Huntsville (14) vs Port Neches-Groves (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

37 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Was that on the penalty drive for Huntsville?

Yes.  That was the guy that caught the fake field goal pass on 4th down.  He stepped out of bounds and was the first person to touch the ball. Line judge did not call it. 

4 hours ago, Eazy said:

Does it matter?

Not in the long run - But it highlights how bad the officiating was, not just on that drive, but perhaps throughout the game. The refs made a lot of calls against Huntsville too, and it made me think the refs were trying way too hard to make the game about them. They were inconsistent. 

On 12/2/2023 at 9:14 AM, prepballfan said:

Ty We sure were pulling for you. I went and watched you guys play for state way back in the 1998 with my grandfather (Lord Knows I miss him) in Nacogdoches. I thought is was Lufkin but so many years ago I guess it could have been Nac. Great Season Eagles looks like your trajectory is up. 

It was definitely Nac, we tore down the goalpost after the win and were banned from playing at Nac for about 10 years. lol

16 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

It was definitely Nac, we tore down the goalpost after the win and were banned from playing at Nac for about 10 years. lol

A vert special memory for me my grandfather took me to the game and Ive since lost him. He was a Silsbee graduate and really liked Newton. He lived at Sam Rayburn near Plum Ridge and went to a few Newton games. He was a standout on the 1943 and 44 Silsbee basketball teams. He had a scholarship to Lamar and then 82 years ago yesterday happened and they cancelled Lamar basketball because of the war. He never got to play in college. Anyways I digress. It is one of my fondest memories watching Newton win state.