. Your probably one of those coachs that thinks everyone deserves the same minutes. It dosn't matter if you win. Your screen name does't fit your coments.

Coach 27 it is clear 8 years isn't enough. I've got 14 years and some of those years was agaist chelsey and wilson and if its plain dumb to keep your best players on the floor your in the minority.If you watch the best players in the area they do not come off the floor until the end  period. You must consider yourself a better coach than the ones at Lumberton, HJ, HF, Orangefeild and all other top programs. Lumberton didn't lose a game because the bench didn't play any more minutes. They lost because their best girls got into foul trouble. You win tough games with your best. Your probably one of those coachs that thinks everyone deserves the same minutes. It dosn't matter if you win. Your screen name does't fit your coments.

Actually..............I coached for Lumberton and for Orangefield for several years so I did my part in helping those programs. YOU dint keep them on the floor with two minutes left when up by over 30 points. A smart coach doesn't risk the chance of injury. Plain and simple.

Guest bleed orange

Lets look at it a different way. If the coach did not play his starters when they got up by 30, they would not be able to play half of the games in 22 4A. If you don't play half the games you lose your focus. Maybe he was trying to keep their focus. The last 4 years Lumberton has dominated 22 4A. No real competition. Except for Central and they were not until last year and this year. That makes a difference in the scale of things. You maybe right about what is going on at Lumberton this year. I don't know and don't care. All I know is players decide the outcome of games not the coaches or the officials. Kids need to quit whining and just play ball and the parents need to stay out of it.

This is my first post on here, but i have been quietly following posts about Lumberton for about 3 years. Now seems like the right time to speak up. I couldn't agree more with coach27's suspicion about activity behind closed doors. I won't say my relation to the team, but I know for a fact that the girls are more dissapointed than anyone about this season. Yes, they are lacking a true leader on the court. More importantly though, they are lacking the kind of coach needed for this rebuilding year. The past two years courtney and chelsea made coach wilson look good, and this year, when his coaching skills were genuinely needed, he's come up short. He's failed to make needed adjustments in the crunch time of several games, and hasn't used the teams talent to its full potential.

It's no suprise that that this year was going to be harder (but not impossible) than years past, but that was obvious going into the season. Basically, the girls feel coach wilson gave up a long time ago, and are having a hard time giving their all for someone that doesn't believe in them or would rather be elsewhere. This has been a long and frustrating season for them.

It's crucial for the girls to decide to do this for themselves and stick together if they want success. They're definitely talented enough to pull out a rewarding season.   

Here is my "thread" Bobcat05!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH LRFan!!! Your words are so true and you have made me smile! ;D ;D ;D ;D And to think, I was beginning to wonder if anyone knew the stuff I knew???? See, these are the things we need to be talking about, not the players of the past. Anybody else who REALLY knows Lumberton info wanna comment???

everyone knows that is the reason for lumberton's down season. but no one wanted to openly bash a coach. including me.

Ok, I am so confused why this thread was even started.  I have read like three people say its the coach and the person who started it agreed.  So the point in this thread was for you to hear what other people said bad about the coach.  In that case you should have started the thread "Lumbertons Coach Sucks" so you wouldn't have to defend your reasoning for EVERYONE who has said its a rebuliding year. 

Guest bleed orange

We are going through the same things. " The teams of the past". That is exactly what it means "the past". This Orangefield team is making a name for itself. The past is behind them. That's all I have heard all year long about the teams of the past. You know what, this group of girls don't care, they are the present and they are doing well. Lumberton can do the same. They have to come together as a team. I think they will.

Ok, I am so confused why this thread was even started.  I have read like three people say its the coach and the person who started it agreed.  So the point in this thread was for you to hear what other people said bad about the coach.  In that case you should have started the thread "Lumbertons Coach Sucks" so you wouldn't have to defend your reasoning for EVERYONE who has said its a rebuliding year. 

I don't care who you are THAT'S FUNNY!  Sad and true...but funny.

Accurate post Bobcat05!

Well when you are real coach in the area, (sorry, little dribblers doesnt classify you as a coach Bobcat05 even if you do win one of the ten thousand "nationals titles" LOL), you hold your tongue or in this case your fingers. The only defense was to the constant talk of the the two allstaters that left. The issue is this year's team only.

Reguardless of my coaching history, by the way I'm still in  college to become a "real" coach.  I'd would say instead of your girls crying because they aren't winning, why don't they play or practice harder.  By the way there is only one National Tournament.

[

Reguardless of my coaching history, by the way I'm still in  college to become a "real" coach.  I'd would say instead of your girls crying because they aren't winning, why don't they play or practice harder.  By the way there is only one National Tournament.

Bobcat05,

You "non-real coach"!!  ;)

I don't know who you are, but you've made more sense than most on this thread.  Good luck in your studies and pursuit of becoming a "real" coach.  Who know's...maybe you'll get the Lumberton job!!!!  ;D ;D ;) ::)  That is, if you graduate before the sky finishes falling.

Well when you are real coach in the area, (sorry, little dribblers doesnt classify you as a coach Bobcat05 even if you do win one of the ten thousand "nationals titles" LOL), you hold your tongue or in this case your fingers. The only defense was to the constant talk of the the two allstaters that left. The issue is this year's team only.

Ok, then here is your answer. They just aren't good enough to beat Central or Ozen or Orangefield or any other team they lost to. If they had the 2 All Staters then they probably would have beat some of those teams, they are lacking talent and you can't coach talent, so maybe he isn't the one to blame.  Didn't both those girls play AAU year round? Humm dedication could be another thing lacking.

Slam thank you, I have 2 and a half years left, hopefully you'll be reading about how bad whatever team I get beats Lumberton because it will be the coaches fault then too I'm sure.  ;D

If your still checking this thread Bobcat05 let me say thanks for getting your degree so you can coach high school girls basketball. Other than refs what is desperatly needed is Girls Coachs who love the game and have a heart to teach. To many teams have coachs that don't have the love of the game.

Its either to get a bigger check or no one else would do it. Coming from Orangefeild I know you will teach fundamentals and playing the game corrrectly. Also you must realize there will always be people like coach27 out there so just do the best you can and enjoy the game. Just a side note I know several little dribblers coachs who would make better coachs than some high schools have. Mainly for their love of the game and heart for the girls.

Guest bleed orange

If your still checking this thread Bobcat05 let me say thanks for getting your degree so you can coach high school girls basketball. Other than refs what is desperatly needed is Girls Coachs who love the game and have a heart to teach. To many teams have coachs that don't have the love of the game.

Its either to get a bigger check or no one else would do it. Coming from Orangefeild I know you will teach fundamentals and playing the game corrrectly. Also you must realize there will always be people like coach27 out there so just do the best you can and enjoy the game. Just a side note I know several little dribblers coachs who would make better coachs than some high schools have. Mainly for their love of the game and heart for the girls.

Another good post Jdad. I also know a lot of good little dribblers coaches. A degree does not make you a coach. It's the passion and love for the game. Some coaches have lost sight of that. Not all of them but some.

Coach 27 just hush you sound pretty dumb. The lumberton program is ok nothing wrong with it. Lumberton lost 4 starters last year, wilson, pickering, furlow, and Bo of course the team is going to struggle when you lose your whole starting lineup, use your brain a little bit and put two and two together. There putting up a fight in the district for 3rd and thats very good when you lose two div 1 players and two more starters. So if you knew any basketball what so ever then you should know  why there struggling and you know what why not leave the starters in the whole game thats what you do you don't see boutte are all the other good teams around the area taking there starters out. I am not saying wilson is the greatest coach but he's pretty good and please don't say the reason they went to state was because of pickering and wilson becasue it was a team effort and good coaching.

Ok, ........ 

Well when .......

Ok, then here is your answer. They just aren't good enough to beat Central or Ozen or Orangefield or any other team they lost to. If they had the 2 All Staters then they probably would have beat some of those teams, they are lacking talent and you can't coach talent, so maybe he isn't the one to blame.  Didn't both those girls play AAU year round? Humm dedication could be another thing lacking.

.  ;D

Bobcat,

why on earth would you say something like the above? Lacking dedication?  Yes, most of this years girls did in fact play AAU in the Prime Time circuit. And they actually played pretty well.

Just not "good enough" to beat Ozen or Central or Orangefield? I agree that the team has no where near the "talent" as the two Beaumont schools. But as far as the OF game went, were you there? Did you see the same game as me? If ever a game was blown by the coach, that was a prime example. Lumberton only brought 6 healthy players to the game, and one injured. Despite this, the Lady Raiders led at the half 27-10. In the 3rd quarter, starting post Hayley Miller went down with a dislocated kneecap, and one player got in foul trouble, causing the injured player to play.(bad ankle) Yet the coach made the decision to remain in a man to man instead of going to a zone with a 17 point lead, and tired players. The OF coach was subbing 5 at a time the whole game, and those Lady Bobcats always do a great job of running the heck out of the flex. Lumberton ended up losing the game by 20. Almost every point was a lay up off the flex. Never did OF show that they could bust a zone by hitting anything outside. Now you tell me. Is that type of coaching move the players fault?

The point some here are making is that there have been games lost, that should have been won. The people that are watching the games,(not just parents) are shaking our heads and wondering what the heck is going on? This is a team that has good, but not great outside shooting. But seldom does their game plan involve getting the ball to the posts. Also, His players think that their coach gave up on them before the season started.

Coach Wilson has been a very good coach, winning coach of the year twice in 22-4A. He is our guy and we love him. But he has not done the best job this year. He has his job cut out for him to win back the trust and confidence of his players.

Someone above stated that the players need to stop whinning, and the parents need to stay out of it. I would say that this forum is the correct place to discuss this sort of thing!  Coach Wilson is a big boy, and I believe he can take the heat.

And finally, Bobcat, you owe the Lumberton players an apology for your remarks. 

Ok, ........ 

Well when .......

.  ;D

Bobcat,

why on earth would you say something like the above? Lacking dedication?  Yes, most of this years girls did in fact play AAU in the Prime Time circuit. And they actually played pretty well.

Just not "good enough" to beat Ozen or Central or Orangefield? I agree that the team has no where near the "talent" as the two Beaumont schools. But as far as the OF game went, were you there? Did you see the same game as me? If ever a game was blown by the coach, that was a prime example. Lumberton only brought 6 healthy players to the game, and one injured. Despite this, the Lady Raiders led at the half 27-10. In the 3rd quarter, starting post Hayley Miller went down with a dislocated kneecap, and one player got in foul trouble, causing the injured player to play.(bad ankle) Yet the coach made the decision to remain in a man to man instead of going to a zone with a 17 point lead, and tired players. The OF coach was subbing 5 at a time the whole game, and those Lady Bobcats always do a great job of running the heck out of the flex. Lumberton ended up losing the game by 20. Almost every point was a lay up off the flex. Never did OF show that they could bust a zone by hitting anything outside. Now you tell me. Is that type of coaching move the players fault?

The point some here are making is that there have been games lost, that should have been won. The people that are watching the games,(not just parents) are shaking our heads and wondering what the heck is going on? This is a team that has good, but not great outside shooting. But seldom does their game plan involve getting the ball to the posts. Also, His players think that their coach gave up on them before the season started.

Coach Wilson has been a very good coach, winning coach of the year twice in 22-4A. He is our guy and we love him. But he has not done the best job this year. He has his job cut out for him to win back the trust and confidence of his players.

Someone above stated that the players need to stop whinning, and the parents need to stay out of it. I would say that this forum is the correct place to discuss this sort of thing!  Coach Wilson is a big boy, and I believe he can take the heat.

And finally, Bobcat, you owe the Lumberton players an apology for your remarks. 

When I read the post I took it as sarcasm and poking fun at this whole thread...there was no malicious intent in the statement. Lighten up a little.

Every program has some of the worries and problems that have been talked about by the Lumberton faithful throughout this thread.  When you win, they don't seem like such a big deal, but when you start to rack up some loses they loom larger.  Somebody on this board used to have a great signature line; it read..."How you win reveals some of your character...how you act in defeat reveals it all."  (at least it was close to that) 

This is my last post about this, I just saw the Central Lumberton score; you can't tell me that was because of bad coaching.

Central is the best girls team in this area. There is no shame losing to a great team. Ask your Lady Bobcats. (Central by 24 over OF)

Coach Gwen Boyd coaches many of those girls in AAU, and you can tell.

And actually, the Sophomores got most of the minutes in the second half last night.

As far as the OF-Lumberton game, you were not there. Lumberton dominated those players you mentioned in the first half. The only way OF got back in the game was because Lumberton played the 2nd half with 4 and half players, trying to chase in a man D.

Have yourself some more orange koolaid.

Ok, this is for sure my last post.  I was at the Orangefield vs Lumberton game, and if you actually thought going to a zone would have won that game I really wish you would have been coaching.  If you did so called "shut down" the 3 I mentioned then you forgot to shut down Aimee Scales, she had 11 that game.  Also I don't know if you know this, but Orangefield is 10-0 in district(with teams like HJ, Silsbee, and HF my opinion the hardest 3A district in the state), and have beat teams that beat Central.  Also I'd like to make a point that Orangefield\Central game was the first real game we had, under a new coach, new offense, and new defense.  I know Central is very good!  They are ranked in TABC and have been for a while. I think their coach is a great person too, I hope they win their district and I hope Orangefield does too, then since we will both have byes the first round maybe we should play a pick up game. I'd love to see those two teams play again. Also 25pts is nothing compared to the 39pts last night. And what are you talking about the sophomores playing the 2nd half.  Each half they only scored 16pts.  I think its great you think your team is at the same caliber as Orangefield, HJ, Silsbee, Central, and Ozen its always good to dream big.

Where in my post did I say Lumberton was the same caliber as Central and Ozen? Did you even read it? I said that Lumberton is as good as OF. But OF is not in the same class as Central. Play them now, and OF loses by 39 instead of 24.

The Lumberton girls played Central close in the YMBL tourney. Actually led at the half.  But Central is at another level now. And Lumberton has played up and down all year. Hence this discussion thread.

Orangefield? The toughest team in the toughest district in the state? And you call me a dreamer?

If you didn't know this HJ beat Central, Orangefield beat HJ.  HJ had been as high as number 4 in state, Silsbee number 7, Orangefield 13.  That is how I can say its the toughest  in the state.  Do you honestly believe Lumberton is equal to Orangefield?  Because I think HJ and Silsbee would beg to differ.

How did OF do against Sulphur? I believe OF got beat by them, right?. The Lady Raiders beat Sulphur. See, you can play this who beats who beats who game forever.

It does not prove anything. THUS my point here all along is that the Lady Raiders are CAPABLE of playing very well. But for whatever reason, are playing up and down, all year. Looking great one half, and terrible the next. If you want to discuss how fantastic OF Lady Bobs are, then start a thread that starts- THE TOUGHEST TEAM IN THE STATE.

This thread was about the up and down play of Lumberton.