Lumberton Girls Basketball

ukfan27

Actually, it doesn't seem so much about Lumberton's ups and downs as much as it seems like a witch hunt (or should I say coach hunt?) by a couple people who would rather mouth on a message board instead of scheduling a conference with the coach to sit down and talk about their concerns.

Man up and talk to the guy face to face.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canyon is the best in the state, this district is the toughest because you have more teams in this district with more talent than most, and yes we did by 1. Ok then please explain how you think Lumberton is equal to Orangefield.

Thanks WilliyWonka, you are absolutely correct! 

Ok, this is for sure my last post.  I was at the Orangefield vs Lumberton game, and if you actually thought going to a zone would have won that game I really wish you would have been coaching.  If you did so called "shut down" the 3 I mentioned then you forgot to shut down Aimee Scales, she had 11 that game.  Also I don't know if you know this, but Orangefield is 10-0 in district(with teams like HJ, Silsbee, and HF my opinion the hardest 3A district in the state), and have beat teams that beat Central.  Also I'd like to make a point that Orangefield\Central game was the first real game we had, under a new coach, new offense, and new defense.  I know Central is very good!  They are ranked in TABC and have been for a while. I think their coach is a great person too, I hope they win their district and I hope Orangefield does too, then since we will both have byes the first round maybe we should play a pick up game. I'd love to see those two teams play again. Also 25pts is nothing compared to the 39pts last night. And what are you talking about the sophomores playing the 2nd half.  Each half they only scored 16pts.  I think its great you think your team is at the same caliber as Orangefield, HJ, Silsbee, Central, and Ozen its always good to dream big.

I thought  this was your last post. ;D

Bobcat you are really beginning to embarrass the rest of us from Orangefield. Please stop. I am from Orangefield and a former Head Coach at a different school. Lumberton is as good as Orangefield when all of their girls are healthy. I watched them play. I am a bobcat too and even I recognize that. Will either team win a state title this year? I doubt it. As much as we love our little dribblers program, it doesn't mean that you are qualified to make the coaching comments you have been making. You can really tell your age and coaching experience by your views.

p.s. When asked about your coaching experience, dint go into an interview bragging about how good your little dribblers team was because most athletic directors will be laughing at you under their breath and you can forget a call back. That is just the way it is out there in the real coaching business. Try to volunteer at a school as a G.A. coach or something. Good luck with it! and GO CATS!!

Lets just give this topic a rest guys. The are girls playing hard and representing their school. The coach may make some questionable choices during the time of the game and thats what he is paid to do. I was at the Central game and we could not break the press to save our lives and we didnt take the time to set up our offense and play our game. We had weak passes and were getting out rebounded. Foul trouble was another concern. But i know the girls will work hard to get prepared against Ozen, because I know they really wanna be a playoff team. I will probably get hassled but who cares just my opinions.

GO RAIDERS!!

Lumberton is obviously not as good as Orangefield.  They are supposedly in a "rebuilding year" also as they lost their "two best players"... Well guess what???? So did Orangefield, they lost alot more than that and they are rebuilding themselves right to the district championship, and have a better district record than the previous team did.... They are playing like a "team" and are being coached as one...

Actually, it doesn't seem so much about Lumberton's ups and downs as much as it seems like a witch hunt (or should I say coach hunt?) by a couple people who would rather mouth on a message board instead of scheduling a conference with the coach to sit down and talk about their concerns.

Man up and talk to the guy face to face.

Just my opinion.

How do you know that has not already been done? Maybe more than once?

The thread starter asked for opinions about what was going on. There has been some good honest discourse here about the subject. (Other than a few inserts from some posters that are not close to the situation.)  This is not a coaching witch hunt. It is a head scratcher.

Guest bleed orange

This may go down as one of the longest threads in history on the girls forum. This thread as bounced all over this place. I agree "LOCK THIS THREAD".