Lamar Baseball 2024

Reflection moment.  My father and I truly enjoyed this past season.  As 2 former high school coaches (1 good..him...and one subpar as noted by my screen name) we truly enjoy just watching quality baseball and this season definitely had it.  The experience in Hammond is one I will treasure as they do a great job with the tournament, Hammond is a neat town, and our alma matter battled and made it one heck of a ride. 

As someone that has been a faculty member or teaching fellow at 3 present/past SLC confernce schools and served on athletic advisory boards, be thankful for what you have in your President and AD at Lamar.  I visited with each a few times at games this season and got to know them a bit.  There is a definite effort to improve the facilty and especially the game day experience. The program is truly supported and it's nice to see each present at games so often. 

Thanks for an enjoyable experience to the players, coaches, fans, and all us smack talking characters on here. 

Good luck Nicholls and go get em next year Big Red!

I wish the same, however they will not take 2 from the SLC. The loss to the 8 seed UIW killed their chance, even though they gave a valiant effort after that loss.  My question is why have an end of the year tournament if the conference champion has no chance to go if they don’t win the tournament 

20 minutes ago, bp141103 said:

I missed it...what they say basically?

Discussed that they had the 2nd highest win total in college baseball and they should be in. Now, they did state in on an expanded format if I am interpreting things correctly.  

Talked about adding 8 teams.  Not sure how to do that with formatting.