21-3A Girls District Champs

Who wins district?  

1. 1. Who wins district?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont overlook H/J' date='they lost Spears but the were awfully young after her.They will be solid and well coached.[/quote']

No doubt!! You've got at least five teams in this district that could probably win alot of district across the state.

Guest bleed orange

Nobody is over looking anyone I promise, but HJ is a year away from making some noise and they will be good for a while. But then again you never know and we will see.

Guest bleed orange

My predictions to make the play-offs are, Orangefield, Silsbee and Hamphire Fannett. My predictions were based on the returning starter's. Also I did not say what order they would be in. You are probably thinking why not HJ, they have 4 starters coming back. They are still young and like I said before, they will be good in the future.

Guest bleed orange

The district will diffently be more balanced. Can't wait till the season starts. If a team goes undefeated in this district, they have done something pretty remarkable.

Don't overlook Kirbyville either. All their players are coming back except one. They have that Kellum girl she's really tough. When she gets her teammates involved it's on and popping. She's really exiciting to watch. I went to their last playoff game when they played Barbers Hill. What a game...she put her team on her back and almost won. She's incredible...she don't get much publicity but i think she's one of the best players in southeast texas.

Guest bleed orange

Your right Longhorn Fan, This district is going to be something else. We should be cussing the UIL for what they did because some quality teams will be sitting home come playoff time. Its funny that Buna got just under the number and dropped to 2A. The head of the UIL is from Buna. Buna needed to drop but so did some other schools. The UIL did a poor job in 3A as far as numbers go. It does not matter as much in girls sports but in boys it does.

Guest bleed orange

Well atleast you picked us in the top two. Thats a start. Who knows before this is all over with you may change your colors. :lol:

Wow tough to pick the top three in this district, but I'll try.

1. Orangefield - Lost only one starter from a team that lost by one point to the 3A State Champs China Spring.

2. Silsbee - Talent at the guard position will keep these Tigers in the race.

3. West Orange-Stark - One Brittany is gone, but another Brittany is still around. If she can get some help the Stangs will be playoff bound again.

4. Hamshire Fannett - The Lady Horns could finish higher, will give some teams match up problems.

5. Hardin Jefferson - Will field a solid team, but still a year or two away.

6. Kirbyville - New coach in the mix, Wildcats could surprise some teams.

7. Bridge City - Should be improved from last year, could also be a surprise team.

8. Jasper - Lost point guard to graduation, could be tough year for the Lady Dawgs.

I think HF lost their best player to graduation.I cant remember her name, but she missed the last couple of games with an injury.Kirbyville will be OK but I dont see them in the playoff hunt.There will be 1 very good club out of this district staying at home.My top picks are O-field,Silsbee,WOS and Hardin Jefferson.H/J will be the youngest of this group and may be a year away but they could be very dangerous.They have some excellent young shooters and will play solid defense.

Guest bleed orange

Actually HF best player is still there. The Cameron girl will be a senior. Meagan Gary was the only senior last year. She was good also but only played half the year. HF entire team is back that played toward the end of last season. I maybe wrong but I think thats right. What I mean by "best player", is she led them in scoring and rebounding. Team wise they are solid.

Guest bleed orange

Just think, if they only took one team to the play-offs like they used to. Now they take 3 and there is still some good teams going to be sitting at home come play-off time. The UIL should have left everything alone in my opinion. :pp UIL

Thats true,I cant help but smile when I hear people talking about not winning district but making the playoffs.Years ago if you didnt win it you stayed put.Seems like we have watered it down now with some sub par 500 teams makin it.I watched Silsbee a couple of times last year and they will be very good.I heard they got kellums to coach them replacing Bush,if so they will still be tough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder