who's ya daddy now -can dayton get a little respect-no local paper/tv/radio

liltex

its round ball time for all but the broncos.hou.cron.paper finally woke up after 42-10 win over their #1 tex.city.never mind the 49-7 win over crosby that could have been the 6th of 8 teams the broncos shut out,as dayton played reserves the 4th qtr.last but not least dayton humilates livingston 43-0 never getting even within fieldgoal range. lets add up 3 playoff games***********unheard of 134 to 17.could have been as much as 160-17.anybody,anywhere doing as well.12 yrs.in a row been to the playoffs,this one special,we finally have a great passing game to,and a defense that has prven they can play

its round ball time for all but the broncos.hou.cron.paper finally woke up after 42-10 win over their #1 tex.city.never mind the 49-7 win over crosby that could have been the 6th of 8 teams the broncos shut out,as dayton played reserves the 4th qtr.last but not least dayton humilates livingston 43-0 never getting even within fieldgoal range. lets add up 3 playoff games***********unheard of 134 to 17.could have been as much as 160-17.anybody,anywhere doing as well.12 yrs.in a row been to the playoffs,this one special,we finally have a great passing game to,and a defense that has prven they can play

amen to that. our boys go out there busting there butts every friday night and have done it well. they deserve a little respect from people. They go undefeated last year in district have only one loss this year and they advance to the fourth round of the playoffs and they are just now getting a little bit of support from the media. lumberton has had more support from them and they have done so much like.......yeah they havent done anything like dayton so people need to wake up cuz here dayton comes. nuff said.

This is a legitimate gripe....

The only 4A district the Houston media covers is the Texas City LaMarque district, and with the state championships out of that district you can understand that.  The Houston media really needs to concentrate on the 5A schools, and this is what they do.

I also totally understand us getting blacked out by Beaumont, we are not in their TV range and with satellite and cable we get the houston locals.

To be blacked out by the Enterprise is not right!

In Dayton we can get the Enterprise and they didn't even have a write up on us.

At least by being in 22-4A we do have channel 4, 6, and 12 at our home games so they can get the highlights of the visitor team back to the Beaumont area.

Many Bronco fans want to go back to 21-4A, if you are griping about the coverage now, we won't get ANY coverage if we are in that sorry district that hasn't won a first round playoff game in YEARS.

The geography of Dayton is just poor for coverage.

It's halfway between Houston and Beaumont, it's not a 5A school, and Houston is not growing to the northeast (yet)....

Barbers Hill will experience huge growth over the next decade.

After Barbers Hill fills up and becomes 5A, maybe the Houston sprawl will move into Dayton.

Until then, we get no coverage, unless we run off two or three years of playoff runs like this.

It is ashame, because the young men playing for the Broncos are AWEsome individuals.

The playmakers of this team, AJ, Greg, Ronnie, Ford, and John are really great athletes and are taking this success as good as you can expect a 17 or 18 year old can.

I am so glad I was able to influence them while they were in 8th grade, for them to remember ALWAYS BELIEVE is great.

This Dayton team has a great chance of getting to the big dance, that will only notch another state championship from the many state championships that 22-4A has won.  The last time a team made it all the way to the title game was in 99, hopefully Dayton can represent the district and go all the way and WIN the big game.

.....dont feel like you're the onle one's to not get any press from the "Beaumont Suprise". The first week the playoffs started, they had three high school articles and do you want to know which schools got the headlines? Give up? There were two articles on Lumberton and one on PN-G. Dont feel bad Dayton, "THe Suprise" is our home newspaper, and they didn't even cover the only Beaumont school (WB) to make the playoffs. Their coverage sucks! >:(

Dayton is not in Beaumont, so why should the Enterprise cover them, really?  I don't understand the lack of coverage of West Brook and I understand that gripe, but to cover Dayton?  I'm not taking anything away from Dayton but you guys have your own home town newspaper.  Just win it all and then you should get plenty of coverage.  No need to get so upset over lack of coverage in the newspaper.  The best thing you folks can do is to win and show them all.  Just my opinion, not trying to diss anyone or stir the pot, just think the complaint about lack of coverage in someone else's newspaper is uncalled for.

ok stangchain:then maybe the enterprise should remove their papers from liberty co.and maybe liberty co.folks should take their money & spend it in baytown since the "BAYTOWN SUN "gives us coverage besides "OBITUARIES".we are all  going to pass away sometime but not to often is uplifting news told.i think people from liberty co.should buy their autos,appliances,building materials,clothing,food at a area that supports their achievments.after all how would only 48,000 liberty co.residents hurt the beaumont economy.you can mess w/adults ,but most will get in your face when it comes to their kids,who are our future & will take us to ********who knows in today's hi-tech society.so get on the know before you sow.after all you reap what you sow.plant bad seed & bad you get.get it.

ok stangchain:then maybe the enterprise should remove their papers from liberty co.and maybe liberty co.folks should take their money & spend it in baytown since the "BAYTOWN SUN "gives us coverage besides "OBITUARIES".we are all  going to pass away sometime but not to often is uplifting news told.i think people from liberty co.should buy their autos,appliances,building materials,clothing,food at a area that supports their achievments.after all how would only 48,000 liberty co.residents hurt the beaumont economy.you can mess w/adults ,but most will get in your face when it comes to their kids,who are our future & will take us to ********who knows in today's hi-tech society.so get on the know before you sow.after all you reap what you sow.plant bad seed & bad you get.get it.

Huh?  Where did this "bad seed"  stuff come from?  No one is "messing with your kids".  I don't "get it", I guess. ??? ???

Dayton is not in Beaumont, so why should the Enterprise cover them, really?  I don't understand the lack of coverage of West Brook and I understand that gripe, but to cover Dayton?  I'm not taking anything away from Dayton but you guys have your own home town newspaper.  Just win it all and then you should get plenty of coverage.  No need to get so upset over lack of coverage in the newspaper.  The best thing you folks can do is to win and show them all.  Just my opinion, not trying to diss anyone or stir the pot, just think the complaint about lack of coverage in someone else's newspaper is uncalled for.

Why should the enterprise cover Dayton....

Because Dayton is representing 22-4A in the playoffs, and is now the only team east of the San Jacinto River still playing football, and the Enterprise does sell in Dayton.

I do understand KFDM and 4 and 12 not covering Dayton.

No one over here will be able to view their news, unless you have an antenna with more power.

For the Enterprise to drop us...

Looking at what they did to West Brook, it shouldn't be that shocking.

Just wondering....

Will SETX be broadcasting this game????

I am sure there would be some people in SETX listening to the game.

No one over here will be able to view their news, unless you have an antenna with more power.

Just wondering....

I hope they don't---they have not broadcast Dayton thus far---do us a favor and don't do it now---

The key word in this thread is RESPECT. All the years that I've attended Bronco games they have never been a team who have advanced with unsportsmanlike play. They aren't a high penalty team. They have been playing good ball and biding their time and earning/building that respect. They are due. Dayton is a small town, and much of the newspaper space is filled with football news.

I guess we will be changing districts again anyway, so we'll have new opponents. If we aren't in Beaumont's district, then we don't need to be in their newspaper.

Just wondering....

No because 99.9 does it.

No because 99.9 does it.

That is right. KSHN 99.9 has the rights to Dayton football games. They do their broadcasts on radio and web. I don't believe they would like it too much for us to do the game also.

I would be more than happy to do the game. I am going anyway to give some updates.

The Beaumont paper when I was there didn't have much on our own area teams so don't be offended I don't think it is anything against you, Broncos!  My dad is always complaining that they don't have such and such in there or Lumberton played so good and here they are on the fourth page with one little paragraph.  The beginning of the year I was telling my dad about the games from following them on here and I am 756 miles away but he would call me to find out how they did!  That ought to tell you something guys! 

We (KFDM) did not 'drop you like a bad habit'.  As someone stated earlier, Dayton is NOT in our viewing area.  Yes, they are in our local district, so it makes sense for us to cover them during the regular season as they are playing local teams.  Yes, we have shown their scores every week during the playoffs because they are in our local district and out of respect for their accomplishments.  No, we will not be doing feature stories or covering their playoff games with a photographer.  The reason?  No one in Dayton would see it!  Makes no sense.  The Sports Department has very limited resources as it is (you have NO idea), and when we have four teams in our viewing area playing, they get priority.  Plain and simple.  We will continue to follow the Broncos through the playoffs and wish them well, but they have the misfortune of being in 'no man's land' between Beaumont and Houston.  TV coverage will lack because of it.  Certainly not the kids' fault, but it's not our fault either.

well said pic and for what its worth the kids could care less who covers them from this area |!! its yall  adults and im being very nice to call you that|!! read your stupid comments for a moment and then come back and talk. maybe they will be more adult like. while the kids are playing yall need to pick up a hobby to much time to make stupid comments

well said pic and for what its worth the kids could care less who covers them from this area |!! its yall  adults and im being very nice to call you that|!! read your stupid comments for a moment and then come back and talk. maybe they will be more adult like. while the kids are playing yall need to pick up a hobby to much time to make stupid comments

no need for name-calling there, silly.....I think the point that was trying to be made was the lack of exposure and recognition of the teams still playing. True, Dayton is the ONLY local team still playing, and they deserve to get a little credit........I, for one, dont think our local newspaper does a very good job of bringing the stories that are worthy of printing. They still haven't printed the list of the 21-5A All District team, and we've been gone for a week. Give credit where credit's due, just leave the name calling and bad mouthing to your classmates, OK!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn