Will LUMBERTON and DAYTON see each other again in the playoffs..

WarPaint

Guest beards_bro

You know what, I will root for the Dayton kids to win their games and advance in the playoffs. It's not their fault some of their fans say ridiculous things. They are a good team and have earned their spot...even if it is a #2 seed.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you two have any pull this is what we need to do.  If Dayton gets moved out of this district lets play week 1,2, or 3.  I know for a fact that Dayton would love to play the next 2 years.  Maybe yall can drop cleveland, BC or the other power house that yall played.  It would be great for 2 tradition rich programs to play these next 2 years.  If your going to crow crow all the time not just the one time in 42 years that yall made the playoffs.  So lets play it will be fun.  

Guest TravelingBandsman

I don't harp over the fact that Dayton lost to Lumberton. I fully accept that we did. The only thing is your thinking that it would be the exact same game in a round 4 matchup, and we're trying to tell you, it wouldn't, that's all. I'm not saying who would win or who would lose but it would definitely be 5 times tougher for Lumberton in this new scenario. Also, about the loss, time and time again I hear it referred to as a whipping or a stomping. I ask you, since when is a lucky two point conversion to make it 8-7 a whipping. The context is way out of line. I would call it a last minute down to the wire upset.....but definitely 100% not a whipping.

Guest beards_bro

I don't harp over the fact that Dayton lost to Lumberton. I fully accept that we did. The only thing is your thinking that it would be the exact same game in a round 4 matchup, and we're trying to tell you, it wouldn't, that's all. I'm not saying who would win or who would lose but it would definitely be 5 times tougher for Lumberton in this new scenario. Also, about the loss, time and time again I hear it referred to as a whipping or a stomping. I ask you, since when is a lucky two point conversion to make it 8-7 a whipping. The context is way out of line. I would call it a last minute down to the wire upset.....but definitely 100% not a whipping.

The two point conversion wasn't lucky........it was earned by our players who wanted it more and given away by dayton's who couldn't defend against it. It shouldn't have came down to that anyways....we had already dropped at least two wide open passes that would have been for sure td's when our players had your defenders beat and we had twice as many penalties and turnovers against us in critical situations which killed several of our drives in your territory. In reality, the game could have been a win for the raiders by at least 2 td's.

i dont understand why people keep saying we got the rules changed, first off, you CANT change a UIL rule in one night,  it is a set in rule and they arent gonna think "oh, well lumberton is doing good so we gotta feel bad for them and let them have the easy game" that ish dont happen, stop looking for excuses, WE DIDNT RUN OUT AND CRY TILL THE RULES CHANGED!!!!!

Guest TravelingBandsman

The two point conversion wasn't lucky........it was earned by our players who wanted it more and given away by dayton's who couldn't defend against it. It shouldn't have came down to that anyways....we had already dropped at least two wide open passes that would have been for sure td's when our players had your defenders beat and we had twice as many penalties and turnovers against us in critical situations which killed several of our drives in your territory. In reality, the game could have been a win for the raiders by at least 2 td's.

My point is though, you didn't. You didn't score those other 2 touchdowns you "should" have scored. I could say all day that we should have won that game but it won't change the fact that we didn't. 8-7 is an OH MY GOD close game. Both teams gave their all, and Lumberton was just able to slip by with the win. In a round 4 matchup, you'd be facing an entirely different setup. I'm trying to say, it would not be in the least the same game as last time.

Unlikely, but I sure would like to see it happen.  I got to see most of Lumberton v. Dayton & Dayton v. Nederland and all of Nederland v. Lumberton this year.  Both Dayton & Lumberton are vastly improved.  I think it would be a great contest not to mention the Region III D-II sweep.  If it happened, I can't imagine Cardinal Stadium as the venue.  I think it seats around 17,500.

I think it's great to see Lumberton make the playoffs....you have to start a new tradition some how and a trip to the playoffs and maybe a win or 2 can have a lasting impression on the youngsters.

***A 4th round re-match between Dayton - Lumberton would be huge for SE Texas. 

***Dayton looks to be turning it up big time and at the right time..

If its poissible i definately see it happening

Dayton obviously isnt gunna go down without a fight, and if Dayton fights they likely will win but L town has surely impressed me

as the song "The Impossible" states, "if the fury of the wind is unstoppable, i've learned to never underestimate the impossible"

as unlikely as it seems i believe these guys can do anything

There's no "truth" to hurt us...we haven't played ya'll again yet and nobody knows the outcome of that game until after we do play. And if you beat us, so be it...you can finally stop whinning about your loss to us in week 1.

Call me an idiot if you please but I have read every thread about dayton and Lumberton and never once has anyone from Dayton "whined" about the loss they have promised it would not happen again but that is not whining in any context.

I hope we get LaMarque in round 2. I welcome that challenge for our boys. To be the best, you've got to beat the best. You can't go around hoping you're able to dodge all of the great teams. You are going to have to face them eventually. I guess Dayton is upset with the seeding because they must feel that Crosby is a tougher team than the other and they wanted the easy way out so they could advance to round two. All we can do is give it our best and leave it all out there on the field. If they beat the boys, at least they will know that they gave it there all and played the very best that they could. But first, we will concentrate on Smiley and not over look them at all. If we win...then maybe LaMarque.

First of all nobody from Dayton is upset about the seeding because there is no doubt about them beating Crosby. They are upset because they are the best team in the district and are not the #1 seed.

Second Saying they wanted to take the easy route is a bold statement which is obviously not true because they would be requesting Smiley or Lumberton two teams everyone knows Dayton can beat.

Mav..I understand what you are saying about certain posters making it hard for people to root for Dayton. Now I see why they always stay upset about not getting any love from the public and other football fans. If you look in the Saturday papers from the previous weeks they are getting no love. The win against PNG was barely mentioned in last weeks paper..it was on the very last page in small print if it even was. The week before against Big Ned..63-0 was'nt even hardly mentioned if you go back and look. I guess it's just hard to root for these guys and it shows..at least from what I've been observing lately. Just my opinion..they don't have to like it.

The reason they dont get attention is because everyone expects them to win. Lumberton gets attention because for the first time in forty somthing years they have a "decent" team. NOTE: not a great team a decent team

Relish in the fact that Lumberton did beat Dayton this year.

But as far as the #2 seed...

Must be nice to CHANGE THE RULES to get the #1 seed.

Second...

"Crosby doesn't beat yall like raidernation did."

A one point victory in the last few seconds of a game is not a whipping, it is pulling out a last second "home field advantage" win.

Third....

"Second are you hoping that LaMarque will do something that yall couldn't."

If Lumberton does get to the second round along with LaMarque, I wish the Raiders the best of luck.

Fourth....

"See I want to pull for Dayton but its posters like you and Purple that make Other teams root against yall."

I think your words in this post are in harmony of what this district did on the Friday afternoon meeting.

Good luck against Smiley, if things get rough just see if you can have the rules changed.

Back to the topic....

Hopefully all three 22-4A teams will win this Friday.

That is the first step to the rematch.

CAN YOU PLEASE QUIT FREAKIN SAYING THAT WE CHANGED THE RULES, IF LUMBERTON HAD THAT MUCH FREAKIN POWER THAN WE WOULD JUST TAKE IT ALL NOW, STOPPP SAYING THAT UNTIL U KNOW 110% OF THE FACTS NOT "WHAT U FREAKIN HEARD." I MEAN DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WE ARE JUST THAT AWESOME TO JUST UP AND CHANGE THE RULES IN OUR FAVOR, YEA WERE PRETTY GOOD BUT WE DONT HAVE THAT KINDA POWER.

JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT WE ALL SHARE A TITLE... GET OVER IT.

Why dont we all come together and cheer each other on.

We are all representing our area. come on guys..

thanks

Call me an idiot if you please but I have read every thread about dayton and Lumberton and never once has anyone from Dayton "whined" about the loss they have promised it would not happen again but that is not whining in any context.

Obviously thE Dayton boys haven't looked at the logo on the Lumberton helmets very close. If ya'll had you'd notice that the Raider is riding that bronc all the way to a touchdown........lol. GO L-TOWN.....LET IT LOOSE!!!!!

Guest maverick24

First of all nobody from Dayton is upset about the seeding because there is no doubt about them beating Crosby. They are upset because they are the best team in the district and are not the #1 seed.

Second Saying they wanted to take the easy route is a bold statement which is obviously not true because they would be requesting Smiley or Lumberton two teams everyone knows Dayton can beat.

Thats Funny right there!!!! You just keep proving that you know nothing about H.S. Football! If Dayton were the best team in District they would have beat everybody (THEY DIDN'T)  The Raidernation beat yall, png beat Raidernation then yall beat png, Why can't you face the fact that yall are no better or worse than the other two.

Second please save the fact that you (KNOW)  Dayton would beat teams in advance. Dayton us a good team NOT A GREAT TEAM but good and it is sad that some people like you make it hard for the rest of us to pull for them. I wish the team luck against Crosby because unlike what you think Crosby is coming to play. Save your gaurantees for something you know about, because You have proven that you know very little about Football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics