* EC vs. Kountze Updates/Game Broadcasted Here/KOUNTZE WINS BY 2*

Aggiesarewe you could not get the gig to do the HJ/Silsbee game.  You missed a great one!!!!!

No. We have a broadcast team from HJ doing all their games. I was sorry to miss it too, and will miss the one in Silsbee also.

I did get to broadcast a great game tonight though. I didn't suffer much. ;D

I mean - BUT THEY DIDN'T!  They are at the free throw line by themselves and they could not make more than half their shots.  You make that out to be a moral victory.  The fact is, they lost a game that they could have/should have won.  So your solace is - if they had shot better at the free throw line.  Sheez!!

Bucof2010-I think everyone but Tigervoice understood what you meant. You made an analogy of the game and it seems to have substance. Some people just feel the need to make rediculous comments just to make a post. I was at the HJ/Silsbee game tonight and witnessed their sportsmanship from the stands. His post is pretty much in line with what I experienced tonight. Good Luck EC with your team and classy fans.

Great game tonight in Kountze. 3 things I observed from the game tonight:

1.  EC played without emotion.  If they would have played like that against HJ the other night they would have been beaten by 25+.  Also, T. Thomas went 14-15 from the FT, the rest of the team went 5-19 (terrible).  But in saying all that EC had a chance to win at the end of the game.

2.  Kountze played great and with something to prove.  #25 was IMO the difference in the game.  And as crazy as this sounds, Kountze might be better without Brey on the court, but his dunk in the 4th was by far the best dunk I have ever seen at the 3A-1A level.

3.  There is a reason Kountze has won 28448 straigt district games in their gym.  That placed is really tough to win in.  And his has nothing to do with the referees.  Its just simply intimidating and daunting.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, and this sets up for a nice rematch in Winnie in a few weeks.

Great game tonight in Kountze. 3 things I observed from the game tonight:

1.  EC played without emotion.  If they would have played like that against HJ the other night they would have been beaten by 25+.  Also, T. Thomas went 14-15 from the FT, the rest of the team went 5-19 (terrible).  But in saying all that EC had a chance to win at the end of the game.

2.  Kountze played great and with something to prove.  #25 was IMO the difference in the game.  And as crazy as this sounds, Kountze might be better without Brey on the court, but his dunk in the 4th was by far the best dunk I have ever seen at the 3A-1A level.

3.  There is a reason Kountze has won 28448 straigt district games in their gym.  That placed is really tough to win in.  And his has nothing to do with the referees.  Its just simply intimidating and daunting.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, and this sets up for a nice rematch in Winnie in a few weeks.

very good post. and your absolutely right about it having nothing to do with the referees, because EC was in the bonus start of the fourth and double bonus a minute into it. lol. ROMAN WALKER was a huge difference in this ball game!!!!

Guest abovetherim

very good post. and your absolutely right about it having nothing to do with the referees, because EC was in the bonus start of the fourth and double bonus a minute into it. lol. ROMAN WALKER was a huge difference in this ball game!!!!

Agree, that was a great post. Man, I'm tired of working. I haven't seen a HS game this year and with school starting I'll be here every Fri, Sat, and Sun. FOR 5 MONTHS!!!.  :'(

Devin didnt get a lot of playin time and he really didnt make an impact on the game until the fourth quarter. His DUNK was a huge spark of energy to the Lions. Vance Is a very good sidekick to Tremain, but you could tell he was gettin tired down the stretch.

Coach Joubert has done an excellent job of conditioning his team and this year he has more depth than any previous year. The rematch in EC will be another excellent game!!!

I don't think they will split because i think kountze did a great job keeping the ball out of Tramain's hands but they got a little lazy in the 4th Quarter and let him get to the freethrow line and he hit 10 Freethrows in the 4th... but Roman Walker is only a sophmore and he is a keep part of this team...I'm taking the Lions by 4 At E.C.

Boy, I sure can pick'em. Another great and exciting game to broadcast for our game of the week. The gym was packed at the end of the JV game and then the varsity girls got to play before a standing room only crowd. By the time the varsity game got going, the place was at a frenzy. Incredible!!!

As for the game, well to put it simply, if East Chambers makes their freethrows, they win. Only Tremain Thomas could make them down the stretch but the other players were dismal at the line to say the least. Most of their attempts were not even good misses( if there is such a thing). Lots of bricks throw up there.

I give Kountze credit, they won this game on defense. They also did this without Devin Brey. He may have played a total of a quarter and a half.

Congrats Kountze Lions!!

Im replying to a couple of responses about if EC hits their freetrows they win heck if Kountze hits their freethrows also they would have won even bigger.  I was there at the game and Kountze missed i believe in the last minute or two probably 8 out of 10 free throws.  Roman Walker made 2 in a row but I dont think we made another one the rest of the game.  I know we missed out last 6 straight with under a minute were we could have put the game away for good.  Neither team shot the ball well from the freethrow line.  The game was everything I new it would be and Jan 29th will be no different.  I heard that in the Hardin loss we had the same problem down the stretch shooting freethrows that helped us not win that game and freethrows almost cost this game.  We are a very young team and I hope they start shooting freethrows better or they could be in trouble down the stretch.  Great game buy both teams.

Im replying to a couple of responses about if EC hits their freetrows they win heck if Kountze hits their freethrows also they would have won even bigger.  I was there at the game and Kountze missed i believe in the last minute or two probably 8 out of 10 free throws.  Roman Walker made 2 in a row but I dont think we made another one the rest of the game.  I know we missed out last 6 straight with under a minute were we could have put the game away for good.  Neither team shot the ball well from the freethrow line.  The game was everything I new it would be and Jan 29th will be no different.  I heard that in the Hardin loss we had the same problem down the stretch shooting freethrows that helped us not win that game and freethrows almost cost this game.  We are a very young team and I hope they start shooting freethrows better or they could be in trouble down the stretch.  Great game buy both teams.

For your information, the boxscore had the freethrows at 6-14 for Kountze, 19-35 for East Chambers. I was at the game too, since I broadcasted it, and have the stats. Kountze did not get into the bonus until 1:43 left in the game. They shot 3-7 from the line in that last minute and a half. Where as EC was 8-17 in the last 2 minutes of the game, with Thomas making all 8 of them. East Chambers by far had more chances to win this game at the line than what Kountze had.

For your information, the boxscore had the freethrows at 6-14 for Kountze, 19-35 for East Chambers. I was at the game too, since I broadcasted it, and have the stats. Kountze did not get into the bonus until 1:43 left in the game. They shot 3-7 from the line in that last minute and a half. Where as EC was 8-17 in the last 2 minutes of the game, with Thomas making all 8 of them. East Chambers by far had more chances to win this game at the line than what Kountze had.

Sorry to upset you wasnt trying to make anyone mad but sitting in the stands it just seemed like they missed a whole bunch more and buy the way thanks for doing the game.  This game was so intence and the last minute and a half or so it seemed to take forever and seemed like we couldnt make em either.  Also what was with the refs they tried sending TT to the line 3 different times when he wasnt even the one being fouled and one time he got the 2 free throws and was no were near the foul at the other end of the court.  The refs in my opinion were horrible this night both ways.  Well keep up the good work and thanks for the stats guess you put me in my place.  And sorry again for rubbing you the wrong way.

Sorry to upset you wasnt trying to make anyone mad but sitting in the stands it just seemed like they missed a whole bunch more and buy the way thanks for doing the game.  This game was so intence and the last minute and a half or so it seemed to take forever and seemed like we couldnt make em either.  Also what was with the refs they tried sending TT to the line 3 different times when he wasnt even the one being fouled and one time he got the 2 free throws and was no were near the foul at the other end of the court.  The refs in my opinion were horrible this night both ways.  Well keep up the good work and thanks for the stats guess you put me in my place.  And sorry again for rubbing you the wrong way.

Hey mccktown, I am not upset, sorry I came across that way, didn't mean to. I was just wanting to state the facts, that's all.

I appreciate your gratitude and your kind words. It was a great game to broadcast, a no brainer for me to pick to do. Maybe I will do the rematch down in Winnie, we'll see.

Hey mccktown, I am not upset, sorry I came across that way, didn't mean to. I was just wanting to state the facts, that's all.

I appreciate your gratitude and your kind words. It was a great game to broadcast, a no brainer for me to pick to do. Maybe I will do the rematch down in Winnie, we'll see.

I hope you can just in case i cant make it to the game myself but I sure as heck am going to try to cause I havent missed a Kountze EC game in 2 years and dont plan on missing this one either but if I cant I cant cause of work and all.  It will be another hum dinger in my eyes so if I cant make it hope to catch it on your broadcast.  Also what do you think of the upcoming Kountze DV game I think we win big but I hear DV is playing very well.

• 2 weeks later...
Also what was with the refs they tried sending TT to the line 3 different times when he wasnt even the one being fouled and one time he got the 2 free throws and was no were near the foul at the other end of the court.  The refs in my opinion were horrible this night both ways.  Well keep up the good work and thanks for the stats guess you put me in my place.  And sorry again for rubbing you the wrong way.

[/quote]

i wanna know too..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed