3/3/23, United vs. Katy Jordan Regional Semifimal

9 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

United by 20+

I don't see a lot of strong wins on Jordan's resume besides maybe Arlington Martin.

Speaking of which....

Just saw where Lake Highlands almost lost to Arlington Martin. Martin only had 5 players playing due to a bench clearing brawl in the previous game. I'd say they're very beatable when the time comes.

5 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Speaking of which....

Just saw where Lake Highlands almost lost to Arlington Martin. Martin only had 5 players playing due to a bench clearing brawl in the previous game. I'd say they're very beatable when the time comes.

Martin had 5 varsity mainstays, not 5 players. The rest were move ups, and they played some defense tonight. I just seen the highlights. 

14 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Speaking of which....

Just saw a clip of this fight.

This is the hidden content, please

Wasn't much of a brawl. Just two kids traded punches. Rule are rules, I guess, but I sorta feel bad for Martin going down like that.

Anyways, only thing standing in BU's way of a three peat is BU. I'm sure Coach Green will have them ready every game and not let that happen though.

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

Just saw a clip of this fight.

This is the hidden content, please

Wasn't much of a brawl. Just two kids traded punches. Rule are rules, I guess, but I sorta feel bad for Martin going down like that.

Anyways, only thing standing in BU's way of a three peat is BU. I'm sure Coach Green will have them ready every game and not let that happen though.

You seen only 2 players from Lewisville got ejected? Seemed like a set up to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 2/28/2023 at 10:24 PM, Tigers94 said:

Speaking of which....

I think you guys are severely underestimating Lake Highlands, here’s a few things to note:

For starters basketball in the DFW is 10x better than in the Houston/SETX area. With that being said LH has played much stiffer competition than BU in the regular season & in the playoffs up until this point. Plano East finished the season ranked #11 & Arlington Martin finished the season ranked #5. Having watched both games neither team is a slouch. Compare these teams to region 3 (which is really weak this year) & you'll understand the disparity in the playoff game scores between LH & BU.

Let’s put some context around the LH/Arlington Martin game shall we, this same Arlington Martin team put LH out the playoffs last year. Martin came out & executed a great game plan (one I think BU needs to steal) by running the 4 corners/stall ball offense the entire game which forced the 6’8 kid to come out & guard one of their better players and they abused that match up all game essentially forcing the coach to take him out the game. This strategy helped reduce the height advantage LH had on AM and shorten the game with them only having 5 varsity players. Brilliant coaching & game plan by AM’s staff, which ultimately gave them the best chance to win in-which they almost did. Also Martin is probably more talented than any team BU will face in Region 3 (they have a 4 star guard going to UH). 

Now let’s talk about how BU matches up with LH:

LH has what BU hasn’t seen on its 3 year run & that’s a legit PRO! Tra Johnson is the #1 player in his class and will be a one and done college player. Kid is supremely skilled and can fill it up efficiently at all three levels. Couple that with a 6’8 big who's signed to Yale and wrecks havoc down low! He’s a force in the paint rebounding, blocking shots, catching lobs etc. LH definitely has the advantage in the size department. Also LH have some really good role players surrounding these two which makes them a very formidable opponent.

I think BU has the advantage when it comes to defense, physicality & athleticism. Also you can limit Johnson if you get physical with him, I’ve seen him struggle with players that are physical with him because he isn’t very strong. But idk if this is a team BU should try to get up and down with simply because Johnson is just too dynamic for that, although slowing the game down isn’t really in Green’s nature I believe it gives BU the best chance to 3 peat if they see LH.

4 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I think you guys are severely underestimating Lake Highlands, here’s a few things to note:

For starters basketball in the DFW is 10x better than in the Houston/SETX area. With that being said LH has played much stiffer competition than BU in the regular season & in the playoffs up until this point. Plano East finished the season ranked #11 & Arlington Martin finished the season ranked #5. Having watched both games neither team is a slouch. Compare these teams to region 3 (which is really weak this year) & you'll understand the disparity in the playoff game scores between LH & BU.

Let’s put some context around the LH/Arlington Martin game shall we, this same Arlington Martin team put LH out the playoffs last year. Martin came out & executed a great game plan (one I think BU needs to steal) by running the 4 corners/stall ball offense the entire game which forced the 6’8 kid to come out & guard one of their better players and they abused that match up all game essentially forcing the coach to take him out the game. This strategy helped reduce the height advantage LH had on AM and shorten the game with them only having 5 varsity players. Brilliant coaching & game plan by AM’s staff, which ultimately gave them the best chance to win in-which they almost did. Also Martin is probably more talented than any team BU will face in Region 3 (they have a 4 star guard going to UH). 

Now let’s talk about how BU matches up with LH:

LH has what BU hasn’t seen on its 3 year run & that’s a legit PRO! Tra Johnson is the #1 player in his class and will be a one and done college player. Kid is supremely skilled and can fill it up efficiently at all three levels. Couple that with a 6’8 big who's signed to Yale and wrecks havoc down low! He’s a force in the paint rebounding, blocking shots, catching lobs etc. LH definitely has the advantage in the size department. Also LH have some really good role players surrounding these two which makes them a very formidable opponent.

I think BU has the advantage when it comes to defense, physicality & athleticism. Also you can limit Johnson if you get physical with him, I’ve seen him struggle with players that are physical with him because he isn’t very strong. But idk if this is a team BU should try to get up and down with simply because Johnson is just too dynamic for that, although slowing the game down isn’t really in Green’s nature I believe it gives BU the best chance to 3 peat if they see LH.

Think what you want, he's pretty much right on this. 

2 minutes ago, ThaGod409 said:

I think he was wrong on one thing about BU have not seen a “legit pro” terio morris may not be one & done but he’s most definitely THAT!

Legit Pros don’t go to universities & ride the bench…Morris will be a multi year college player! It’s levels my brother, BU ain’t seen a talent like Tra Johnson.