HJ Loses 74-58

Guest spinks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ lost to Lufkin Hudson 74-58 in Lufkin tonight.  I would rather see a loss now then after district starts.  4 HJ players fouled out and HJ cut the lead to 7 and some how managed to pick up 2 technicals that sealed their fate.  HJ knew it was a tough place to play and they found out for sure.  Tough night but they will rebound strong!!!

Guest ECBucFan

H-J, don't even worry about this. Sounds like home cookin', and Hudson doesn't even play football. They do BB year round. Being in a groove early for them doesn't necessarily translate to later. Watch and see...

Homer jobs took us out of our press from the get-go.  Against a talented team with a stud big guy, our press is crucial.  So those early, blatantly cheating whistles were pretty demoralizing.  As the game went on, the 3:1 foul call disparity was not as glaring as the non-calls when the Hawks would drive and get knocked to the ground.  I know Coach is upset with the technicals; I am, too, though I can't blame the kids for their outrage at being so cheated, all game long.  We need to maintain composure.  We had somehow fought back to a 7-pt deficit, and those Ts sealed our fate.  Nice clean block, Colby, though, anyway...

I hope Coach Sutherland never visits LH again.  It's obvious what's going on up there.  Hopefully we'll get to play these guys on a neutral court down the road.

Homer jobs took us out of our press from the get-go.  Against a talented team with a stud big guy, our press is crucial.  So those early, blatantly cheating whistles were pretty demoralizing.  As the game went on, the 3:1 foul call disparity was not as glaring as the non-calls when the Hawks would drive and get knocked to the ground.  I know Coach is upset with the technicals; I am, too, though I can't blame the kids for their outrage at being so cheated, all game long.  We need to maintain composure.  We had somehow fought back to a 7-pt deficit, and those Ts sealed our fate.  Nice clean block, Colby, though, anyway...

I hope Coach Sutherland never visits LH again.  It's obvious what's going on up there.  Hopefully we'll get to play these guys on a neutral court down the road.

WOW! So I guess everyone is out to get poor little HJ.......why is it when others feel cheated (Silsbee -vs- HJ, Regional Finals) most HJ fans get all bowed up, and start telling US to shut up...etc..etc...etc........Silsbee loses two games and WE suck.......not HJ.......They were CHEATED........now now now......maybe ya'll just SUCK to now.........or then again, maybe we (Silsbee) will just see it as it is.......HJ lost to a good team (that played better than they did on this night) HJ will always be a force and those that know anything at all about this game knows that.

Silsbee -vs- HJ will be 2 good games when district rolls around!

Now HJ knows what it feels like to get cheated by officials.  Been going on at HJ for years.............  Hudson is a legit team though.  Must give them some credit.  I read on another message board where Chapel Hill fans made the same comments about the officiating at HJ's Tourney.

i knew the refs were gunna be that way. even if i wasnt from hj i would still say the refs cheated. it was ridiculous. it is a loss to a good 4a team. one loss is not gunna kill us. we will bounce back quick from the loss and keep on fighting till we get to austin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder