Anahauc vs East Chambers “Swamp Bowl “

APanthers

FWIW, all of you they are bragging on the burger would likely agree...this place is much more than a burger joint.  Wonderful seafood, oysters cooked in 6 different styles (if still on the menu), quality steaks, etc.   Grab the burger before the game, but go back and hang one day while exploring menu.  I know people that rank it above well known seafood places in the BPA area. 

Enjoy the game folks!

13 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

FWIW, all of you they are bragging on the burger would likely agree...this place is much more than a burger joint.  Wonderful seafood, oysters cooked in 6 different styles (if still on the menu), quality steaks, etc.   Grab the burger before the game, but go back and hang one day while exploring menu.  I know people that rank it above well known seafood places in the BPA area. 

Enjoy the game folks!

I don't do burgers when there is seafood available no matter how good the burger.

Also, unless it's a burger joint, I normally don't get a burger my first time at an eating establishment. Can get a burger just about everywhere. I want to get a something special. Can get the burger the 3rd or 4th time visiting.

Definitely doing the oyster thing tonight (can eat my weight in raw oysters). Probably try the seafood platter.

If it's as good as folks are saying, I may have to sit in press box for the game instead of standing on the sidelines.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I don't do burgers when there is seafood available no matter how good the burger.

Also, unless it's a burger joint, I normally don't get a burger my first time at an eating establishment. Can get a burger just about everywhere. I want to get a something special. Can get the burger the 3rd or 4th time visiting.

Definitely doing the oyster thing tonight (can eat my weight in raw oysters). Probably try the seafood platter.

If it's as good as folks are saying, I may have to sit in press box for the game instead of standing on the sidelines.

You can't go wrong with the seafood platter.  We want reviews after the game.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, ECFan1_4Real said:

Hate to agree with a Panther but probably right. I'd say AP by 3 scores. EC may have looked okay in their first 2 district games, but being against inferior opponents I would not say they will put up much of a fight. Anahuac picked them for Homecoming for a reason. Talent is on the way to replace this senior and junior class's lack of talent. Still love my Bucs!

Called it. 45-20 FINAL. Good game panthers but without bad officials it’s tighter, but definitely the better team. Offense can’t do anything with defensive turnovers or stops, AGAIN. Maybe the offense is the problem/worry. 

Anyone know the health of #6 from EC? He looked so slow and soft running the ball. Might still be hurt. 

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well how was the food ?

Just now, AP_5309 said:

Well how was the food ?

Good. Disappointed that they don't do raw oysters. Just grilled and fried. Also I ordered the seafood platter and it doesn't come with fried oysters. Double bummer. Platter was ok, nothing really special about it. Just fried shrimp, fried fish and fried crawfish tails with some fried jalapenos. No crab, stuffed shrimp or oysters or gumbo. But what was on it was tasty and had plenty of food, couldn't eat it all. Ok priced. Maybe a little more than I expected for what was on it.

Beer was nice and cold. I am a sucker for draft beer and they had plenty to choose from.

I'll have to go back and try one of the burgers.

Right now I give it a solid B.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Good. Disappointed that they don't do raw oysters. Just grilled and fried. Also I ordered the seafood platter and it doesn't come with fried oysters. Double bummer. Platter was ok, nothing really special about it. Just fried shrimp, fried fish and fried crawfish tails with some fried jalapenos. No crab, stuffed shrimp or oysters or gumbo. But what was on it was tasty and had plenty of food, couldn't eat it all. Ok priced. Maybe a little more than I expected for what was on it.

Beer was nice and cold. I am a sucker for draft beer and they had plenty to choose from.

Once oyster season opens November 1 they should have a full menu on oysters 

oysters are kinda limited they closed the season after a few weeks of it opening last year just the private leases was producing to meet the demand 

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Now, you know why I say "pimpin burger" is choice A on the menu.  Yes, I know you had to try the seafood, but its second tier to the burger they do up.  Sure was glad to see AP give EC all they wanted and some.

6 hours ago, AP_5309 said:

Once oyster season opens November 1 they should have a full menu on oysters 

oysters are kinda limited they closed the season after a few weeks of it opening last year just the private leases was producing to meet the demand 

I was at ACME Oyster House in Baton Rouge this summer and they, unbelievably, were "out of oysters". Plenty of great seafood there but you were OOL if you actually wanted oysters. Female waiter told us it was due to a number of factors, especially crazy high diesel fuel prices. (Bidenflation).

Hope they are back in the oyster business by now. Check 'em out.

This is the hidden content, please