Port Arthur Memorial 52 6A #2 Beaumont United 58/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Port Arthur Memorial 52 6A #2 Beaumont United 58/FINAL

This game was very interesting and entertaining to say the least.  Tale of two halfs here.  BU was red hot from 3 in the first half then PA was lights out in the second half.  Started off pretty much looking like we were the aggressors.  Even went in a big run at the beginning of the 3rd period and went up by 20.  Then #4 from PA got hot and got them eventually back in the game down by 3.  Key free throws late helped BU squeak by.  This PA team is GOOD.  Some questionable substitutions late for them,  it ohh well.  Pretty good crowd.  Enjoyed the back and forth with the PA guys.  All in love though.  They chanted overrated and our crowd pointed to the back to back banners.  They brought up football and we brought up head to head matchups and so forth.  

All that aside, I don’t understand how this team was only able to put up 27 points the night before against the Ant Mound.  

And for the love of me, I don’t know why the PA guards on fast breaks were not dishing to a slashing high flyer, Jones, instead of forcing tough layups in traffic.  I saw at least 5 opportunities where it could’ve been like 5 easy dunks for this kid.  Work on stuff like this and I see PA not losing another district game.  

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game was very interesting and entertaining to say the least.  Tale of two halfs here.  BU was red hot from 3 in the first half then PA was lights out in the second half.  Started off pretty much looking like we were the aggressors.  Even went in a big run at the beginning of the 3rd period and went up by 20.  Then #4 from PA got hot and got them eventually back in the game down by 3.  Key free throws late helped BU squeak by.  This PA team is GOOD.  Some questionable substitutions late for them,  it ohh well.  Pretty good crowd.  Enjoyed the back and forth with the PA guys.  All in love though.  They chanted overrated and our crowd pointed to the back to back banners.  They brought up football and we brought up head to head matchups and so forth.  

All that aside, I don’t understand how this team was only able to put up 27 points the night before against the Ant Mound.  

And for the love of me, I don’t know why the PA guards on fast breaks were not dishing to a slashing high flyer, Jones, instead of forcing tough layups in traffic.  I saw at least 5 opportunities where it could’ve been like 5 easy dunks for this kid.  Work on stuff like this and I see PA not losing another district game.  

The Ant Mound is pretty good this year.   That is why they only scored 27.   Statement could be made that how did the Ant Mound only score 37 points.

8 minutes ago, oldman said:

The Ant Mound is pretty good this year.   That is why they only scored 27.   Statement could be made that how did the Ant Mound only score 37 points.

True. Good D by Memorial. I think it'll be a different outcome when they play in PA. 

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Substituting offense for defense and vice versa isn't questionable, maybe questionable to fans in the stands who don't understand close late game situations and trust me I know both fanbases had a few of those ppl in the stands last night at Pear Orchard.