Jan 6 Witch Hunt Committee Finally Abruptly Cancelled!

Reagan

Why was it abruptly cancelled?  Because there would not be any networks there.  Meaning?  There would not be any TV Cameras there!   If this Jan 6 committee were not a total shame -- then why would cameras not being there make a difference?  Monmouth Poll stated 89% of the people polled said the Jan 6 hearings did not change their minds!   

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Why was it abruptly cancelled?  Because there would not be any networks there.  Meaning?  There would not be any TV Cameras there!   If this Jan 6 committee were not a total shame -- then why would cameras not being there make a difference?  Monmouth Poll stated 89% of the people polled said the Jan 6 hearings did not change their minds!   

Big Girl and Cardinal Backer will be upset. 

“Where’s there is smoke, there is a democrat”

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

Cancelled due to no evidence?  Liz Cheney might as well switch parties, just as Romney should do, and what McCain should have done!

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Sound Familiar?

I came up with a saying several years ago and have repeated it many times including in this forum. It was not about politics but about rumors in general but it seems appropriate after watching this video.

“Say something once and it’s a rumor. Say it twice and it’s a fact.”

I can guarantee and have tested it.  If a person says “I think”, “I thought”, “I heard”, etc., the moment someone repeats it, it changes. The person repeating the story won’t say, “tvc thinks he might have heard something that may or may not be true”. Nope, I will simply be “I heard” or”tvc told me that he knows…”.

Rush Limbaugh used to say, if you want someone to believe something, keep repeating it. His example was, if the talking heads kept repeating that we have too much concrete, it will not be long before people start protesting against concrete.

I have probably given this example before in this forum but again…

Be changing of police chiefs is always a big deal at police agencies. it is not merely like getting another supervisor while working at a retail outlet. Obviously a different boss in any job might bring changes but police work I believe is a different animal altogether. With that in mind…

One of my police chiefs announced that he was retiring.  Typically the next highest ranking officer is named immediately as the acting chief.

That might last until a new chief is named or sometimes an interim chief is named. At times though, a city may look outside for an interim chief to fill in until a new chief was hired.

So as the clock ticked toward out chief’s announced retirement date, all of the officers (over 100) were full of speculation, guessing, discussions on which way the department might be heading, etc.

At the time I was a supervisor and one day was the shift commander or the highest ranking officer on duty. Basically I was in charge of the city and all responses. That and $9 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbuck’s. 🤪

So…. during my shift meeting, as it was concluding and as about 12 officers were about to go on patrol, I asked a question that I formulated on a whim about 30 seconds earlier.

ME: “Have any of you heard the rumor that the assistant chief of police in Amarillo was taking a leave of absence from his department and was going to be named our chief tomorrow or the next day?”.

Of course they all said no. Why not I just made it up. My response was, “Okay, it is typical police BS so and nonsense. Forget I even mentioned it”.

Off they went on patrol.

The next day another supervisor/lieutenant asked me when the new interim chief from Amarillo was going to be here. Everybody says you (me) have the inside scoop and that he will be here any day.

And that my friends, is how rumors and politics works.

All rumors aren’t false but if you want to make someone believe something, just repeat it.

January 6 was an insurrection, etc. 

• 7 months later...

Here is a simple truth about January 6: 

Law enforcement did not use the intercom system inside the Capitol to tell people  were breaking the law and should leave.

They also did not use the loudspeaker system outside the Capitol to tell people not to enter. 

The first time those systems were used acc to police was around 6pm when they ordered people to disperse for the first time. 

And they did as they were told.

This is confirmed in court records, discovery documents, official testiony & eyewitness accounts etc. It does not appear to be in dispute.