Jump to content

Orangefield (42) @ Buna (22) - FINAL


jdawg03

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Cat22 said:

I’ve never had an issue with Orangefield running the Slot T. I think it fits OF’s personnel  the best and this game proves my point. I would say OF and Buna have similar athletes but OF runs the Slot T and Buna runs the spread. Look how the game turned out! Like AAW said, Orangefield did dominate the line on both sides of the ball. As in this game if you don’t have to throw the ball why throw it. I think you will see OF open it up a little more in the future with the arm talent of the Freshman QB. 

I agree with the assessment, i think the lumps Orangefield took at the beginning of the season paid off.  The OL did improve and won the battle against an equally sized opponent. 

  However, as you stated, "As in this game if you don’t have to throw the ball why throw it", i believe this was the perfect opportunity wasted by not throwing the ball in the first half.  It's been my problem with this mindset since i've been here.  You should practice the Passing game when you are up in the game, not when you are down by 21 points with 5 minutes left in the game.  

This just Orangefield, I saw the Liberty Hill game vs PNG.  LH had 9 passing attempts the entire year (I almost fell out when I heard that) and they didn't start passing until the last 5 mins of the game and had 2 Picks in the first 3 passes.  Shame on them for not throwing the ball during the season to get that game time experience.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

I agree with the assessment, i think the lumps Orangefield took at the beginning of the season paid off.  The OL did improve and won the battle against an equally sized opponent. 

  However, as you stated, "As in this game if you don’t have to throw the ball why throw it", i believe this was the perfect opportunity wasted by not throwing the ball in the first half.  It's been my problem with this mindset since i've been here.  You should practice the Passing game when you are up in the game, not when you are down by 21 points with 5 minutes left in the game.  

This just Orangefield, I saw the Liberty Hill game vs PNG.  LH had 9 passing attempts the entire year (I almost fell out when I heard that) and they didn't start passing until the last 5 mins of the game and had 2 Picks in the first 3 passes.  Shame on them for not throwing the ball during the season to get that game time experience.

 

 

Yes, “shame on LH for not throwing” and “scoring more points than any team in 5A”. 
 

Coaches should be “ashamed”. Especially for “winning and making deep playoff runs for the last two decades”.

You should write them a letter. They would cherish your expertise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

I agree with the assessment, i think the lumps Orangefield took at the beginning of the season paid off.  The OL did improve and won the battle against an equally sized opponent. 

  However, as you stated, "As in this game if you don’t have to throw the ball why throw it", i believe this was the perfect opportunity wasted by not throwing the ball in the first half.  It's been my problem with this mindset since i've been here.  You should practice the Passing game when you are up in the game, not when you are down by 21 points with 5 minutes left in the game.  

This just Orangefield, I saw the Liberty Hill game vs PNG.  LH had 9 passing attempts the entire year (I almost fell out when I heard that) and they didn't start passing until the last 5 mins of the game and had 2 Picks in the first 3 passes.  Shame on them for not throwing the ball during the season to get that game time experience.

 

 

We have this issue in Bellville to… And it’s frustrating. We may have 4 pass attempts in 5 games this year… I get the why throw it when you don’t have to argument… but at some point you will need to and by then your asking a lot from your QB who has in the game maybe thrown the ball 8 times all season in a live game situation… I imagine it’s worked on in practice but it’s just not the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, “shame on LH for not throwing” and “scoring more points than any team in 5A”. 
 

Coaches should be “ashamed”. Especially for “winning and making deep playoff runs for the last two decades”.

You should write them a letter. They would cherish your expertise.

I think it’s a team by team thing… Liberty Hill’s track record speaks for itself and doesn’t have to explain anything lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

We have this issue in Bellville to… And it’s frustrating. We may have 4 pass attempts in 5 games this year… I get the why throw it when you don’t have to argument… but at some point you will need to and by then your asking a lot from your QB who has in the game maybe thrown the ball 8 times all season in a live game situation… I imagine it’s worked on in practice but it’s just not the same.

Definitely have “the same problem in Bellville” of “winning a lot of games” and “scoring a lot of points”. 
 

BV has one of the top coaches in the state. What kind of offense do the teams that lose to BV run?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Definitely have “the same problem in Bellville” of “winning a lot of games” and “scoring a lot of points”. 
 

BV has one of the top coaches in the state. What kind of offense do the teams that lose to BV run?

Lol I’m not complaining about the slot t in general I love it and Coach Rowe  lol All I’m saying is there will be a game rather in the playoffs or in the regular season where it may not hurt to have your QB prepared to throw the ball 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Lol I’m not complaining about the slot t in general I love it and Coach Rowe  lol All I’m saying is there will be a game rather in the playoffs or in the regular season where it may not hurt to have your QB prepared to throw the ball 

What he said. 
 

If your talking about being disrespectful cause of scoring too many points then what’s the difference between beating a team by 40 if you scored more running TD vs Passing TD. By your thoughts if you are ahead you should knee the ball as to not offend the other team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

What he said. 
 

If your talking about being disrespectful cause of scoring too many points then what’s the difference between beating a team by 40 if you scored more running TD vs Passing TD. By your thoughts if you are ahead you should knee the ball as to not offend the other team. 

???? Just pointing out the absurdity of your comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I think it’s a team by team thing… Liberty Hill’s track record speaks for itself and doesn’t have to explain anything lol

Yeah it amazes me some want to throw rocks at LH when they are having a RARE off year. What they do is not for everyone thats for sure but LH has been very, very successful with it. 95% of teams in TX would be envious of LH's program and accomplishments. They owe no one an apology!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    44,957
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    BBallfan01
    Newest Member
    BBallfan01
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...