Earl Thomas house in orange caught fire ! The house is a total loss ! He is safe !!

lcm93

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I pray it doesn't get worse for him. Hate to see him so lost.

Someone said that was the largest value property loss in the history of Orange. 

Appraised Value: $973,633

According to news reports and comments (neither of which means anything), he was supposedly there when the fire department arrived, then left possibly with a relative. The sheriff department had to get a search warrant to search for  the property because consent could not be obtained since Thomas hasn’t been seen since.

Assuming that is true, it is strange.

I say “assuming” and “according to news” because rumors take on a life of their own. “I heard” when it is retold becomes, “this absolutely happened”.

An example is someone reading this comment by me and then saying, Thomas left immediately upon the fire department arriving. No, I heard that but it might be completely false. Maybe he didn’t leave. Maybe he was never there and someone speculated that  he might have left and when it was retold…… it becomes a “fact” that he was there and left (or worse, fled) the scene.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'll say it since it's my thoughts: Earl or that batshit crazy girl burnt it down 

In know that I am viewing it from spending almost 4 decades as a police officer but it does seem strange if he left quickly. 

I have been to many house fires, some in which the homes were totally destroyed, and don’t recall seeing homeowner or resident just leave. Like, “Okay, every thing I worked for and all of my memories are gone… see y’all later”.

I remember a house fire in the west side of PA where a woman’s home was destroyed. There were flames coming out of the windows on all sides. The term “totally engulfed” was appropriate. When the woman came home and saw the ongoing destruction, she was  understandably extremely emotional and wanted to get into the house. I think she had a dog inside.

She would have been seriously injured or killed if she had gotten within about 15 feet from the house yet she was beating on me trying to break free to run into the home. I just held onto her, telling a younger officer with me not to hit her back because she was swinging  but just emotional. Instinctively you want to knock the crap out of someone hitting you.  She finally and probably fortunately passed out and we called EMS for her.

That is the kind of reaction a person might expect.  Everyone handles things differently though.