3/3/23, United vs. Katy Jordan Regional Semifimal

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why are we even talking about LH?  We’re trying to get past this weekend.  I’m sure LH as well.  Non of these teams teams are thinking about each other.

Exactly LH is barely getting through their own region lol   Tre Johnson is the real deal but other than that the rest of the team is average players. 

22 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

Exactly LH is barely getting through their own region lol   Tre Johnson is the real deal but other than that the rest of the team is average players. 

Yeah let’s pretend like Region 2 isn’t the best basketball region in the state lol also LH has a guard (Quinton Perkins) avg 25 a game during the playoffs 

3 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

And the 6’9” cat that just catches alleys and has limited offensive game lol 

I’d take Dotson over Perkins any day of the week. Experience in big games factor 

4 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I think you guys are severely underestimating Lake Highlands, here’s a few things to note:

For starters basketball in the DFW is 10x better than in the Houston/SETX area. With that being said LH has played much stiffer competition than BU in the regular season & in the playoffs up until this point. Plano East finished the season ranked #11 & Arlington Martin finished the season ranked #5. Having watched both games neither team is a slouch. Compare these teams to region 3 (which is really weak this year) & you'll understand the disparity in the playoff game scores between LH & BU.

Let’s put some context around the LH/Arlington Martin game shall we, this same Arlington Martin team put LH out the playoffs last year. Martin came out & executed a great game plan (one I think BU needs to steal) by running the 4 corners/stall ball offense the entire game which forced the 6’8 kid to come out & guard one of their better players and they abused that match up all game essentially forcing the coach to take him out the game. This strategy helped reduce the height advantage LH had on AM and shorten the game with them only having 5 varsity players. Brilliant coaching & game plan by AM’s staff, which ultimately gave them the best chance to win in-which they almost did. Also Martin is probably more talented than any team BU will face in Region 3 (they have a 4 star guard going to UH). 

Now let’s talk about how BU matches up with LH:

LH has what BU hasn’t seen on its 3 year run & that’s a legit PRO! Tra Johnson is the #1 player in his class and will be a one and done college player. Kid is supremely skilled and can fill it up efficiently at all three levels. Couple that with a 6’8 big who's signed to Yale and wrecks havoc down low! He’s a force in the paint rebounding, blocking shots, catching lobs etc. LH definitely has the advantage in the size department. Also LH have some really good role players surrounding these two which makes them a very formidable opponent.

I think BU has the advantage when it comes to defense, physicality & athleticism. Also you can limit Johnson if you get physical with him, I’ve seen him struggle with players that are physical with him because he isn’t very strong. But idk if this is a team BU should try to get up and down with simply because Johnson is just too dynamic for that, although slowing the game down isn’t really in Green’s nature I believe it gives BU the best chance to 3 peat if they see LH.

He’s committed not signed. And has wayyy better offers (athletics wise) than Yale

This is the hidden content, please

2 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

And the 6’9” cat that just catches alleys and has limited offensive game lol 

I’d take Dotson over Perkins any day of the week. Experience in big games factor 

Have you paid attention to basketball lately? Bigs aren’t required to have offensive game anymore bro they want athletic bigs at the next level who can rim run, block shots & rebound. Which he checks all those boxes and is more than equipped to have a major impact on a HS basketball game. We gotta let the hometown bias go and be able to analyze the game with an unbiased opinion.

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Have you paid attention to basketball lately? Bigs aren’t required to have offensive game anymore bro they want athletic bigs at the next level who can rim run, block shots & rebound. Which he checks all those boxes and is more than equipped to have a major impact on a HS basketball game. We gotta let the hometown bias go and be able to analyze the game with an unbiased opinion.

I’ve paid close attention to basketball for several years and I made no mention of front court player requirements. I did however state a fact that the player in mention (Aletan) is limited offensively. In addition I corrected your comment of him being signed to Yale. He has power 5 offers. You would know this if you click on the link. Reading is fundamental my man 

6 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

I’ve paid close attention to basketball for several years and I made no mention of front court player requirements. I did however state a fact that the player in mention (Aletan) is limited offensively. In addition I corrected your comment of him being signed to Yale. He has power 5 offers. You would know this if you click on the link. Reading is fundamental my man 

Not sure how him being signed or committed to a school has anything to do with what I mentioned. And he’s not limited offensively he does what most modern day bigs do rebound, defend, catch lobs & block shots. Hence why he’s a D1 prospect

2 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Just Win,

Katy Jordan isn't here because they're bad. At a certain point anyone can be beat if you have an off game and they have the game of a life time 

Absolutely just watched Unranked 6A Clear Clear Falls beat #3 Seven Lakes 83-70