4A #5 Houston Washington 68 #4 Houston Furr 67 OT

BADSANTA

3 minutes ago, TexasBoy89 said:

Didn’t Furr win the first matchup?

By 1 point.  These two are about as close as you can get.

Barring upset it looks like the Tigers will face 4 of 6 good teams depending on which ends up winning their districts.  

Round 2 Jacksonville or Bullard

Round 3 HJ or HF or Bullard or Jacksonville

Region Semi  Furr or Washington

Region Final Furr or Washington.  

Jacksonville is not ranked but they just beat 12th ranked Bullard on Tuesday by 17 points so I call them a good team.

Jacksonville and Bullard are tied at 6-1 in District 18.  Washington and Furr are tied at 12-1 in District 21.  HJ is in the drivers seat in 20 with a one game lead over HF and the rematch at home.

7 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Barring upset it looks like the Tigers will face 4 of 6 good teams depending on which ends up winning their districts.  

Jacksonville is not ranked but they just beat 12th ranked Bullard on Tuesday by 17 points so I call them a good team.

Jacksonville and Bullard are tied at 6-1 in District 18.  Washington and Furr are tied at 12-1 in District 21.  HJ is in the drivers seat in 20 with a one game lead over HF and the rematch at home.

Line em up!

8 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Man I am way out of touch with East Texas.  When did Jacksonville drop to 4A?  (Please don’t tell me 10 years ago.)

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Man I am way out of touch with East Texas.  When did Jacksonville drop to 4A?  (Please don’t tell me 10 years ago.)

This year.

They are pretty solid. Got a post and a wing player that will cause some trouble. I just don't think they see pressure up that way like what they will see from Silsbee.

Bullard is pretty good too. Split district games with Jacksonville. I see Jacksonville winning the rubber match.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This year.

They are pretty solid. Got a post and a wing player that will cause some trouble. I just don't think they see pressure up that way like what they will see from Silsbee.

Bullard is pretty good too. Split district games with Jacksonville. I see Jacksonville winning the rubber match.

Jacksonville played Lufkin pretty close earlier in the season. Decent shooters and good size. Id still take by 15. 

Jacksonville just broke into the top 25 at No. 16.  This must be on account of their win last Tuesday over Bullard.  Quite a leap from unranked to 16.  Bullard dropped to 17.  I was going to comment that Jacksonville could be the sleeper in Region 3 but I guess a No. 16 is not much of a sleeper.  Anyway I can see them winning their district and making it to Region if they do.  They won't play anybody ranked higher than they before Region.  

They play Madisonville tomorrow.  In their first meeting Madisonville gave them a scare in a 1 point game.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Jacksonville just broke into the top 25 at No. 16.  This must be on account of their win last Tuesday over Bullard.  Quite a leap from unranked to 16.  Bullard dropped to 17.  I was going to comment that Jacksonville could be the sleeper in Region 3 but I guess a No. 16 is not much of a sleeper.  Anyway I can see them winning their district and making it to Region if they do.  They won't play anybody ranked higher than they before Region.  

They play Madisonville tomorrow.  In their first meeting Madisonville gave them a scare in a 1 point game.

Wouldn't they see Silsbee in round 2 or 3?