Orangefield 46 Kountze 55/FINAL!

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Final stats

Score by quarters

1                 2                3                 4           F

OF            12               6                13              15          46

Kountze    16              9                  9               21          55

FT

OF           4/8      50%

Kountze   16/24  66%  (went 12/14 down the stretch and made last 8 FT)

3 Point

OF          6/20    33%

Kountze   3/20   15%

Rebounds

OF         30

Kountze   30

Turnovers

OF            28

Kountze    13

Fouls

OF          14

Kountze   10

I don't have the shooting percentages from the field for both teams but I would guess neither team shot better than 30% overall.

You can look at this game two ways. If Orangefield cuts down on turnovers they have a real good shot at winning this game. But, if Kountze would have converted on those turnovers by shooting the ball better, they probably win this game by 20+.

We appreciate you being there and the coverage of the game. I agree, either scenario could have taken place. Hats off to both teams for executing good game plans that made it difficult on each other and the battle it was supposed to be. In Orangefield's case our big 2 in Scales and Wrinkle did what they do and their percentages backed up who we all think they are. They just needed to take care of the ball better and get more help from other role players in the big games. We all look forward to running it back in Orangefield next time and hope officiating will be better as well.

Sells, Donald, Wrinkle & Scales all crossed each other out. It came down to the supporting cast and who was more big game ready. We believe in our boys as a team and that they will figure it out. I look forward to the next game being even better! 

OF -Stats.jpg

4 hours ago, Unbelievableee said:

Yeah that was OF chance to beat them last night. The Scales kid can BALL. Very impressed with him. But they have got to get more help from their supporting cast. 

Kountze by 25 next game 

Thank you very much for saying that sir!

21 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

When mistakes were made they hustled to get back on D. Bobcats understood their assignment, just came up a little short.

Sometimes. Of the turnovers, some were of the dead ball kind and not live ball turnovers. Kountze would have to inbound the ball which allowed Orangefield to get back on defense.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sometimes. Of the turnovers, some were of the dead ball kind and not live ball turnovers. Kountze would have to inbound the ball which allowed Orangefield to get back on defense.

Fair enough, I'm just saying that collectively as a team it was the best effort that I have seen from them on D all season. Especially with a deep high powered team like Kountze. We look forward to the rematch at home on Feb 9th.

3 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Fair enough, I'm just saying that collectively as a team it was the best effort that I have seen from them on D all season. Especially with a deep high powered team like Kountze. We look forward to the rematch at home on Feb 9th.

I agree that Orangefield played some inspired defense. Doug and I talked about this during the game. There was a reason as to why Kountze shot so poorly. Partly because the Bobcats closed out very well on the Lion shooters.