Looking at 2023-2024

the other scenario is, for the last 20 years, nobody at the lower level (4a and below) has really bought into volleyball in south east texas.  thats why for the last two decades, hardin has been able to defeat anybody in volleyball really outside of barbers hill, who just has 1400 more students to chose from, right?  

but in the last 5 years or so, you have a handfull of kids from various communities who are starting to play so the level of comp is getting better, which there's proof in the pudding.  you will see it this year in hardins district.

3 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

See other thread about Hardin's coach. 

What about it ?   Did she announce her retirement publicly?  Everyone in Hardin has been informed that she was doing 1 to 2 more years, then finding a re-placement as she will enjoy retirement.   Did she go ahead and retire?

Just now, ExSportMom said:

How do you think the 4a District will do this season?

Unless something changes the local 4As will be the same. Huffman will win district 20, but New Caney West Fork will be in that district and coincidentally their head coach is the old Huffman coach who left before last season. I imagine they will be good. LCM or Bridge City will win district 19. Other than Huffman or New Caney I don’t see any of the local 4A teams going more than 2-3 rounds.

On 7/19/2023 at 7:45 AM, BBfan061 said:

Unless something changes the local 4As will be the same. Huffman will win district 20, but New Caney West Fork will be in that district and coincidentally their head coach is the old Huffman coach who left before last season. I imagine they will be good. LCM or Bridge City will win district 19. Other than Huffman or New Caney I don’t see any of the local 4A teams going more than 2-3 rounds.

New Caney WF will be freshman and sophomores only.    I still believe this program will be on the rise in both volleyball and basketball.  BC and Huffman will more than likely represent southeast texas at the 4a level, along side Liberty.

32 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

New Caney WF will be freshman and sophomores only.    I still believe this program will be on the rise in both volleyball and basketball.  BC and Huffman will more than likely represent southeast texas at the 4a level, along side Liberty.

Yeah I’d imagine New Caney WF will be 5A in a few years also. Huffman should make another run at the regional championship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, JimAdler said:

Hardin has "had a few girls playing club" for the last 10 + years but yes, that "GROUP" graduated and only two of the girls on varsity play club for xcel.  Well, one isn't quite on varsity, but by the time school starts, she will be in my opinion.  She's the best DS they have as a freshman and far more athletic/potential than anybody they have on the roster.

100% agree. I had to edit as I completely read the school wrong…

I'm interested to see how Tarkington looks going into Coach Kennedy's second year. His middle has put in a ton of work and I fully expect her to take District MVP honors. They return quite a few impact kids from last year and add a few from the lower ranks. I know one thing, these kids around here love Coach and I think he's got this program finally pointed back in the right direction. 

On 7/20/2023 at 8:27 AM, JimAdler said:

I think LCM and Vidor will surprise some people.  They both have New coaches and returning players.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:45 AM, ExSportMom said:

I think LCM and Vidor will surprise some people.  They both have New coaches and returning players.

I agree. I expect LCM to win district or come in 2nd to Vidor. I heard that BC lost their stud freshman to a injury and their senior setter graduated. They won't be as good as they were last year. 

10 minutes ago, MamaBear2001 said:

I agree. I expect LCM to win district or come in 2nd to Vidor. I heard that BC lost their stud freshman to a injury and their senior setter graduated. They won't be as good as they were last year. 

Yes...that is true.  Heard she will be back towards the end of District. Their powerhouse will be Demi Carter. I know BC only lost one Senior, so their whole team will be back.  How many are returning for LCM and Vidor?  Should be a fun season to watch between those three teams.

1 hour ago, ExSportMom said:

Yes...that is true.  Heard she will be back towards the end of District. Their powerhouse will be Demi Carter. I know BC only lost one Senior, so their whole team will be back.  How many are returning for LCM and Vidor?  Should be a fun season to watch between those three teams.

LCM lost 7 seniors but their JV was loaded. I don't think they will have trouble filling spots this year. The new coach (old BC coach l believe) will have them ready to play. 

• 2 weeks later...