Sun Devils vs. Big Timers

Guest 643DP

With all due respect to 643DP, who might actually be serious with this inquiry, it is kind of silly. It smacks of an attempt to stir up an old controversy. Because the answer is that there is no comparison.

The Sun Devils are clearly the top organization, by far. Dedicated facility and field, full-time coaching staff, play in top show case tournaments in the country, position by position the best players. It is where scouts go to get info on players. If you have what it takes and you want to maximize your future, get with this bunch.

Jay Bruce--Minor League Player of the Year

Murphy--U of H

Ferguson--Old Miss

Elhert--aTm

Fazio--Rice commit

Hales--aTm commit

Cervanka--UT commit

These are just a very few off top of my head. There are many others. Enough said. Move on to a productive topic.

Thanks VOP

We didn't mean to hit a nerve. We didn't even know this site existed until last weekend.

It was a serious question. We are from the Lufkin/Nacogodoches area and there are no programs like either here.

I would like to say that these are both great programs.  I have attended.  I only wish this SITE would give an ongoing list of places, dates, and times of games within reasonable driving distance.

If people had just a little lead time from info displayed on here; I am sure the attendance and even support would rise.

I had some good and funny times with the fans as we exchanged clean and funny jokes between the innings.  It is a good casual experience for fans to support the Uth.

I would like to say that these are both great programs.  I have attended.  I only wish this SITE would give an ongoing list of places, dates, and times of games within reasonable driving distance.

If people had just a little lead time from info displayed on here; I am sure the attendance and even support would rise.

I had some good and funny times with the fans as we exchanged clean and funny jokes between the innings.  It is a good casual experience for fans to support the Uth.

Both programs are top notch, run by some of these best baseball people in the area.

As far as schedules the Sun Devils never play locally, it's all over the country. The Big Timers also travel to places like Florida, but do play alot of games in Houston.

Now, if you want to see some of the same players, just drive over to Nederland at Mid-County Babe Ruth, Mon-Thur. in the summer between 5:30 pm and 10:00 pm, pay nothing at the gate, I'll even throw in the best free hamburger, cooked by some of the best and prettiest cheap labor a league can find.

And if Mr Benoit is at the game, which he's been coming for 40 years, you can have some good conversation.     

• 2 weeks later...

The organization is run by Phil Cross who has numerous coaches such as Jason Greer-Advance Scout St. Louis Cardinals, Phil has a cell phone with speed dials to Rice,Texas,Texas A&M Ole Miss. you name it he knows them, and has developed a great and talented pool of players.

The organization is run by Phil Cross who has numerous coaches such as Jason Greer-Advance Scout St. Louis Cardinals, Phil has a cell phone with speed dials to Rice,Texas,Texas A&M Ole Miss. you name it he knows them, and has developed a great and talented pool of players.

You are right...Phil is connected to everyone. Our experience with the Houston Heat was excellent..My son really enjoyed playing for and working with one of their pitching coaches, Tim Price.  He has quite a few connections as well. Just a super group of guys within the Heat organization.

1.  Mike Rutledge runs Kyle Chapman in Houston.  Very good guy and very good organization.  KC is more of a "lets play games" rather than a teach/train group.

2.  The Houston Heat is another very good organization run by Phil Cross (although I would suspect we have as many names on our speed dial as does he).  They spread out over many different teams in various age groups.  You want to be on their #1 team or your return on your investment lessens.

Both of these organizations are well run and provide exposure to players wanting to get to the next level.  I also think Clay Hill and the Columbia Angels do a good job over in the Houston area.

And, no...the Banditos stop after age 14.  They are run by Ray Deleon (he's a trip).  They have a lot of success in the younger ages but have also been blessed with extraordinary talent out of the Woodlands.

1.  Mike Rutledge runs Kyle Chapman in Houston.  Very good guy and very good organization.  KC is more of a "lets play games" rather than a teach/train group.

2.  The Houston Heat is another very good organization run by Phil Cross (although I would suspect we have as many names on our speed dial as does he).  They spread out over many different teams in various age groups.  You want to be on their #1 team or your return on your investment lessens.

Both of these organizations are well run and provide exposure to players wanting to get to the next level.  I also think Clay Hill and the Columbia Angels do a good job over in the Houston area.

And, no...the Banditos stop after age 14.  They are run by Ray Deleon (he's a trip).  They have a lot of success in the younger ages but have also been blessed with extraordinary talent out of the Woodlands.

I agree. Well said, MIF04.

Guest Bulldog

Who has the most numbers on their speed dial, the Houston Heat or the Sun Devils?  How ridiculous, just how insecure are you? 

Both programs have had alot of sucess getting kids to the next level and will continue that for years to come.......it doesn't matter who has the most numbers on speed dial...

My experience with the Sundevils is if they don't know them they soon will they meet people thorugh people and they get you what you want.

Im sure the Heat do the same its how the baseball world works.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83