All LaPorte home games will be played at BH Eagle Stadium this year

Bud Kilmer

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nice! 

LPISD does a new bond about every 9 years. It never raises our taxes, but allows us to keep some $$$ from recapture. LP residents pay millions every year in recapture due to the industry tax base.

The La Porte area is supposedly one of the fastest growing areas in GHA right now. Traffic is getting ridiculous for this small of a town with all the Port of Houston truck traffic and general growth.

18 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

LPISD does a new bond about every 9 years. It never raises our taxes, but allows us to keep some $$$ from recapture. LP residents pay millions every year in recapture due to the industry tax base.

The La Porte area is supposedly one of the fastest growing areas in GHA right now. Traffic is getting ridiculous for this small of a town with all the Port of Houston truck traffic and general growth.

Is that currently having an effect on enrollment at the HS level? 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is that currently having an effect on enrollment at the HS level? 

Not sure. I’ve wondered the same. The new subdivisions seem to be a lot of younger families. So, may not impact HS numbers for a while.

Have no idea how these younger people are affording the homes ($350-$500+) plus the cost of home/flood insurance now—if they can even get coverage. Don’t know about y’all over there, but unless you’re grandfathered in like us, you have few carriers that will insure & you have to get wind and hail separate from the state. It’s crazy.

Funny thing is, we usually do better during storms than much of the rest of GHA because of strict building/drainage codes. But, we get hammered as being a ‘bay’ community & still in Harris County with Houston that floods like everyone knows any time there’s a little sprinkle.

This is the hidden content, please

Really excited this morning! All three parts of LPISD Bond passed with overwhelming majorities of almost 75% and above. Read somewhere in the docs that the stadium will actually have MORE seats than 10,000. Maybe setting up for use for local school area districts PO use like some of the other new stadiums in the state? Not sure.

Anyway, many thanks to BH for allowing us to use y'all's stadium temporarily. I'm sure LP will return the favor in some way somehow.

On 5/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, navydawg31 said:

Granted it’s been some years since I been to yalls stadium. But what would you like to see different/ better? 

New restrooms, better speaker system, lights in front of stands is very odd, makes it dark in the stands. It’s really just small things, but bugs me. Lol. I’m just being picky honestly.

16 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

New restrooms, better speaker system, lights in front of stands is very odd, makes it dark in the stands. It’s really just small things, but bugs me. Lol. I’m just being picky honestly.

Sounds like a lot of minor quick fixes. Lights and speakers shouldn’t be to hard to do. A single summer project. 
bathrooms would be nice… if I’m not mistaken like I said it’s been some years but y’all just have 1 single concession stand right? In the end zone? 

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Sounds like a lot of minor quick fixes. Lights and speakers shouldn’t be to hard to do. A single summer project. 
bathrooms would be nice… if I’m not mistaken like I said it’s been some years but y’all just have 1 single concession stand right? In the end zone? 

They put a pop up small concession under home stands. If it rains, you’ll get wet under stands. Like I said, probably not a new stadium, but need some renovations would’ve probably been a better term.

• 4 weeks later...