2023 Rangers

18 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

The RANGERS are 5-11 in 1 run games. Gotta get that fixed or it will define the season.

Led 3-2 in the 8th then blew the game and the series. 

Back home to Arlington for a home stand against Detroit and that other team. I think we can regroup versus those 2 very well. 

A couple of tough losses there.  The bullpen blew one yesterday, but has been pretty exceptional the last month or so.  The losses have come at the hands of our starters, or leaving me in scoring position. That said, I’m more than happy to be in the position we’re in right now.  The rangers hit a little rough patch, but the stros have been even worse.  As long as the rangers don’t completely implode they should make the playoffs, and most likely win the division.   That lineup is pretty terrifying.  You have guys batting 7-8–9 that would be in the heart of a lot of lineups.  

28 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

A couple of tough losses there.  The bullpen blew one yesterday, but has been pretty exceptional the last month or so.  The losses have come at the hands of our starters, or leaving men in scoring position. That said, I’m more than happy to be in the position we’re in right now.  The rangers hit a little rough patch, but the stros have been even worse.  As long as the rangers don’t completely implode they should make the playoffs, and most likely win the division.   That lineup is pretty terrifying.  You have guys batting 7-8–9 that would be in the heart of a lot of lineups.  

That in bold makes me cringe every game. 

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Agree.  It’s cost us some lately now that they’re not scoring 10 every other game 

Like I've said previously I feel like we have to score double digit runs per game to win, if it's a close game I don't trust em. I understand what Bouchy said the other day about liking the close games cause you'll have them in the playoffs, but I rather them not be in that position in games if at all possible. 

From Shawn McFarland: 

The two things that have hampered the Rangers lately — timely hits and plate discipline — were the strengths tonight. 

Oh, how the scripts flip. Credit Josh Jung and Ezequiel Duran. 

“I think you saw two different teams from last night to tonight.”

This is the hidden content, please