2022 LAMAR FOOTBALL

KF89

O’Malley is a clown. Simple as that. If he passed on Svoboda he needs to be terminated immediately. Too bad the President of Lamar came from Marshall and hired his buddy to be the AD. All types of collusion going on in this university with no intention of winning in mind. 

1 hour ago, BlueOwl said:

O’Malley is a clown. Simple as that. If he passed on Svoboda he needs to be terminated immediately. Too bad the President of Lamar came from Marshall and hired his buddy to be the AD. All types of collusion going on in this university with no intention of winning in mind. 

When something out of the ordinary takes place like this, one must wonder if there is a connection between the new hire and the AD? If there is, that might explain a lot!  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

When something out of the ordinary takes place like this, one must wonder if there is a connection between the new hire and the AD? If there is, that might explain a lot!  

That's the same thing I was thinking!! We hardly agree, but +1 on that. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 7:03 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Former Port Arthur Memorial QB/University of New Mexico WR Jah'mar Sanders just committed to LU. 

He originally committed to LU during his SR year at MHS. 

Good news. He would have been better off at LU in the first place. UNM is a diaper fire right now. If the Cards and Lobos played right now, I don't think either school would win. I really don't. 

I've told people here in Albuquerque that the Lobos should drop down to the FCS level in football and either rejoin the WAC or join the Big Sky conference. It's a really difficult place to recruit to that might produce an NFL prospect every five years. There are a few decent high school players, but most of them go out of state to play college ball. 

They average around 15K for home attendance and that seems high. Most of the games I've been to drew less than 10K. They need to do something to get butts in the seats. Being competitive at the FCS level would make a difference. 

18 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I've told people here in Albuquerque that the Lobos should drop down to the FCS level in football and either rejoin the WAC or join the Big Sky conference. It's a really difficult place to recruit to that might produce an NFL prospect every five years. There are a few decent high school players, but most of them go out of state to play college ball. 

They average around 15K for home attendance and that seems high. Most of the games I've been to drew less than 10K. They need to do something to get butts in the seats. Being competitive at the FCS level would make a difference. 

UNM basketball team is legit though. Looked like The Pit was soldout few nights ago. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

UNM basketball team is legit though. Looked like The Pit was soldout few nights ago. 

They are capable of putting some quality basketball teams together.  They also added one my all time favorite players, Morris Udeze, from the transfer portal from Wichita State.  Needless to say, he couldn’t be happier with his decision to go to Albuquerque.  

On 1/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They won't have problems selling out The Pit as long as Pitino can build something sustainable here. UNM has always been a basketball school, but times had been tough for a while since Alford left for UCLA. He really had it going the first few years after I got here (2011). The Lobos were briefly in the top 10 at one point and a #3 seed in the tournament. 

There's no reason that UNM can't be the marquee mid-major program in the West. Gonzaga doesn't count. LOL

9 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

They won't have problems selling out The Pit as long as Pitino can build something sustainable here. UNM has always been a basketball school, but times had been tough for a while since Alford left for UCLA. He really had it going the first few years after I got here (2011). The Lobos were briefly in the top 10 at one point and a #3 seed in the tournament. 

There's no reason that UNM can't be the marquee mid-major program in the West. Gonzaga doesn't count. LOL

I agree. Can LU get em on the schedule for next year though?? 🤷🏾‍♂️