Eagle11 Posted September 8 Report Posted September 8 I am a UT guy but always respected RC. My uncle taught RC at Stark High School. 40 years later my uncle met RC in College Station. RC did a double take then called him by name. Quote
WOSdrummer99 Posted September 8 Author Report Posted September 8 1 hour ago, Eagle11 said: I am a UT guy but always respected RC. My uncle taught RC at Stark High School. 40 years later my uncle met RC in College Station. RC did a double take then called him by name. Mom was in school with RC. Dad with Jimmy Johnson at TJ. I loved the story RC told of former Stark coach winning state at Wichita Falls Dec 6. Dec 7 was Pearl Harbor. Then the coach and all his seniors signed up on Dec 8. Back then men were real men. myrecordwashorrible 1 Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted September 8 Report Posted September 8 Da Man!! Love me some RC! Very well deserved. Quote
TxHoops Posted September 9 Report Posted September 9 Kudos to the Aggies for honoring this legend while he’s still with us. I believe it’s a shame we often wait until someone is gone before we do this. RC was a great football coach and is an even better man. Class act in every sense of the word. Quote
baddog Posted September 9 Report Posted September 9 UT fan here and I watched the Slocum coached Aggies. I remember Bucky Richardson, McCown (how many of them were there, lol), and Dustin Long. I believe the “wrecking crew” name came under Slocum. UT and Texas A&M were the best rivalry in college football. Man, I still miss the old SWC. TxHoops 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.