#9 Kountze

#10 Orangefield

2A

#14 San Augustine

#19 Evadale

1A

#6 Brookeland

1 hour ago, PrairieMan said:

Crockett #25??? I don't think Crockett finishes in top 3 in District this year. Losing #2 will be a huge loss for them. 

These things have always been based more on the previous season than the upcoming one for some reason.  I would give the coaches a hard time but the college coaches are just as bad or worse. 

31 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

These things have always been based more on the previous season than the upcoming one for some reason.  I would give the coaches a hard time but the college coaches are just as bad or worse. 

I would agree with you, but curious as to how then they ranked a team that missed the playoffs last year over a district winner and a bunch of other teams that made deep runs into the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

In 4A they got Stafford and Randall ahead of BT Washington?  Interesting.

That is strange.  Did McDermott transfer?  He’s easily the second best player in the region behind Jared and honestly BTW will be better on some nights than last year with addition by subtraction (I.e., those nights when Lewis couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn - he was going to put up his 20 shots whether he was on or not).  

8 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

He is probably referring to Kountze and I imagine it’s based off what they have returning plus the showing they had at the TABC event this summer. 

I assumed it was Crockett because he was talking about how wild it is that they are ranked. I was actually impressed with where they ranked Kountze because it showed they actually did some homework past last season’s results.  They should be highest ranked team in district and maybe only the ones with EC. 

On 10/25/2023 at 8:53 AM, Kountzer said:

I am a big Jared fan, but if someone were to say McDermott is the #1 guy in region III I would not argue too much.

Always tough to compare a 2 to a 4 but I would agree its fairly close, especially for HS players.  I tend to prefer to put my stock in the guy who starts with the ball in his hands at all levels.  And while Chris will end up being a high major kid, he won't have as wide a choice as Jared had.  Does that mean much come playoff time when they are playing for championships?  Not really.  I expect Silsbee's road will include BTW along the way again, and hopefully this time with a better result.  Still going to be interesting to see what the roster will look like.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, PrairieMan said:

I would agree with you, but curious as to how then they ranked a team that missed the playoffs last year over a district winner and a bunch of other teams that made deep runs into the playoffs. 

Kountze brought in a really good player from West Brook, and Warren's best returning player from last year. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2023-24/Nov. 20
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2023-24/Nov. 27
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2023-24/Dec. 4
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to TABC State Rankings 2023-24/Dec. 11
On 10/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Here are this week's rankings.

This is the hidden content, please

Coverage area teams in these rankings:

6A

#1 Beaumont United

#13 Atascocita

#15 CE King