Vidor 54 Silsbee 100/FINAL

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Anyone have a link for the game? 

Thanks 

As far as link, i thought the games were supposed to be on huddle but cant find that anywhere and its not showing up on the school you tube page either.  We left at the half.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Vidor 54 Silsbee 100/FINAL
1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

I just hope this snooze fest of a district doesn't have a negative impact on the Tigers come playoff time.

It shouldn't.  They know how to switch gears. 

Plus the other teams in the district have their moments from time to time.  Vidor for instance is a surprisingly good shooting team.  The Pirates shot very well tonight from the 3 pt line.  If they had an open look they connected with regularity.  I'd venture to say that the Tigers won't face better shooting until deep in the playoffs.  Of course there wasn't much else besides the shooting.  

And look how well LCM played last Friday.  The Tigers had an off night and Harris got in foul trouble early but still.  The Bears actually lead by a few points at the end of the first quarter and were still in the game almost until the end of the 3rd.  And the starters and important subs had to play the whole game.  

On 1/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Thru 8 district games, Silsbee is averaging 95.6 points a game and giving up 55 points a game. Averaging 40 point wins in district play.

Seems like they are doing what they should with the talent they have.

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Seems like they are doing what they should with the talent they have.

Exactly, doing what we should do with the talent we have and having played the games we have. Thing is, in the fourth quarter we're going to our bench, everyone is getting game experience that will help throughout the season and the ones to come. Also, we still have a Tiger in the den that hasn't made it on the floor yet, still waiting to see what this one brings us. TigerNation!!! 

23 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Exactly, doing what we should do with the talent we have and having played the games we have. Thing is, in the fourth quarter we're going to our bench, everyone is getting game experience that will help throughout the season and the ones to come. Also, we still have a Tiger in the den that hasn't made it on the floor yet, still waiting to see what this one brings us. TigerNation!!! 

Yep" if Johnson is going to play he should be coming this week.. Their isn't anything wrong with him and they done got their grades. So I" don't know any other reason why not..🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Who That said:

Yep" if Johnson is going to play he should be coming this week.. Their isn't anything wrong with him and they done got their grades. So I" don't know any other reason why not..🤷🏻‍♂️

It's a school discipline issue. He will not be available until first week of playoffs.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

yes

Wow, that is tough to read. He is a fine young man with great character! I can personally attest to that and how he has carried himself through the years. Everyone is capable of making a mistake I guess, but he really is a great kid. Sad that another big part of his season is being wasted. 

3 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Wow, that is tough to read. He is a fine young man with great character! I can personally attest to that and how he has carried himself through the years. Everyone is capable of making a mistake I guess, but he really is a great kid. Sad that another big part of his season is being wasted. 

I understand him to be a good kid. Just one of those bad decisions. School policies are school policies.

He will be fine.