FDIC Takes Control of Silicon Valley Bank After Its Collapse!

Reagan

3 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Don’t forget their savior and lord straight up abolished any oversight of the PPP program as well. Government bad.. etc etc, except when handing out literal free money. In which case, please gib me too

One more thing to not forget. Trump bucks didn’t impact inflation, but Biden bucks did. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Meh.... Both sides share responsibility for this one.  Trump definitely set it in motion, but but Biden hasn't done anything to curb it, other than spending even more money.  

Right. You’re not wrong, but also no one (with a brain) was actually counting on Biden / democrats to stop spending money. Whereas the other team is often touted as being the smart fiscal conservatives 

17 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Right. You’re not wrong, but also no one (with a brain) was actually counting on Biden / democrats to stop spending money. Whereas the other team is often touted as being the smart fiscal conservatives 

Son, the smart fiscal conservatives left the room a long, long time ago.  Except when it comes to the social safety nets, of course.

22 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Signature Bank boss hosted a company seminar on gender-neutral pronouns 'ze' and 'hir' five months before becoming the third largest bank failure in US history!  Go Woke -- Go Broke!

This is the hidden content, please

Do you ever have any original thought - without spending your entire days scouring the internet for articles that confirms your pre-existing beliefs, then copy pasting it here?

Some days I’m not even sure if you’re a real person or not.. 

49 minutes ago, Reagan said:

IN 2018, Silicon Valley Bank had 49 Billion dollars on deposit.  3 Years later, this same bank had more than 189 Billion dollars.  If this was an actual competent bank, how could you go bankrupt in such a short period of time with this amount of money?!

It’s Trumps fault! 😂🤣

57 minutes ago, Reagan said:

IN 2018, Silicon Valley Bank had 49 Billion dollars on deposit.  3 Years later, this same bank had more than 189 Billion dollars.  If this was an actual competent bank, how could you go bankrupt in such a short period of time with this amount of money?!

They gave out company bonuses the day they went under. 

SVB board of directors pumped millions of dollars into Democratic campaigns and causes.  1) Kate Mitchell:  Donated $50,000 to Hillarious Clinton's 2016 campaign.  2) Mary Miller:  Worked under obama in the Treasury Dept.  3) Garen Staglin:  Donated $135,000 to Democrats, including $79,000 to Clinton's Hillary fund.  SVB donated 73.45 Million dollars to BLM-related groups.  SVB, Signature Bank and Credit Suisse donated 1.2 Million dollars to the Democratic Party.   Rememeber, again -- only 1 board of director had any banking experience!  

Other than more proof of woke going broke, why else am I stating this?  Because this is why The Democrats wanted this fixed and fixed fast by securing all the deposits.  

Look, no secret that both banks were aligned with the Democratic party.  Understand, they are in Blue States with Democratic run regulatory regimes.  So, this is not a Republican problem and not created by President Trump!

These poorly managed banks failed because their deposit structure was not fundamental to what you'd do in a banking system!

52 minutes ago, Reagan said:

SVB board of directors pumped millions of dollars into Democratic campaigns and causes.  1) Kate Mitchell:  Donated $50,000 to Hillarious Clinton's 2016 campaign.  2) Mary Miller:  Worked under obama in the Treasury Dept.  3) Garen Staglin:  Donated $135,000 to Democrats, including $79,000 to Clinton's Hillary fund.  SVB donated 73.45 Million dollars to BLM-related groups.  SVB, Signature Bank and Credit Suisse donated 1.2 Million dollars to the Democratic Party.   Rememeber, again -- only 1 board of director had any banking experience!  

Other than more proof of woke going broke, why else am I stating this?  Because this is why The Democrats wanted this fixed and fixed fast by securing all the deposits.  

Look, no secret that both banks were aligned with the Democratic party.  Understand, they are in Blue States with Democratic run regulatory regimes.  So, this is not a Republican problem and not created by President Trump!

These poorly managed banks failed because their deposit structure was not fundamental to what you'd do in a banking system!

Careful, posting stuff like this invites fence riding know-it-alls to attempt a lame counter. 

42 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Dudes don’t even know how bonds work but come on here pretending to be finance and economics experts.. 😴😴

Once a duck, always a duck 

I'm never opposed to having anything I say corrected.  But it must be with facts and not opinions! 

33 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I'm never opposed to having anything I say corrected.  But it must be with facts and not opinions! 

Google any of the following terms -

“bond concepts 101”

”rising interest rate environment”

”bonds in rising interest rate environment”

”SVB treasuries”

”HTM vs MTM”

”bank run”

Use any source you want. You legitimately might learn something today. 

Or you could jump on Twitter and mindlessly scroll like any other day 

2 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Google any of the following terms -

“bond concepts 101”

”rising interest rate environment”

”bonds in rising interest rate environment”

”SVB treasuries”

”HTM vs MTM”

”bank run”

Use any source you want. You legitimately might learn something today. 

Or you could jump on Twitter and mindlessly scroll like any other day 

Oh, I understand everything you are saying.  I know how bonds fall when interest rates rise.  How  SVB invested in US Treasuries.  I get that.  Those people on the board is responsible for navigating through all of this.  This is not the first time this has happened.  But, since they have no experience, other than spewing wokeness, they didn't have a clue how to deal with it.  Every issue you laid out, well not really, but I got your point, all banks are subject to same market and governmental forces as SVB and Signature.  But, since all they cared about was wokeness, there's no surprise that they were the first two to fail.  

I haven't completely looked into the Signature bank board.  But, I do know that the sodomite ex Congressman Barney Frank, from "my boy lollipop" fame, is on the board.  He, like the ones on the SVB board, had no experience in banking.  But, he was on the House banking committee at one.  So, any sane person would conclude this was a payoff by Signature bank!

PS -- I have got nothing from Twitter...

40 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Oh, I understand everything you are saying.  I know how bonds fall when interest rates rise.  How  SVB invested in US Treasuries.  I get that.  Those people on the board is responsible for navigating through all of this.  This is not the first time this has happened.  But, since they have no experience, other than spewing wokeness, they didn't have a clue how to deal with it.  Every issue you laid out, well not really, but I got your point, all banks are subject to same market and governmental forces as SVB and Signature.  But, since all they cared about was wokeness, there's no surprise that they were the first two to fail.  

I haven't completely looked into the Signature bank board.  But, I do know that the sodomite ex Congressman Barney Frank, from "my boy lollipop" fame, is on the board.  He, like the ones on the SVB board, had no experience in banking.  But, he was on the House banking committee at one.  So, any sane person would conclude this was a payoff by Signature bank!

PS -- I have got nothing from Twitter...

buying long-dated treasuries at the literal worst time ever.. doesn’t make them woke. It makes them greedy idiots, the opposite of woke. No one forced them to do it but they wanted to squeeze every ounce of profitability possible. Again, opposite of woke.

Let’s stop trying to make something political when it’s not 

13 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

buying long-dated treasuries at the literal worst time ever.. doesn’t make them woke. It makes them greedy idiots, the opposite of woke. No one forced them to do it but they wanted to squeeze every ounce of profitability possible. Again, opposite of woke.

Let’s stop trying to make something political when it’s not 

I agree, it's not a case of wokeness. It's a case of stupidity, mismanagement, lack of diversification (not the woke kind...the portfolio kind) and a crappy economy.