ltx4ever Posted Monday at 02:29 PM Report Posted Monday at 02:29 PM Any news on Lufkin's issues? Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted Monday at 02:49 PM Author Report Posted Monday at 02:49 PM 19 minutes ago, ltx4ever said: Any news on Lufkin's issues? @PackAttack Quote
pakronos Posted Monday at 06:11 PM Report Posted Monday at 06:11 PM 15 hours ago, OlDawg said: After this week, it’s possible that 1 team will be virtually eliminated, and 3 more could be on life support with 3 losses. It will be a little easier to calculate scenarios next week. Someone will probably get into PO’s with a .500 record. I wish TL would update their page to show current contracts. It’s apparently way out of date because they still showed BISD schools, and you mentioned they haven’t had a contract in like 2 years. Gonna say Ball is pretty much done Quote
pakronos Posted Monday at 06:14 PM Report Posted Monday at 06:14 PM 4 hours ago, 2trill said: I heard BU got a new play caller on offense They gotta cousin or brother with the same skills?? Asking for a friend… Alpha Wolf and BMTSoulja1 2 Quote
PackAttack Posted Tuesday at 02:59 AM Report Posted Tuesday at 02:59 AM 12 hours ago, ltx4ever said: Any news on Lufkin's issues? Who can figure out high school kids, or coaching. Thankfully I have zero fingerprints on this Lufkin program, they do have some issues, but in watching the game again, United played an almost perfect game. Lufkin had about 400 yards of offense, but the United passing O was almost perfect. Abseck said it was the best game they had seen Bronson play in two years of film they watched.. Mr. Buddy Garrity and BMTSoulja1 2 Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted Wednesday at 08:38 PM Author Report Posted Wednesday at 08:38 PM DCTF computer projection has GCM by 2 over Sterling. Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted yesterday at 12:29 PM Author Report Posted yesterday at 12:29 PM It's funny seeing a few people from fanbases or a fanbase sour when they're not having the season they were hoping for. 😁 WhoDat, BMTSoulja1 and OlDawg 3 Quote
BMTSoulja1 Posted yesterday at 01:11 PM Report Posted yesterday at 01:11 PM Maybe I’m going out on a limb here but THINK he’s talking about Lufkin’s fanbase… OlDawg 1 Quote
OlDawg Posted yesterday at 01:35 PM Report Posted yesterday at 01:35 PM I wish Lufkin had more fans posting here. I feel like I’m kinda out here outside of the ‘core’ SETX folks by myself. Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted yesterday at 01:38 PM Author Report Posted yesterday at 01:38 PM 3 minutes ago, OlDawg said: I wish Lufkin had more fans posting here. I feel like I’m kinda out here outside of the ‘core’ SETX folks by myself. Well there's 1 NC fan on here that I know of: @Lightning/Eagle So you're not by yourself 😁 The Baytown folks are quiet. Quote
OlDawg Posted yesterday at 01:41 PM Report Posted yesterday at 01:41 PM 6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said: Well there's 1 NC fan on here that I know of: @Lightning/Eagle So you're not by yourself 😁 I think I’ve seen someone with a screen name the same as the NC QB occasionally also. Just not regularly. With the way the DCTX app is right now, more folks may start posting on forums like this one again in the future. The new scoreboard feature & standings set up the way everything is linked is really nice. Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted yesterday at 01:47 PM Author Report Posted yesterday at 01:47 PM 35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said: Maybe I’m going out on a limb here but THINK he’s talking about Lufkin’s fanbase… Could be Weak Brooke 🤷🏾♂️ Quote
Lightning/Eagle Posted yesterday at 02:11 PM Report Posted yesterday at 02:11 PM 30 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said: Well there's 1 NC fan on here that I know of: @Lightning/Eagle So you're not by yourself 😁 The Baytown folks are quiet. Yes, I didn’t get to go to the game last night. My wife had other plans for us. I stayed off social media and watched it on Texan Live late last night. Man what a disappointing performance by both teams. The only score all night was aided by 45 yards of personal fouls. Mr. Buddy Garrity 1 Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted 10 hours ago Author Report Posted 10 hours ago Thoughts on Thursday/last night's action? ☕ Quote
OlDawg Posted 9 hours ago Report Posted 9 hours ago 1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said: Thoughts on Thursday/last night's action? ☕ I’m going to try and look at scenarios today/tomorrow. Off the top of my head, Lufkin is looking good for PO spot as they hold tie break over RSS in a head-to-head. If it becomes a 3-way, things could get iffy based on points. RSS is okay, but still have to play PAM, LP, and BU. BU is the real wildcard right now. But, I’ll dig deeper with remaining schedules and try to put something out. Most likely, it will change every week with the parity and remaining schedules. Can you help get tiebreaker info from Ghost? I don’t have any direct connections to anyone at LP. Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted 9 hours ago Author Report Posted 9 hours ago 3 minutes ago, OlDawg said: I’m going to try and look at scenarios today/tomorrow. Off the top of my head, Lufkin is looking good for PO spot as they hold tie break over RSS in a head-to-head. If it becomes a 3-way, things could get iffy based on points. RSS is okay, but still have to play PAM, LP, and BU. BU is the real wildcard right now. But, I’ll dig deeper with remaining schedules and try to put something out. Most likely, it will change every week with the parity and remaining schedules. Can you help get tiebreaker info from Ghost? I don’t have any direct connections to anyone at LP. @ThaGhost yall gonna get on the tiebreaker system with Coach Morgan Monday?? Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted 7 hours ago Author Report Posted 7 hours ago Meant to put this here in this thread.... Sitting back thinking about it, it's really amazing we're 6-0 at this point with replacing so many studs from last season. I didn't think we'd be undefeated at this point of the season in February. Quote
OlDawg Posted 6 hours ago Report Posted 6 hours ago 48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said: Meant to put this here in this thread.... Sitting back thinking about it, it's really amazing we're 6-0 at this point with replacing so many studs from last season. I didn't think we'd be undefeated at this point of the season in February. La Porte has won a lot of games through the decades with a strong running game, good special teams play, and defense. You guys know that better than many. Our situations are somewhat reversed this year in Bizarro World. But—like y’all knew the O would be the weaker part of the team this year—LP knew the D would be ours. You just play the hand you’re dealt, and keep working on the rest, and hope to improve. One thing about LP since Berneathy’s been back, LP has—generally—slowly improved as the season has progressed. He schedules tough tests to learn. Not necessarily win. Last year’s PO collapse was an outlier. That was an epic collapse in the second half and an embarrassment. But—to give Weiss credit—their passing attack hit directly on LP’s weakness. Once they got on a roll with momentum, they rode it. Talented club. Quote
PackAttack Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago On 10/2/2026 at 8:11 AM, BMTSoulja1 said: Maybe I’m going out on a limb here but THINK he’s talking about Lufkin’s fanbase… If he is talking about Lufkin, that is in error, although you always hope to have a better year than the last.. We all knew the youth and inexperience coming on board this year, at least I did. There are always those out of the loop Lufkin fans who thinks a new coach should win immediately, they do not understand a program rebuild. Abseck is doing that. It doesn't show on the varsity with all the sophs and fresh up there getting their feet wet, but it is happening at the Freshmen level where the Lufkin kids have smoked all of their district opponents. through 4 games. Lufkin has a large number of kids in the freshman program. It's more plausible to expect next season to have the expectations. BMTSoulja1 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.