Bridge collapse in Baltimore

tvc184

Just read an article with more details than I'd been seeing: apparently the ship was having some sort of propulsion issue, and issued a mayday in slightly in advance.  People on both sides were able to stop traffic from entering the bridge, meaning there were very few vehicles affected.  It also sounds like most, if not all of the 6 missing people were part of a crew fixing potholes on the bridge.  I'm not sure why they weren't contacted and evacuated in time.

Special feelings of sadness when I read about such a tragedy. My uncle sometimes, but not often, talked about a boyhood friend. How they played baseball and did other things together. The friend was one of the Army engineers on the Remagen Bridge doing maintenance when it collapsed. He died. Ironically the 79th anniversary of the collapse was just last week.

This seems like the new normal. I wondered why there were no vehicles in the video of the collapse. But for this to be a direct hit on the tower is not by chance. There's no steering wheel on a ship anymore for someone to turn. All computerized and GPS controlled. So for the black box to have turned itself off. In the words of my old friend... 🐂💩

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This seems like the new normal. I wondered why there were no vehicles in the video of the collapse. But for this to be a direct hit on the tower is not by chance. There's no steering wheel on a ship anymore for someone to turn. All computerized and GPS controlled. So for the black box to have turned itself off. In the words of my old friend... 🐂💩

I heard talk that the GPS on ships are not encrypted.  There was recently a ship that had its GPS hacked.  I don't recall if there was any damage.  

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!  Looky here!  FBI opens a criminal probe on the ship that destroyed the Baltimore bridge.  Ol' JoeBama admin originally said they can rule out terrorism and really don't think there was any foul play taking place.  And now this...  

This is the hidden content, please

12 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Surely we don’t know what will happen but the article implies that the investigation is based on criminal negligence and doesn’t even hint at terrorism.  

True about terrorism.  The point of the JoeBama Admin quote was showing how they jumped the gun.  And, what, 2 weeks later they are having to swallow one of their statements.  Curious how long it'll be before they'll have to swallow the terrorism statement.  Curious to see how this turns out!