Being Called Jackie Racist?

Hagar

In 2019 SI interview, the White Sox black SS Tim Anderson referred to himself as “today’s Jackie Robinson”.  Yankees 3rd baseman Josh Donaldson, who is white, called Anderson, “Jackie”.  Anderson claims it was a racist comment.  Someone will have to explain that to me.  If someone referred to me as Mickey (Mantle), I’d be honored.  What’s racist about Jackie.  Based on this story, I think they need to give Anderson some Play-Duh.  Good grief, whiney baby.  Sounds like Anderson is ashamed of being black. 
Can anyone explain what’s racist about this?

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

In 2019 SI interview, the White Sox black SS Tim Anderson referred to himself as “today’s Jackie Robinson”.  Yankees 3rd baseman Josh Donaldson, who is white, called Anderson, “Jackie”.  Anderson claims it was a racist comment.  Someone will have to explain that to me.  If someone referred to me as Mickey (Mantle), I’d be honored.  What’s racist about Jackie.  Based on this story, I think they need to give Anderson some Play-Duh.  Good grief, whiney baby.  Sounds like Anderson is ashamed of being black. 
Can anyone explain what’s racist about this?

This is the hidden content, please

Nothing.

This is the kind of crap we should give no traction and tell the woke crowd to pound sand.

Maybe he was truly offended by it. Maybe the guy that said it had no ill intent and did not know it would wrongly received. Maybe the guy that received it took it the wrong way and it was meant as a compliment.

I know that if you’re looking to be offended, you will be offended whether it was intended or not.

I was complained on one time as a police officer because I told a minority woman she was admirable. I was immediately called in and told my exact words. Her son had been assaulted by a couple of bullies after school. I asked if he did anything to get away or fight back in self-defense and the child’s mother said she does not allow him to use violence even in self-defense. I said that while I thought it was admirable the way she was raising her son, maybe at the very least she could teach him to get away and not just absorb  the beating. I did make the police report for the investigation. I had not been gone a couple of minutes when I was called in for the investigation on me.I was complained on because I was concerned about her son’s  welfare but said it was admirable that she was teaching her son not to be violent.

I would not be shocked that 20 years later she is probably still telling the story about how a white officer was abusive to her and a racist.

If you were looking for a reason to be angry, you probably will be. There are obviously plenty of reasons to be angry with someone but if you walk around with a chip on your shoulder, “how are you doing” might be offensive.