Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, Newguy90 said:

Wow no one saw this one 

Definitely a wild game. Although I believe Newton coaching, staff sure didn’t take them lightly since they were a very solid and deep playoff team last year in big school 3A. I hope Newton gets a chance to meet em again in the playoffs.

Posted

I was just reading the other thread on this game and the Newton crowd had this as a blowout for Newton. Understandable since the domination they have shown for years, wasn’t this Newtons first district loss since like 2011? With that said, Hardin obviously didn’t get the memo on how Newton was going to dominate them and those kids played their butts off. Very smart football on Hardins side, but did they just awaken a monster and open Newton’s eyes a little? I guess we’ll see 

Posted
3 minutes ago, RTR said:

I was just reading the other thread on this game and the Newton crowd had this as a blowout for Newton. Understandable since the domination they have shown for years, wasn’t this Newtons first district loss since like 2011? With that said, Hardin obviously didn’t get the memo on how Newton was going to dominate them and those kids played their butts off. Very smart football on Hardins side, but did they just awaken a monster and open Newton’s eyes a little? I guess we’ll see 

Yes ..You/Hardin  will see Newton again. Hopefully in the playoffs. Newton needed this wakeup call. The no kicker for extra points finally caught up with Newton. The special teams running away from onside kicks like they scared of the ball . Got some fixing to be done but Newton will be there in the end.

Posted
9 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Yes ..You/Hardin  will see Newton again. Hopefully in the playoffs. Newton needed this wakeup call. The no kicker for extra points finally caught up with Newton. The special teams running away from onside kicks like they scared of the ball . Got some fixing to be done but Newton will be there in the end.

Spot on, when we walked into the stadium and I looked over at Newton lined up for the National Anthem, man they looked intimidating! But they played one dimensional. I believe Hardin stopped them on every extra point attempt, Hardin shocked them right away with the onside then quick score too. Hardin should have had another onside kick, and that was definitely a fumble that was taken away from Hardin. Plus, Newton’s QB has a hell of an arm, but they changed their whole offensive scheme for some reason. Maybe Newton’s coaches were a little cocky and didn’t take Hardin serious 

Posted
10 hours ago, RTR said:

I was just reading the other thread on this game and the Newton crowd had this as a blowout for Newton. Understandable since the domination they have shown for years, wasn’t this Newtons first district loss since like 2011? With that said, Hardin obviously didn’t get the memo on how Newton was going to dominate them and those kids played their butts off. Very smart football on Hardins side, but did they just awaken a monster and open Newton’s eyes a little? I guess we’ll see 

I don't believe the Newton coaches overlooked Hardin, especially after their great season last year in 3A D1. That said, Newton is definitely one dimensional (and I was born and raised there). Special teams/kicking PATs have been nonexistent for many years, and it really matters in games like this. Regardless, if Hardin survives the playoffs, they’ll meet Newton again and it’ll be a good one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,981
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    abbykr4
    Newest Member
    abbykr4
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...