East Chambers Buccaneers 2022 Preview

jdawg03

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 8:02 AM, JimAdler said:

You may need to read my post again.  EC hasn't been a regional threat until Sutherland's (2) teams made some noise.  Aside from that, they've only been a district winner and setx presence.  We all know the facts.  Yes, the run started around 2000, as I stated above.

The EC program has been dominant since 1995. ThT was Evans first year. Since then they have missed the playoffs only once. That’s pretty impressive. Everyone talks about coaching, the talent here inWinnie Stowell is second to none. Every coach since Evans has came in and made the playoffs. It’s the talent, not the coaches getting all of the credit. I have never liked Open Campuses, the move in sometimes hurt teams and local players. I feel if you don’t sleep here, you do not need to play here

On 8/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, Balanor said:

lol, I just like listening to the hate and jealousy.  I find it amusing.  I didn't go to school there and have no ties to the football program currently or in the past.  I do follow their little program though. 

I am genuinely curious about the rhetoric with "Beaumont" kids transfering in the past though.  Maybe it's a better school and opportunity for the family..?  Over 10k kids transfer in the state of Texas that participate in sports.  Everything should be transparent and if not should be brought up through the proper channels.

These kids that played here at EC that are considered move ins should be called something else. They or their families did not relocate and live here. These were kids that drove here from wherever everyday. I feel d local kids are talented enuf to carry EC. I have seen or known any of these kids that came in to participate in EC athletics to be rated as 3-5 star athletes 

2 hours ago, Jesse Evans said:

They don’t need any I’ve ins. In d past several years, there has not been any guys to move in that was rated a 1 star, much less a 3-5 star athlete. The local talent can a carry EC

I figured there weren't any this year. I think "world class" track star mentioned was a sophomore receiver with above average speed. Not world class though. 

On 8/5/2022 at 5:41 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Maybe I spoke out of error earlier, and I do apologize if I did. So maybe you can set me straight. Just curious, who were the leader(s) of that team? And where was he from? Home grown Winnie boy, correct? Thanks.  

Thanks JimAdler, I think I just got my answer. I know it pains folks to admit it but honestly you take that one kid (that apparently did not live there) off those teams and they go nowhere. Likely 1st round exits. Wasn't he something like 60-70% of their offense? That kid ran wild through that district. Then the playoffs happened.    

On 8/21/2022 at 9:45 AM, Jesse Evans said:

The EC program has been dominant since 1995. ThT was Evans first year. Since then they have missed the playoffs only once. That’s pretty impressive. Everyone talks about coaching, the talent here inWinnie Stowell is second to none. Every coach since Evans has came in and made the playoffs. It’s the talent, not the coaches getting all of the credit. I have never liked Open Campuses, the move in sometimes hurt teams and local players. I feel if you don’t sleep here, you do not need to play here

EC was absolute garbage prior to Andy Evans arriving and changing absolutely everything for that program moving forward. He did a phenomenal job, not only winning football games, but changing the culture of EC athletics as a whole. They need to put a statue of him out there somewhere or name the stadium after him....something....

9 hours ago, 87JAG said:

Yes he did. They moved to winnie.

Must have got some bad info.  Maybe it was the Shelvin kid.  Its been a few years.  It doesn't matter though, EC isnt the only one who gets quality kids to come over for sports.  Dayton used to get it all the time under the Stewart era.  If my kid lived in the Bmt area, I'd make him go to EC as well.

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, Setx fan said:

I figured there weren't any this year. I think "world class" track star mentioned was a sophomore receiver with above average speed. Not world class though. 

what is a !0.0 in 100M, if that is not world class, there is no class. Shelvin Nolton who is a junior at University of Texas was a RB 2 years ago at EC. the 2021 National Junior College Champion in 100M, Coffeyville College in Kansas. Look him up

On 8/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, LoydW said:

What does it matter if there was move?

it matters a lot when kids come here to Winnie and take a spot from a local kid who has the same talent. Until it is one of your kids who goes to the bench because of a move in, its ok. look at the big picture. EC has won on talent for many years, not coaching. TALENT. When the talent level drops, losing begins. EC has had one down year in 25, that speaks a lot of the talent and the program. they were winning before transfers came in to Winnie

On 8/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, Setx fan said:

I don't think EC has any significant move ins this year. You could be right though 

They have one, Jarrell Smith. An average sophmore athlete that will be pretty good, but he has taken a spot that several kids on the team could be playing. he is not a difference maker on this team. i believe he will help the track team more as he appears to be fast. Coming in from HJ, can you blame this kid for nor transferring with a promise to play immediately

On 8/21/2022 at 8:45 AM, Jesse Evans said:

Dont take anything away from Coach Sutherland, but probably one of the best teams or one of the top s is the team from 1996. they only gave up 40 points the entire season. they went 2 deep in the playoiffs without a bye game. that team was explosive and very talented, all local talented. every individual has there right to pick and feel the best team that played here at EC, this is my feel, the team in 1996. The team in 2018 is my 2nd choice, losing to state champion Grandview, who they should have beaten. the 3rd choice ids the team Tramaine Thomas played on. if there are any other team, lets talk about them, SHOW ME

On 8/22/2022 at 11:38 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Thanks JimAdler, I think I just got my answer. I know it pains folks to admit it but honestly you take that one kid (that apparently did not live there) off those teams and they go nowhere. Likely 1st round exits. Wasn't he something like 60-70% of their offense? That kid ran wild through that district. Then the playoffs happened.    

what kid are you talking about

On 8/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, JimAdler said:

Must have got some bad info.  Maybe it was the Shelvin kid.  Its been a few years.  It doesn't matter though, EC isnt the only one who gets quality kids to come over for sports.  Dayton used to get it all the time under the Stewart era.  If my kid lived in the Bmt area, I'd make him go to EC as well.

Shelvin and his family moved here. His step father is home grown and an EC graduate