*POST ZAVALLA TOURNMENT/NEWTON WINS TOURNMENT*

Warren Vs. Lufkin JV

Lufkin JV- 62

FINAL

Warren  - 52

Score was 65-62 Lufkin.

Sims 25  8/8 FT line  Andrews 13

Close game start to finish.Sims fouled out midway thru the fourth.Too many missed layups and free throws late to pull out the win.Lufkin played a good ballgame and had 4 starters in double figures.Warren led by 6 midway thru the fourth 57-51 and couldn't put it away.They are 6-3 now and need to be more consistant.This is one they should have won.

From WHSALUM

Warren  15  29  51  62

Lufkin JV 10  29  47  65

Sims -25  8/8 FT line  Andrews -13

Close ball game start to finish.Sims fouled out midway thru the 4th. Andrews is playing the post well.Team missed to many layups today and free throws at the very end.I don't think the loss of Granger has affected them,it's time for the upper classmen on this club to step up.A senior ballclub shouldn't lose these kind of games.Warren is 6-3 now and is still a better club than they were this time last year.

Brookeland got down 18-0 to start of game. Just playing careless lazy basketball...Pretty much controlled the game the rest of the game just couldnt take the lead... Hard to come out of a 18-0 hole...

Brookeland plays Lovelady today at 9:30... and if Warren handles Wells like they should. It'll result in a Brookeland Vs. Warren matchup in the Consolation Finals... a great game of two teams that could of been in the winning bracket...

I would like to see that game..well I Coop Im heading to Zavalla today, so I,ll get all the scores and post them later today.

Other scores and today's matchups:

Woden 96  Trinity 26

Zavalla 76 Garrison 33

Corrigan 62  Wells 37

Kelly 55  Brookeland 48

Kennard 53  Woodville 48

Central 56  Slocum 43

Corrigan 72  Lufkin JV 64

Today:

Trinity vs Garrison

Lovelady vs Brookeland

Newton vs Kelly

Central vs Kennard

Woden vs Zavalla

Slocum vs Woodville

Warren vs Wells

Corrigan vs Newton/Kelly winner

Central/Kennard winner vs Woden/Zavalla winner

Warren-74  Wells-53

Warren  20  43  58  74

Wells    12  24  37  53

Andrews -26 6/6 ft line. Sims - 23 (3-3ptrs).Swinney-11.

Good job guys.Gonna have 3 kids missing Saturday morning taking ACT test hopefully the guys will turn it up a notch against a good Brookeland club.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder