TABC Games

Not sure about all the area teams.  Silsbee played a very tough schedule and went 0-3 but were very competitive.  Lost to Carter and iSchool at the buzzer and by 9 to OD Wyatt.  Jared Harris receiving a ton of buzz and offers from UT, UofH and SMU.  

Orangefield went 2-1.  After losing a tough one to Chapel Hill by 3 in the opener (in which their top returning player, Pete Ragusa dropped 37), the Bobcats rebounded with a 31 pt win over salado and a 12 point win over Brock.  

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not sure about all the area teams.  Silsbee played a very tough schedule and went 0-3 but were very competitive.  Lost to Carter and iSchool at the buzzer and by 9 to OD Wyatt.  Jared Harris receiving a ton of buzz and offers from UT, UofH and SMU.  

Orangefield went 2-1.  After losing a tough one to Chapel Hill by 3 in the opener (in which their top returning player, Pete Ragusa dropped 37), the Bobcats rebounded with a 31 pt win over salado and a 12 point win over Brock.  

Over half the team played in the state 7 on 7 tourney the day before going 4-1. Then drove up to Dallas the next day and played in the TABC games. Very busy time for several of these young men.

Harris had a great 3 games. Not surprised with the offers.

According to TABC website here is how the local teams did:

6A:

BMT Westbrook: 3-0

BMT United: 2-1 (loss was to Lake Highlands) 

5A: 

PA Memorial: 1-2 

Barbers Hill: 2-1

4A: 

Silsbee: 0-3 (note: Did play an extremely tough schedule & all games were close) 

HJ: 0-3 ( Only lost to 4A runner up Wichita Falls City View by 4) 

LCM: 2-1 

Huffman: 0-3

3A: 

Orangefield: 2-1

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Best player in the state and probably top 2 or 3 in the country.  

I love his game maybe I’m bias but I think Wes Yates is the best player in the state..

Lake Highland killed BU on the glass….  Tre Johnston went Kobe bean Bryant on duncanville tho  

15 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

I love his game maybe I’m bias but I think Wes Yates is the best player in the state..

Lake Highland killed BU on the glass….  Tre Johnston went Kobe bean Bryant on duncanville tho  

I love Wes too.  But he is probably 4 or 5 in the state in this class.  

Harris scored nearly half of Silsbee's points in the Carter game. Last time the teams met, he only played about half the game due to foul trouble. Glad we could get another game with Carter, as this is exactly the type of team the Tigers need to be playing.

Dville was missing their best player in the loss to LH, but that Johnson kid is a beast. Are all these kids still gonna be playing for Lake Highlands when the season starts for real is what I'm wondering.

5 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

Give me

Wes Yates 

Ron Holland 

Jakobe Walter 

Don’t look at the politics…. 

Solid list.  Johnson has separated himself from the others.  After more thought, I would put Yates 3rd after Holland as well.  I like him better than Lewis, Johnson and Walter.  I would put Tugler above those guys too.  But Tre is 3rd and 4th in the country on the two biggest recruiting rankings for a reason.  And he’s looking more and more like a 2024 lottery pick.