My 3A-D1 District 9 Rankings

TrojanWarrior08

18 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

I still believe that Woodville, Diboll, and Coldspring will be battling it out for 1st.  If I’m honest, Woodville is the team to beat.  They looked really strong when I saw them in Diboll last season which Diboll won 21-14.  Could have gone either way.  I believe they returned a good bit.  Of course you have Coldspring who beat Diboll last year but I still left more impressed with Woodville’s capabilities.  

Palestine Westwood still has to prove they can actually be competitive against a true solid team.  They’ve had a couple weak opponents to start the season.  I believe Palmer will be the first true test to see where PW is this year.  The PW freshman QB will only get better and will be a fun one to watch.  Does he have the supporting cast? They’ve been at the bottom of the district last couple of seasons 

With what Diboll lost from graduation, it’s a toss up to where they land this year.  they’re not short of talent, just experience.  They get Coldspring and PW at home so maybe home field advantage gives them an edge  

I agree with the whole statement especially Diboll losing what they lost in graduation plus the next game Westwood will play... I'll try to see what info I can get out of that game Friday while watching our game against Hamshire-Fannett.

With Franklin in Diboll this week, you have to play mistake free and disciplined, that’s just to keep the score respectable, but to have a chance at winning, Franklin needs to have a few mistakes, more than a few miscues, for the Jacks to have a chance.   It would have to be an uncharacteristic night for them as that’s just not how they play.  Diboll usually plays Franklin tough and put together a good game plan, as everyone said already, just hoping for a clean injury free game 

On 9/4/2023 at 9:03 PM, jds82 said:

Nice write up. It would be great if district started up this week. Patience is not one of my strong suits. As mentioned before, this district should be fun to watch and my prayer is that each team continues throughout the season with minimal injuries and each team gives it their all! 

Great post!! Lol 😂 not mine either. I put my Coldspring football shirt out on Wednesday night. Lol 😂 I thought by putting it out, it would make Friday come on!! Good luck to your team

Let’s keep the conversation going.  These are this week’s results.  

Palestine Westwood 52

Palmer 44

PW was still questionable going into this game but this one raised some eyebrows. Their defense may be suspect so they may have to win by simply outscoring their opponents with what looks like a high powered offense 

no real surprises with the other scores 

Buna 24

Crockett 8

Orangefield 35

Shepherd 21

Liberty 17

Woodville 54

Diboll 13

Franklin 28

HF 30

Coldspring 8

Tarkington 37

Huntington 7

21 hours ago, jds82 said:

I’m not sold on Woodville at all. Their Defense is suspect and that’s an understatement. 2point conversions are atrocious and they make absolutely 0 adjustments on offense and defense so with that being said, this district is wide open. What say ye???

If you want a glimpse of the future of Woodville football you have to go back and watch the film of the playoff games against Cameron yoe, Rockdale, Grandview and Hitchcock. Woodville has had some amazing talent with more size and speed than what they have now. Franklin and Newton are good teams but not what they were.

23 hours ago, longball24 said:

If you want a glimpse of the future of Woodville football you have to go back and watch the film of the playoff games against Cameron yoe, Rockdale, Grandview and Hitchcock. Woodville has had some amazing talent with more size and speed than what they have now. Franklin and Newton are good teams but not what they were.

I agree this is one of the smaller teams but there's probably more team speed and athleticism on this team than all those years. There's probably at least 7 or 8 guys on this team that can go. Even the guys up front are very athletic and agile 

On 9/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, ballwatch said:

Let’s keep the conversation going.  These are this week’s results.  

Palestine Westwood 52

Palmer 44

PW was still questionable going into this game but this one raised some eyebrows. Their defense may be suspect so they may have to win by simply outscoring their opponents with what looks like a high powered offense 

no real surprises with the other scores 

Buna 24

Crockett 8

Orangefield 35

Shepherd 21

Liberty 17

Woodville 54

Diboll 13

Franklin 28

HF 30

Coldspring 8

Tarkington 37

Huntington 7

I will post up my thoughts in a few stay tuned.

12 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I agree this is one of the smaller teams but there's probably more team speed and athleticism on this team than all those years. There's probably at least 7 or 8 guys on this team that can go. Even the guys up front are very athletic and agile 

Sounds great, I will enjoy watching these guys at the college level. Who are some of the colleges looking at these kids.

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

Sounds great, I will enjoy watching these guys at the college level. Who are some of the colleges looking at these kids.

I don't know but I'm sure the majority will play somewhere if they want to. All the hype around highly recruited players is overated sometimes. There's always some real ballers who just aren't recruited as much just based off things like "size". Doesn't mean they're not good players though. 

On 9/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, longball24 said:

What makes you think they are not what they were based off week 1-3....

Size is great to have but it is not all it takes to go to the next level. Deuce Vaughn of the Dallas Cowboys is proof of that 5ft 5

If truly have speed and athleticism you can play at the next level.

To Lions comment Neither Franklin or Newton are as good as they once were they are young and make too many mistakes.  I don’t see either winning state this year. Next Year maybe.

7 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Size is great to have but it is not all it takes to go to the next level. Deuce Vaughn of the Dallas Cowboys is proof of that 5ft 5

If truly have speed and athleticism you can play at the next level.

To Lions comment Neither Franklin or Newton are as good as they once were they are young and make too many mistakes.  I don’t see either winning state this year. Next Year maybe.

Don't agree with this simply because we started slow last year as well. These early non district games are for fixing mistakes and everyone has only played 3 games at the most. Franklin brought back 5/5 last season and 6/6 this season so they weren't to young last season with less experience as you claim. All I'm going to say is I wouldn't wanna play us week 5.